Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Anyone have any with supportive friends or family? Gays being gay with people all like aww look so gay

This is prob the biggest poster child of that trope i can think of
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/ill_cheer_on_my_yuri_onee_chan

joined Dec 5, 2023

Anyone have any with supportive friends or family? Gays being gay with people all like aww look so gay

Thanks that was a fun read.
Another request for people, couple where both are hopelessly stupid. There's a lot of like airhead x motherly but i want airhead x airhead

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thanks that was a fun read.
Another request for people, couple where both are hopelessly stupid. There's a lot of like airhead x motherly but i want airhead x airhead

Sakura Trick, right?
Also, Hatsukoi, Tokimeki Usuihon

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Yuri Otaku Family
My Mom's a Superstar
Mochi au Lait's works tend to have characters that are very happy to witness yuri.
Straight Girl Trap has some drama, and romance setup takes time due to "surely she's straight" gags, but it develops into multiple wholesome couples with supportive friends/coworkers. Contrary to what mangaupdates states, it's complete.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

There's a new series that started updating on Mangadex: Oshi no Bishoujo ni Kokuhaku sareru Hanashi that's super sweet and wholesome. First chapter confession, they immediately come out to friends and classmates, and the whole class ships them and are just super supportive in general.

Also, if you haven't already read them, Can't Defy the Lonely Girl and Anemone Is In Heat both feature super supportive friend groups and parents that, while never explicitly confirmed, seem to understand what's going on and are tacitly supportive.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Lily Love comes to mind.

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

I just finished reading, on Dynasty, a series called Ikoku Nikki by Yamashito Tomoko. It is quite unlike any other series I have ever read. The first episode was published on Dynasty in March of 2019. The final chapter, episode 51-54, dropped today. Stay with me, I’m leading up to something. The basic plot is: a young girl’s parents were killed in a car crash. She was adopted by her mother’s younger sister. The girl is Takumi Asa, hence the title of the poem below. The younger sister is Koudai Makio, an author of girls’ novels. The final chapter concerns Asa’s high school graduation and her and Makio’s coming to terms with their feelings for each other. It is total emotional overload, at least for me. I can’t stop crying. Not from sadness, just from overload.

Anyway, here is the poem:

Daybreak by Koudai Makio (Yamashita Tomoko)

Daybreak,
Someday you
Will build a boat sturdier than I did.
And then you’ll set off
Wind blowing fervently in the sails
And that boat’s floorboards
The nails
The small frays on the edges
Will be proof of what we fought to build, won’t they?
It’s us
And the us we were long ago
And also what you all will be someday.
We make a boat
And set off.

Daybreak,
You will make a boat far sturdier than we did and sail so very far.
I’ll become someone that pushes your boat and stays behind on the shore.
I’ll become your anchor and sink into the sea.
I’ll become the bow that cuts through the waves.
I’ll become something that won’t mind if you forget about it completely.
Because that dawn you’re seeing is what we all see.

So, Daybreak,
If you could find it in you,
Just as a visit,
Just as a renewal,
Just as it’s always been there,
Stop by a certain person’s little departure.

Koudaki Makio

Everyone who commented thought it was the best manga ever, regardless of genre.

butches-and-chicken
Butches%20yuri
joined Jun 12, 2023

Does anyone have historical yuri recommendations? I'm fine with tragedy and unhappy endings

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

It's not focused on yuri but Karakida-ke no koshogurashi has the makings based on early evidence (ten chapters out in scanlation so far).

edit: I might add it's doing an excellent job of wiping out my Ikoku Nikki withdrawal symptoms.

last edited at Dec 25, 2023 9:07AM

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Does anyone have historical yuri recommendations? I'm fine with tragedy and unhappy endings

Mid-twentieth century Korea:
Opium
Jeong-Nyeon (though unfortunately the group that was translating it seems to have disbanded)

butches-and-chicken
Butches%20yuri
joined Jun 12, 2023

Mid-twentieth century Korea:
Opium
Jeong-Nyeon (though unfortunately the group that was translating it seems to have disbanded)

Thank you for the recommendations! (^u^) I will check them out!

joined Apr 3, 2022

Looking for something similar to Semelparous action wise. Would like the characters romance to start early. Some kissing, ecchi, or plot even better.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Looking for something similar to Semelparous action wise. Would like the characters romance to start early. Some kissing, ecchi, or plot even better.

There's the excellent Mermaid Lovers, but due to an early axe there's sadly only the fist volume translated.
And Liberta, of course.
Gunbured x Sisters
Maybe also Innocent Devil.
And not available here, the amazing "Omae Gotoki ga Maou ni Kateru to Omouna" to Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareta node, Outo de Kimama ni Kurashitai the Comic

ThatReptileButch
Tiny
joined Nov 8, 2023

I'm back! Do any of you guys know of any monster girl yuri with really monstrous/'not just normal girls with cat ears' monster girls? I enjoyed Beauty and the Beast-Girl, but would def be ok with more gnarly monster girls!

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

I'm back! Do any of you guys know of any monster girl yuri with really monstrous/'not just normal girls with cat ears' monster girls? I enjoyed Beauty and the Beast-Girl, but would def be ok with more gnarly monster girls!

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/alien_girl Maybe?

joined Oct 26, 2023

Any lesser known manga where relationships are revealed positively? I enjoy things like the one girl now hangs out in the other girls friend group because they are openly together or the love interest is introduced to the parents or sister or brother.

joined Dec 22, 2023

manga similar to sal jiang's artstyle? i really like the semi-realism if thats what its called

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Any lesser known manga where relationships are revealed positively? I enjoy things like the one girl now hangs out in the other girls friend group because they are openly together or the love interest is introduced to the parents or sister or brother.

Not sure it's lesser known, since it was on Mangadex's top series for a few weeks, but I rarely hear many people talking about Oshi no Bishoujo ni Kokuhaku sareru Hanashi, and it fits the bill. First chapter confession, they immediately come out to friends and classmates, and the more standoffish girl quickly becomes part of her GF's friend group, as well as making her own gyaru friends.

And it's not a manga, but Love and Be Loved on Webtoons also fits this to a T. The series centers around a geek x jock couple, and their friend group. The jock girl pretty quickly introduces her GF into her friend group, and she soon becomes part of the gang. I think it's really great.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I can't recall any that fits your description exactly, but you might enjoy these:

manga similar to sal jiang's artstyle? i really like the semi-realism if thats what its called

Yamaji Ebine but her stories are an acquired taste.

ThatReptileButch
Tiny
joined Nov 8, 2023

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/alien_girl Maybe?

This is EXACTLY the sort of thing I was hunting for!!! Thank you for the lovely creaturegirl shenanigans, though I can't help but question what the alien girl's normal diet is, considering those nightmare teeth... hopefully not human faces or something of that sort (joking)! Either way, I greatly appreciate the rec!!!!

last edited at Jan 8, 2024 12:14AM

joined Oct 26, 2023

Not sure it's lesser known, since it was on Mangadex's top series for a few weeks, but I rarely hear many people talking about Oshi no Bishoujo ni Kokuhaku sareru Hanashi, and it fits the bill. First chapter confession, they immediately come out to friends and classmates, and the more standoffish girl quickly becomes part of her GF's friend group, as well as making her own gyaru friends.

And it's not a manga, but Love and Be Loved on Webtoons also fits this to a T. The series centers around a geek x jock couple, and their friend group. The jock girl pretty quickly introduces her GF into her friend group, and she soon becomes part of the gang. I think it's really great.

Love and Be Loved was awesome read all that there is so far yesterday.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

A recommendation to all wandering rōnin scanlators within hearing range: Kitan Hanamonogatari. I'm halfway through the Japanese translation (the original's a Taiwanese manhua) and... fame awaits whoever gets to it first.

joined Oct 26, 2023

anything that isn't annoying(you know the common manga tropes: communicating like children, thrown in love triangles, drawn out drama etc)

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

anything that isn't annoying(you know the common manga tropes: communicating like children, thrown in love triangles, drawn out drama etc)

That's still quite vague, since a lot of things can be considered "common manga tropes". Are you looking for something more realistic, or more serious? or just no "forced" conflict (at which point a easy going comedy would do)? More Iyashikei?

That Said maybe try
collectors

And maybe Tsuki to Suppin

An OL at Her Limit and a College Girl
is fairly recent, so you might have already seen it and there's not a lot of chapters yet, but the characters make a pretty good job communicating.

last edited at Jan 29, 2024 12:10PM

joined Jan 22, 2024

Heyyyyyy,

I just finished reading "The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All" and the story really is stuck in my head. Do you guys know any mangas similar. By similar I mean the ones that give you butterflies, all those "zhiihdhskznzbxuxndshsh" kind of feelings, and ugghhh it's so cute I'm gonna cry and hit the wall kinda stuff. If the manga comes with a cool art style then it's beyond perfect.

Thankssss.

To reply you must either login or sign up.