Forum › The Princess of Sylph (Twitter Version) discussion

joined Jul 26, 2023

I feel I know what Sarah is doing. She probably could only pull off petrifying everyone, and is trying to force the princess to kill her so she could make her take back the royal sword. But damn.

It would also shift the entire blame to her, the princess wasn't able to save the people and protect the town because she wasn't strong enough or didn't care, she was tricked all along. Those who had no faith in her probably will now, when she kills her.

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

How many chapters does the twitter version have?

34 chapters. We're in the last stretch but far from over.

So there are only 6 chapters left to wrap everything up? It felt like the story had just started and that it has a lot more in store (like 50+ chapters). Sad, but oh well. Looking forward to the next chapters, and the serialized one might get more chapters than this one.

Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

You might be fooled by the art and previous chapters of this manga in both versions. Both started pretty wholesome with silly jokes here and there but last chapters have being very gruesome with a good twist in the plot that I'm loving. The author definitely needs more recognition for their work.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

So there are only 6 chapters left to wrap everything up? It felt like the story had just started and that it has a lot more in store (like 50+ chapters). Sad, but oh well. Looking forward to the next chapters, and the serialized one might get more chapters than this one.

This didn't really end. It just got picked up in the middle of the story and part of the negotiation strategy was to start over from the beginning.

last edited at Dec 9, 2023 4:14PM

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Holy shit.

This took a turn.

joined Mar 23, 2022

Daymmmm I'm loving the" taking all the blame " route. Feels trip at it's finest. Looking forward what the princess will gonna do next. The choice plays over her hands now.

joined Mar 23, 2022

Princess gonna choose between her people or Sara bae.

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

This didn't really end. It just got picked up in the middle of the story and part of the negotiation strategy was to start over from the beginning.

Thank you for the good news! Then we have a lot to look forward to.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Broadcasting through the butterflies, got it, but the specifics about it confused me. Sister Sara was doing it, but doesn't seem the people heard the part where Sister Sara was acting evil so princess would kill her? And what is the range of this butterfly broadcast, since even the guards heard? Sister Sara could have set up it so the whole kingdom could hear it?

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Broadcasting through the butterflies, got it, but the specifics about it confused me. Sister Sara was doing it, but doesn't seem the people heard the part where Sister Sara was acting evil so princess would kill her? And what is the range of this butterfly broadcast, since even the guards heard? Sister Sara could have set up it so the whole kingdom could hear it?

I'm pretty sure Natalia controls the butterflies and the people did hear Sara. They responded to what she said last chapter. It's part of why they wanted to kill her.

last edited at Dec 10, 2023 5:40PM

joined Dec 3, 2023

We all know the real heroes are knights. Such loyalty…

joined Apr 10, 2023

Sara's suicidal ideation is such a serious and raw theme running through the twitter version, damn. I wonder if it's something that started after that seed was planted in her, or if it's been going on for even longer...

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Sara's suicidal ideation is such a serious and raw theme running through the twitter version, damn. I wonder if it's something that started after that seed was planted in her, or if it's been going on for even longer...

I didn't translate the prequel doujinshi where Sara takes Sylpheed, but it's clear from there she was already suicidal after her abusive father disowned her and she became a nun. This doesn't seem to have changed at all in the new version, she's just better at hiding it. But if you match them side-by-side Sara's already showing greater suicidal tendencies early on in the serialized version. She seems to have issues with self-worth she masks under self-suggestion - constantly telling herself she's perfect as motivation. The little glimpse of her backstory before chapter 10 suggests that used to be real pride that might haunt her now.

20200611_003300
joined May 9, 2019

They mean so much to me

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

weh

joined Apr 10, 2023

I wonder how this scene might eventually change in the serialization, because in that one emphasizing that the princess tries to push herself too hard to live up to an ideal as a "child of the spirits" hardly needs more help lol. The use of magic wasps is fun though.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

They mean so much to me

Same.

I'm really hoping for an eventual anime/movie adaptation. It's just too good not to get one!

joined Apr 15, 2013

Whoever tagged ch 31 with "legs" is a truly hilarious person.

Ren%e2%80%99py_logo_6-13-6_200x307px
joined Jan 21, 2023

I didn't translate the prequel doujinshi where Sara takes Sylpheed, but it's clear from there she was already suicidal after her abusive father disowned her and she became a nun. This doesn't seem to have changed at all in the new version, she's just better at hiding it. But if you match them side-by-side Sara's already showing greater suicidal tendencies early on in the serialized version. She seems to have issues with self-worth she masks under self-suggestion - constantly telling herself she's perfect as motivation. The little glimpse of her backstory before chapter 10 suggests that used to be real pride that might haunt her now.

Oh my golly, oh my gosh, oh mah gaaaawwwd!!! Sara-chan nooooooo...!
I can't believe I read all the serialized chapters translated so far and never noticed that Sara was carrying that kind of heavy personal/emotional baggage!

Then again she was rejected like trash and disowned by her own family, and then iirc she was banished by the priests and nuns who were supposed to be her new family and sent to a second-rate monastery! Of course she would have self-esteem issues!

The author has been very sneaky so far, hiding the clues and hints behind a smokescreen of cutesy lovesy moments of yuri development... I wonder when they're planning to smack us with the horrible revelation?

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Oh my golly, oh my gosh, oh mah gaaaawwwd!!! Sara-chan nooooooo...!
I can't believe I read all the serialized chapters translated so far and never noticed that Sara was carrying that kind of heavy personal/emotional baggage!

Then again she was rejected like trash and disowned by her own family, and then iirc she was banished by the priests and nuns who were supposed to be her new family and sent to a second-rate monastery! Of course she would have self-esteem issues!

Wrecked by guilt and a sense of worthlessness.
And yes you do remember correctly about the church banishing her, in fact one of the links in the op you quoted leads to the segment where it happens haha lol.

The author has been very sneaky so far, hiding the clues and hints behind a smokescreen of cutesy lovesy moments of yuri development... I wonder when they're planning to smack us with the horrible revelation?

I'm looking forward to it. Kamejiro is a great writer and always full of good surprises.

last edited at Dec 13, 2023 10:11PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Wait that's so hashtag relatable lol

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

this is food for the soul, the angst is so good

Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

Kamejiro is a great artist but an even better writer. I can't believe princess of sylph is a cult like manga and not a lot of people is reading this.

I need the whole Yuri community to know about this manga, is just so good.

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

Suicide is badass

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

One thing I'm uncertain/confused on, do her boots allow her to walk? Since I think their "travel" designs are after all of this, where she's walking. I might have missed something.

To reply you must either login or sign up.