Forum › The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Ch 11. Natori: I want you to want me.
Ch 12 Lapis: Okay, I want you.
Natori: what da hell?

N: I didn't mean it like that!
L: too late, your ass is mine!

Best summary of the latest chapter so far. :-)

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The sexual tension that carried over from the last chapter, and then Lapis shamelessly flirting with Natori in front of other people... Nekotaro's vision is paying off handsomely. But while Lapis is more than satisfied with basking in Natori's presence, Natori has a different idea of what it means to cherish, as Natori now clearly wants to find a way for her mistress to live, so there's juicy conflict brewing between them already.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Just so we're clear, Natori DOESN'T want to be Lapis' spoiled pet, that she dotes on and shamelessly flirts with, in front of everyone? I can respect her feelings on wanting to be needed and trusted.

Can we just trade places though?

pandapandapanda666
joined Nov 14, 2022

i got curious and bought/read the raws for 13 and 14 bc chapter 12 has me dying and im still dying now anyways does anyone want the raws

I do, I very much do

im losing my shit

[link removed :( ]

last edited at Oct 31, 2023 9:08PM by drpepperfan

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

im losing my shit

Oh shit you've got me losing my shit too now

last edited at Oct 31, 2023 9:08PM by drpepperfan

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

im losing my shit

oh damn DRAMA i'm losing it too

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

im losing my shit

oh damn DRAMA i'm losing it too

[talk removed :( ]

last edited at Oct 31, 2023 9:09PM by drpepperfan

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Man, why post raws ? The team is decently fast to do the chapter to not have to discuss raws because some of you can't wait more than a few weeks.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

[Talk Removed, sorry]

last edited at Oct 31, 2023 9:09PM by drpepperfan

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Hey, apologies but I removed the raw discussion. While I respect and am happy that you all used spoiler tags to avoid spoiling stuff for people, considering that the series is very much being worked on right now at a good pace, I think it would be best to avoid raw discussions altogether. Apologies, but thank you all for properly tagging the chat.

joined Sep 6, 2023

I wonder; now that Lapis is more showy with her affections for Natori, and Natori seemingly returning those feelings (tho she doesn’t quite realize what they are just yet), will Diana go the jealousy route/become the antagonist for Natori’s affections? I can see a drastic change in that instead of the Prince killing Lapis like in the original game, it could be Diana instead. And at that point Natori would have to make a choice between Lapis or Diana.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

@drpepperfan I respect and accept your administrative decision, but I cannot help but be made uneasy by the arbitrariness of it. I have engaged in a good-faith discussion of this thread's main topic, following the site policies to the best of my understanding (even though spoiler-tagging future chapters is not even a codified forum rule, as far as I can tell), only to have it excised from existence. That feels unfair to me, and I would like to avoid situations like this in the future.

Did I understand you correctly that the current policy regarding discussions of chapters that have not been uploaded yet is as follows: "Users may discuss the contents of the chapters not yet available on the Dynasty Reader, unless the series is being uploaded at a good pace and as long as any such discussion is tagged as spoilers"? If so, I respectfully request a clarification on what is considered "a good pace" (e.g. how much time must pass since the last upload here for discussions of newer chapters to be okay?). I firmly believe that making all rules of conduct unambiguous and public will improve the quality of discussion in the long term.

last edited at Nov 1, 2023 4:48AM

joined Oct 12, 2017

I adore this recurrent theme in the story. The idea that the game had such a shallow interpretation of the characters and their relationships, and that the background characters you didn’t even get to see had a major impact on their lives. But that does kind of imply that, since the main beats of the story are still in place, we’re still on the train to doomsville. XD

I feel like I know exactly where this is going. The author is doing an excellent job laying out the foundation for the upcoming plot, so I really don’t expect any major surprises, but it feels self indulgent and lovely to read regardless. In much the same vein as the theme - even though I know where it’s going - I want to see the way their relationships grow and enjoy the journey getting there.

joined Oct 18, 2023

I feel like I know exactly where this is going. The author is doing an excellent job laying out the foundation for the upcoming plot, so I really don’t expect any major surprises, but it feels self indulgent and lovely to read regardless. In much the same vein as the theme - even though I know where it’s going - I want to see the way their relationships grow and enjoy the journey getting there.

Please tell it then. I'd really love to know because the plot in each recent chapters surprises me. I can't guess where it'll lead to. Thanks.

last edited at Nov 1, 2023 11:22AM

Screenshot%202024-04-26%20233149
joined Jan 17, 2021

I feel like we're the ones who's getting spoiled in this chapter.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Oh my god they’re so gay I love them

joined Jul 4, 2018

Ch 11. Natori: I want you to want me.
Ch 12 Lapis: Okay, I want you.
Natori: what da hell?

N: I didn't mean it like that!
L: too late, your ass is mine!

This is lore accurate. These are the summaries we want.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm surprised at how much I'm liking this series, having a villainess actually being an evil bitch is a refreshing change of pace. And is funny how Natori is turning Diana gay by accident.

Plus you know, that delicious age gap

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Diana is cute and good intentioned, but I can't root for someone that after all this time still can't say her crushes name right nor makes any attempt to try. Like, Lapis makes a lot of effort to get to know Natori, even if in the beginning only to manipulate her. Diana has really only been receiving. Even this right here is an example of her not really interested in knowing what Natori wants, but more about competing with the person she views as her rival. Realistically, she's kind of a shitty suitor.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Diana is going to be the villainess in Lapis' place, isn't she?

Yokoe
joined Sep 1, 2021

Diana is cute and good intentioned, but I can't root for someone that after all this time still can't say her crushes name right nor makes any attempt to try. Like, Lapis makes a lot of effort to get to know Natori, even if in the beginning only to manipulate her. Diana has really only been receiving. Even this right here is an example of her not really interested in knowing what Natori wants, but more about competing with the person she views as her rival. Realistically, she's kind of a shitty suitor.

I've already read that Diana's mistake with Natori's name is not because she has a lack of desire to say her name correctly, but rather the difference in status, If you notice, the only people who got Natori's name wrong so far were people with low status, because for these people the pronunciation of Natori's name is complicated so they say "Natalie" unintentionally.

joined May 27, 2020

I wonder; now that Lapis is more showy with her affections for Natori, and Natori seemingly returning those feelings (tho she doesn’t quite realize what they are just yet), will Diana go the jealousy route/become the antagonist for Natori’s affections? I can see a drastic change in that instead of the Prince killing Lapis like in the original game, it could be Diana instead. And at that point Natori would have to make a choice between Lapis or Diana.

Well

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I think it was mentioned somewhere by the mangaka that because Lapis and Gran are nobles (and thus have received more formal and strict education), they are fluent in more languages and can capture accents and dialects better than the average person. Natori... despite not being all too difficult to pronounce, is a foreign name, which is why it's supposedly harder on Diana to get the pronunciation down right. Also, they're probably not speaking Japanese in that world, so maybe something else is at play here. I dunno, but I'm choosing to believe this explanation.

EDIT: Oops, ended up posting this comment a little late, but point still stands, haha.

On a side note, I like how Diana actually gives off "main character" vibes instead of getting sidelined in a way. A lot of villainess manga I read simply tell us "oh, that girl over there is the main heroine, but anyway..." and then the villainess proceeds to take over and derail the story until we don't see the heroine anymore, but I like that Diana is still the "hero" and that this is still "her" story in a way.

last edited at Dec 6, 2023 10:17PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Well

Well

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I've already read that Diana's mistake with Natori's name is not because she has a lack of desire to say her name correctly, but rather the difference in status, If you notice, the only people who got Natori's name wrong so far were people with low status, because for these people the pronunciation of Natori's name is complicated so they say "Natalie" unintentionally.

If that's the case then the author has done a bad job showing it. Like, even one short scene of Diana trying and failing to say it right and apologizing would at least go some way for that. I can be sympathetic to the idea that it is more difficult for those with less education to a point, but there's a difference between someone finding something difficult and someone not putting in any effort at all.

And as someone living in the US and born outside of it, I know my name is difficult to pronounce for Americans and give them leeway with that, not really expecting people to say it right. But I have different standards for an average person saying my name, like say the maids in earlier chapters, and someone that is romantically interested in me or even wants to be my friend.

To reply you must either login or sign up.