Forum › In Yuriful Classroom discussion

joined Apr 20, 2022

That was a really cute chapter. The supernatural girl is by far my favorite so far. Surprised to see that there was no reaction to her just reading the character’s thoughts.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh almost forgot, the relationship chart is really fun and I like seeing it be slowly updated with every new bit of info we get about the characters. It's both really helpful and I'd imagine it's going to look completely different by the end of the series than what it looks like now.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Little does she know she just got her fan club.

joined Apr 10, 2023

It's really funny that multiple people called the trans implication in this chapter "subtle" because I think it's so obvious that I suspect it's a fake out and it's actually her brother in the photo for some reason, lol

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Also the distinct possibility that, maybe, just wore shorts for outfit? Long stretch for that, but maybe there are some schools in UK (assuming based on "English lady ") that don't have a strictly gendered uniform code or at least in this universe's UK.

Would like the trans bit to be true, but Occam's Razor blah blah. Seems easier for a publication to ignore trans stuff and not rock the boat.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Also the distinct possibility that, maybe, just wore shorts for outfit? Long stretch for that, but maybe there are some schools in UK (assuming based on "English lady ") that don't have a strictly gendered uniform code or at least in this universe's UK.

Would like the trans bit to be true, but Occam's Razor blah blah. Seems easier for a publication to ignore trans stuff and not rock the boat.

Her being trans actually seems like the most obvious and Occam's Razor explanation to me.

Anyway, I kind of hate this kind of story. It always takes away my suspension of disbelief. What high school students fawn over and borderline worship another student like this? She's not a freaking celebrity.

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

omg omg transgender yuri????? and people aren't being aholes here in the comments????? I can't wait to see more of this couple aaaaaaaa

Ecl3jisvaaepo8b
joined Jun 16, 2023

Yeah, call me whatever you want but the only couple I'm interested in has one of them as a trans? Smfh

"A trans"? A trans who? Kinda weird to refer to someone just by an adjective. And could you explain why it's a problem that Charlotte might be a trans woman?

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Her being trans actually seems like the most obvious and Occam's Razor explanation to me.

Anyway, I kind of hate this kind of story. It always takes away my suspension of disbelief. What high school students fawn over and borderline worship another student like this? She's not a freaking celebrity.

I was just being cynical about how certain publishers and the like to cater and keep a certain theme and demographic would disallow such a thing. That was what I meant by the Razor.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

It's really funny that multiple people called the trans implication in this chapter "subtle" because I think it's so obvious that I suspect it's a fake out and it's actually her brother in the photo for some reason, lol

Yeah it's not subtle, about as blunt as you can be without saying it out loud. Bluntly subtle? Their relationship seems great.

last edited at Oct 21, 2023 4:47PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

if this is doing what I think it is that's really cool, anyway since we saw this chapter entirely from Chiyo's perspective I'm now waiting for a chapter from Nagi's that includes a whole bunch of ghosts we couldn't see before.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Poggers

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Aaaaahhhhhh! Isn't anybody going to tell me what the hell poggers means!? LOL. I really do want to know what poggers means though.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Aaaaahhhhhh! Isn't anybody going to tell me what the hell poggers means!? LOL. I really do want to know what poggers means though.

Well, I used to be involved in an obscure Canadian blog about politics and such called "Peace, Order and Good Government, Eh?" or "Pogge" for short, and people who regularly frequented it could arguably have been called "poggers". I guess that might not be what was on the mangaka's or scanlators' minds though.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Poggers is a bastardization of Pogchamp a now deprecated twitch emote, the videogame livestreaming website, Pogchamp was used to show excitement when something cool happened, and Poggers while itself also a new emote in turn has become a very online way of saying you think someone is cool.

Pogchamp itself was called that because the emote had been copied from a youtuber's face during a video in which he played in a pog championship. Pogs being a game from the 90's in which you stacked little carton circles with various drawings on one side, and used a little plastic circle to flick it into the tower, then depending on how many of the carton circles ended face-up or not you were given points and also sometimes the circles themselves.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice. ^_^

Poggers is a bastardization of Pogchamp a now deprecated twitch emote, the videogame livestreaming website, Pogchamp was used to show excitement when something cool happened, and Poggers while itself also a new emote in turn has become a very online way of saying you think someone is cool.

Pogchamp itself was called that because the emote had been copied from a youtuber's face during a video in which he played in a pog championship. Pogs being a game from the 90's in which you stacked little carton circles with various drawings on one side, and used a little plastic circle to flick it into the tower, then depending on how many of the carton circles ended face-up or not you were given points and also sometimes the circles themselves.

Explanation very much appreciated.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I breifly wondered if it had something to do with pogs, but I thought why would a Japanese highschool girl reference an American fad from nearly thirty years ago. It does have a ring to it, though. Maybe I'll use it with my friends. If nothing else I'll get a good laugh from their confusion.

Gracias, mi amigo. For the explanation.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

The relationship chart so cutee3

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I think I've found my favorite couple <3

joined Jul 6, 2020

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I think this is the funniest page I've seen in a yuri manga in a long time.

Ema is purposefully hitting her friend with one death flag after another. The interrupted "confession" in the last panel had me lol'ing fr.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I think this is the funniest page I've seen in a yuri manga in a long time.

Ema is purposefully hitting her friend with one death flag after another. The interrupted "confession" in the last panel had me lol'ing fr.

It's called refreshing realism.

It's an all-pervading cliché in manga that when someone tells a girl something that resembles a love confession she must obligatorily blush and feel flustered and go doki-doki. Always. Even if it's glaringly obvious that it's a joke or a misleading mistake.

Thumbs up for this author who had Sanae reply with a resounding FUCK YOU to the idiot who was mockingly confessing to her just for the sake of a witty.

last edited at Jan 5, 2024 12:54PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Getting bored with the main couple already. I think this could benefit by adding a couple of characters and maybe a side couple?

To reply you must either login or sign up.