Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

If someone has a problem with that exceptionally infrequent occurrence, I'm sorry but they're either a homophobe or a misandrist. Either way, they can quite frankly just leave.

OR they could stay and explain to you why your name-calling is wrong, in the hope that one day you'll get it.

Identifying such a visceral reaction of disgust and disdain to the completely benign appearance of a gay couple as either homophobia or misandry is not "name-calling," no matter how much you would like it to be true. I'm well aware that there is a small but vocal subsection of this community who actually hate men, regardless of what they're doing or who they are. They pop up whenever a Het story is released or a man appears in a yuri story. I'm tired of it. They can take their personal problems elsewhere.

joined Apr 10, 2021

^ yeah

joined Apr 10, 2023

If someone has a problem with that exceptionally infrequent occurrence, I'm sorry but they're either a homophobe or a misandrist. Either way, they can quite frankly just leave.

OR they could stay and explain to you why your name-calling is wrong, in the hope that one day you'll get it.

Identifying such a visceral reaction of disgust and disdain to the completely benign appearance of a gay couple as either homophobia or misandry is not "name-calling," no matter how much you would like it to be true. I'm well aware that there is a small but vocal subsection of this community who actually hate men, regardless of what they're doing or who they are. They pop up whenever a Het story is released or a man appears in a yuri story. I'm tired of it. They can take their personal problems elsewhere.

Hell, I also hate men, Ed and Ian just get a pass for being cute gay 2d guys. If only all men were cute and gay and 2d, the world would be a much better place

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Identifying such a visceral reaction bla bla bla

Tldr, you're boring af.
If one day you find something to say about VE, maybe then we'll read.

I also hate men, Ed and Ian just get a pass for being cute gay 2d guys. If only all men were cute and gay and 2d, the world would be a much better place

Amen to that, pal. We are on the same wavelength.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Some couples in Virgins' Empire have already tied the knot, so to speak; while some other couples are still dilly-dallying. But there are levels between these couples who haven't yet affirmed their relationship status. Some are closer to being official than others; and Elisha and Honoka are... not at the top of the list, sadly. Honoka's defenses are not down yet.

The confirmed couples are:
Ai x Chie: them who were firstest.
Mio x Shizuka: there was a sea of tears in their way... but they crossed it.
Mari x Yuu: they have even filled marriage papers.
Haruka x Kanae: them who value their privacy—because they closed the deal away from prying eyes.

The couples who need to commit:
Nononon x Yumimi: by sensible standards, they should be the next ones to become official.
Mahiro x Mahiru: on one hand they are, like, already an item... on the other hand, there are hints that they still have a way to go.
Elisha x Honoka: Elisha wants, Honoka dodges the issue.
Airi x Michiru: same as above, but Michiru's resistance is stronger.
Ayano x Miyoshi: they are both still beating around the bush and I can't even.

And then there are the other girls, Mariri, Mayuyu, Nao, Onibi, Mask, Kaoru, Hibiki and Midori whom I refuse to opine on—because I have no idea what it is that KT has in mind for them.

Best post in a long time, thumbs up to you! With such a huge cast of characters sometimes you forget what's going on with who and why.

In a way, the girls in your "do not opine" folder are the most interesting as their options are still open... for instance, Nao and Onibi had many cute and sexy encounters, but now Nao is falling for Hibiki? And if something happens with them, where would that leave Midoriri?

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

In a way, the girls in your "do not opine" folder are the most interesting as their options are still open... for instance, Nao and Onibi had many cute and sexy encounters, but now Nao is falling for Hibiki? And if something happens with them, where would that leave Midoriri?

The deal with Nao is this: become a little close with a girl => use her for masturbation. I wouldn't say she's "falling" for anyone; more like she's horny all the time, lol.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Bla bla bla. Homophobes suck. Yuri fetishists suck. If they want to wank off, there is plenty of other wank material here. No need to bring their 4chan sensibilities here. Eww yuck gays! Frickin manchildren I swear.

"Name-calling is a form of argument in which insulting or demeaning labels are directed at an individual or group. Gratuitous verbal abuse or 'name-calling' is not on its own an example of the abusive argumentum ad hominem logical fallacy, but the fallacy does occur if personal attacks are employed to devalue a speaker's argument. This phenomenon is studied by academic disciplines such as child psychology, philosophy and political science."

Hilarious that you talk about manchildren when you have just turned yourself into a case study for a child psychology course.

Ok homophobe. Nobody asked.

Ren%e2%80%99py_logo_6-13-6_200x307px
joined Jan 21, 2023

Nao, Onibi, Mask, Kaoru, Hibiki and Midori

I like the way you listed them, hehehe, I see what you did there. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

Nao x Onibi x Mask x Kaoru x Hibiki x Midori

Kaoru x Hibiki??????? wtf have you been smoking?

As far as I can remember, Kaoru was all about Shizuka for a long time and then her interest switched to Mayoi. I don't know at which time she could have gone after Hibiki. Rereading the series from the beginning would be needed to perhaps find something but it's a lot of work.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Kaoru definitely macked on Hibiki during her "flirt with everyone" stage.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Pretty sure Hibiki is the first girl we see Kaoru flirt with way back in the dim mists of time.

joined Oct 19, 2022

As far as I can remember, Kaoru was all about Shizuka for a long time and then her interest switched to Mayoi. I don't know at which time she could have gone after Hibiki.

I have this image in my head of Kaoru kissing Hibiki and then both of them going to a typical festival in a Shinto shrine - you know, the kind with food stands and game booths, where girls go in a yukata? I think it happened in the first volumes. And then it ended rather quickly and in a low-key manner (because I don't remember at all their break-up).

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

The whole air pocky sequence with Ed and Ian was uncalled-for, unneeded and superfluous. Yuck. Blegh.

Frickin homophobes in even Dynasty.

Many yuri fans don't want dicks in their yuri. A few years back, they were the vast majority of yuri fans. Today, maybe not; but they still are huge numbers who want to read only about girls' love and want male eroticism as far away from the genre as possible.

Everyone is entitled to their tastes so they're right to express their views. But you know what's not right? Personal attacks and insults. That's bad and wrong. It's against the rules as well.

I must have missed the scene where dicks were involved. To me it just looked like two people who love each other flirting and kissing. But I guess for some people, the mere existence of two people (fictional, at that!) in love who both have hypothetical penises that you are not currently able to see is enough to elicit revulsion. I wonder if there's a word for that.

last edited at Sep 9, 2023 4:05PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

As far as I can remember, Kaoru was all about Shizuka for a long time and then her interest switched to Mayoi. I don't know at which time she could have gone after Hibiki. Rereading the series from the beginning would be needed to perhaps find something but it's a lot of work.

IIRC, when she first showed up, Kaoru was hitting on Hibiki. It was our first clue that Kaoru was a player.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

IIRC, when she first showed up, Kaoru was hitting on Hibiki. It was our first clue that Kaoru was a player.

https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/hibiki_x_kaoru

joined May 24, 2019

I must have missed the scene where dicks were involved. To me it just looked like two people who love each other flirting and kissing.

One yuri guide from the olden time described the different types of yuri fans and mentioned that a large segment of the fandom doesn't want yurigirls to ever come closer than 10 m. to a penis—or an individual equipped with one.

I assume it's even less desirable if the individuals in question are sexually aroused.

But I guess for some people, the mere existence of two people (fictional, at that!) in love who both have hypothetical penises that you are not currently able to see is enough to elicit revulsion. I wonder if there's a word for that.

Lesbians who have been so victimized and hurt by patriarchal society that they don't want anymore to read about males in their comics. Even if they are shown as good guys. Especially if they are shown as good guys.
As one of my friends once told me, men in fiction can be much more tolerable if they're evil assholes who are in the story only to be killed by the heroines.

Let me emphasize that point: this is an attitude towards men in fiction and has nothing to do with real world behaviors and real world people. One should be able to tell reality from fiction. Some writers in this forum have an inordinate amount of trouble with that.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I must have missed the scene where dicks were involved. To me it just looked like two people who love each other flirting and kissing.

One yuri guide from the olden time described the different types of yuri fans and mentioned that a large segment of the fandom doesn't want yurigirls to ever come closer than 10 m. to a penis—or an individual equipped with one.

I assume it's even less desirable if the individuals in question are sexually aroused.

But I guess for some people, the mere existence of two people (fictional, at that!) in love who both have hypothetical penises that you are not currently able to see is enough to elicit revulsion. I wonder if there's a word for that.

Lesbians who have been so victimized and hurt by patriarchal society that they don't want anymore to read about males in their comics. Even if they are shown as good guys. Especially if they are shown as good guys.
As one of my friends once told me, men in fiction can be much more tolerable if they're evil assholes who are in the story only to be killed by the heroines.

Let me emphasize that point: this is an attitude towards men in fiction and has nothing to do with real world behaviors and real world people. One should be able to tell reality from fiction. Some writers in this forum have an inordinate amount of trouble with that.

Expressing revulsion at a simple act of intimacy between two people in love because they happen to be men is exactly the same kind of abuse that lesbians routinely suffer at the hands of patriarchal society. I don't really care what someone's justification for their bigoted behavior is. If you treat people poorly because you've been traumatized, that makes me sympathize with you, but it doesn't make the behavior any more acceptable. Tons of homophobes and transphobes have rationalizations for why it's okay for them to hate people on the basis of their sexual preference or gender expression. I don't have patience for them, and I don't have patience for this. Expressing revulsion at two men kissing is, by definition homophobia. It doesn't matter if they're real. They don't have feelings that can be hurt by this, but other readers on this forum sure do. Your treatment of fictional characters in a public space reflects your respect for your fellow human beings in that space. People who identify with those characters get to feel like your disdain is directed at them, whether that's what you intended or not.

If you don't want to see a story that features male characters at all, good for you, you do your thing, the 404 men not found tag is right there specifically for you. But going on a public forum to express disgust about two gay men appearing in a comic that you know has featured those supporting characters for years ? That's shitty behavior. It makes people feel bad. And I'm not gonna let it go by without calling it out for what it is.

The point of the "LGBTQ+" community is to show solidarity and support for each other, not backbite and make vomit noises when we see each other.

last edited at Sep 9, 2023 9:47PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

Expressing revulsion at a simple act of intimacy between two people in love because they happen to be men is exactly the same kind of abuse that lesbians routinely suffer at the hands of patriarchal society. I don't really care what someone's justification for their bigoted behavior is. If you treat people poorly because you've been traumatized, that makes me sympathize with you, but it doesn't make the behavior any more acceptable.

Thx goodness she said this was about fiction not people! rotflmao

But at least you illustrated her point: some writers in this forum can't tell reality from fiction. Indeed they can't.

You should launch the PJLM, the Pixel Jumbles' Liberation Movement.

last edited at Sep 9, 2023 11:00PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

Thank you so much! Your post is exactly what we needed, all of us who have been discussing for two days if Kaoru and Hibiki went thru some kind of romance or not.

Sniffle I'm so moved that there are still people in the forum who want to talk about Virgins' Empire, instead of ranting endlessly about ethical wrongs and the civil rights of pixels.

You're going to laugh at me: I actually had myself the idea of searching for a tag about Hibiki and Kaoru... but I searched for Kaoru x Hibiki, not Hibiki x Kaoru. Doh. I guess I've internalized the Japanese way of tagging couples, active seductor always first and passive seduced second. No wonder I didn't find anything.

So their flirt spans four chapters? Good to know. Imma off to reread 'em and refresh my memories!

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

That is nothing more than a transparent excuse.

joined Jun 10, 2023

Thank you so much! Your post is exactly what we needed, all of us who have been discussing for two days if Kaoru and Hibiki went thru some kind of romance or not.

Sniffle I'm so moved that there are still people in the forum who want to talk about Virgins' Empire, instead of ranting endlessly about ethical wrongs and the civil rights of pixels.

You're going to laugh at me: I actually had myself the idea of searching for a tag about Hibiki and Kaoru... but I searched for Kaoru x Hibiki, not Hibiki x Kaoru. Doh. I guess I've internalized the Japanese way of tagging couples, active seductor always first and passive seduced second. No wonder I didn't find anything.

So their flirt spans four chapters? Good to know. Imma off to reread 'em and refresh my memories!

Reading them one after another is like reading a short yuri oneshot! It starts when Kaoru honeytraps Hibiki when she's at her lowest, shows how they start going out, their festival date, the problem with Shizuka, Hibiki finding about Kaoru's unfaithfulness and Midori's spectacular rescue of Hibiki (purely by accident teehee) from Kaoru's clutches! No wonder we all thought Midori x Hibiki was official after this!

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Expressing revulsion at a simple act of intimacy between two people in love because they happen to be men is exactly the same kind of abuse that lesbians routinely suffer at the hands of patriarchal society. I don't really care what someone's justification for their bigoted behavior is. If you treat people poorly because you've been traumatized, that makes me sympathize with you, but it doesn't make the behavior any more acceptable.

But at least you illustrated her point: some writers in this forum can't tell reality from fiction. Indeed they can't.

You should launch the PJLM, the Pixel Jumbles' Liberation Movement.

Tell us how you really feel dude.

joined Jul 6, 2012

Came here to comment on the manga, but instead I read some idiots talking bullshit... hope the dumb people go away until next chapter so we can talk about the manga like civilized humans should.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Reading them one after another is like reading a short yuri oneshot! It starts when Kaoru honeytraps Hibiki when she's at her lowest, shows how they start going out, their festival date, the problem with Shizuka, Hibiki finding about Kaoru's unfaithfulness and Midori's spectacular rescue of Hibiki (purely by accident teehee) from Kaoru's clutches! No wonder we all thought Midori x Hibiki was official after this!

Looking back, Hibiki is the second biggest flirt in the manga (after vamp Kaoru). So far she's had episodes with Kaoru, Kanae, Midori and Nao, to say nothing of a boy or two. And we still don't know where's her endgame!

joined Apr 10, 2023

Dynasty very specifically defines Yuri in a manner that defies those people, whomstever they may be. Dicks can be so close as to be attached to the "yurigirls" themselves and it still counts round these parts. Rather than coming to the comments and crying "waiter, there's a dick in my soup!" (seriously, how are they still reading this comic specifically to see that kiss a billion chapters in after all the yaoi??), they should browse for the comics that are specifically labeled as being suitable for their concerns with the "404: Men Not Found" tag and blacklist tags like "yaoi".

last edited at Sep 10, 2023 9:01AM

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

This is a first.
I posted a oneliner and for 3 entire pages peepz have done nothing but talk about my post weeeeeee
I'm so proud of myself rn. :^)

To reply you must either login or sign up.