Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Absolutely hilarious, I don't even know what to say, is constantly antagonizing your crush and friends how kids flirt nowdays, is she not gonna apologize for all the times she acted like an asshole. Am I missing something? Did I just miss the chapters where shiho has actual development.

Petulant brat gets what she wants without actually doing any emotional or interpersonal work to get it.

And the crowd of fans goes wild.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Oh god, is this arc finally over? We're FREEEE!

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Ah, i get it
She fixed her so she can had her happy ending

Fb_img_1662167993947
joined Sep 23, 2020

Wha? So cute! I'm giggling and amuse myself from reading the latest chapter

Like shiho once said: the heck is that!

last edited at Aug 20, 2023 11:18AM

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

most of the effort went into fleshing out a character that came along halfway through the story.

Shiho was planned from the beginning, as she appeared as soon as the Volume 2 Extras. But I do agree that it was a mistake to make this Arc so long, even if she is my favorite character and I hope we'll continue to see her as much as possible.

Don't be unfair, Himari and Yori's arc continued to develop.

Absolutely. I made the same argument multiple times when people here acted like those two hadn't had any screen time for the past 25 chapters. But at the same time I think it's undeniably true that this Arc will be remembered as Shiho's, since the focus was always on her, even when she wasn't around.

I don't know if i'm totally agree with this. Even when it feels like the figure of Shiho gets very bright (not so in a positive way) and eclipse the other ones, to me this is the Aki's arc. She's the character that we know and she's the one who get development from the girl who secretly cries for an unrequited love, to make of with her past, close old wounds, leave behind her unrequited love and find a new love to move forward. Shiho's just a trigger to Aki's development, maybe it's the artist's mistake to choose a character as flashy as her. Aki's the one who's gonna be different after this arc, as long as the artist is consistent with the actions of his characters, obviously.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Absolutely. I made the same argument multiple times when people here acted like those two hadn't had any screen time for the past 25 chapters. But at the same time I think it's undeniably true that this Arc will be remembered as Shiho's, since the focus was always on her, even when she wasn't around.

I don't know if i'm totally agree with this. Even when it feels like the figure of Shiho gets very bright (not so in a positive way) and eclipse the other ones, to me this is the Aki's arc. She's the character that we know and she's the one who get development from the girl who secretly cries for an unrequited love, to make of with her past, close old wounds, leave behind her unrequited love and find a new love to move forward. Shiho's just a trigger to Aki's development, maybe it's the artist's mistake to choose a character as flashy as her. Aki's the one who's gonna be different after this arc, as long as the artist is consistent with the actions of his characters, obviously.

I'd say it's for both of them. It's about their relationship, after all. We also spent a lot of time from both of their perspectives. They both had their moments but Aki was more active, while Shiho was often reactive.

last edited at Aug 20, 2023 7:09PM

joined Feb 11, 2022

Love her or hate her, I think we can at least agree that Shiho brought interesting discussions/debates of various topics to the forum. I definitely prefer that over the "Very cute chapter, thank you for the translation" kind of comments we might get from now on.

I agree to a certain extent, but saying that she was "just a trigger to Aki's development" is wild. All the description you did about Aki can also be done with Shiho.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

We have the hint of Himari's friend and her potential relationship coming up. They could be the next couple whose story we follow for a bit

I'm unironically in it to get the rug pulled out from under me again and get 40 chapters this time of a different couple

last edited at Aug 22, 2023 12:51PM

joined Mar 11, 2020

So, I'm at chapter 27, and I'm having a REAL hard time liking Shiho. she's spoiled, selfish. arrogant, and generally all the things I dislike in a person. If the author is trying to make her into an irredeemable character, he's pretty much succeeded in my eyes.

which really sucks, because i absolutely adore her design. she gives me some major Setsuna Yuuki vibes, visually

joined Mar 11, 2020

Ch 34. Oi, stop trying to make Shiho likeable. it's not gonna happen

joined Jan 21, 2020

It actually still blows my mind that the author didnt even make shiho apologise.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

It actually still blows my mind that the author didnt even make shiho apologise.

What's even worse is that there are people who belive that she has nothing to apologize for...

joined Sep 23, 2022

New chapter whennnnnnnnnnnn

joined Sep 23, 2022

I miss Aki and shiho :(

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

New chapter whennnnnnnnnnnn

No chapter in this month's YuriHime issue. Should be one next month.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Reading the newest chapter and I’m excited to see the Shiho haters. I love this dumbass and based on the JP audience’s feelings about her, I don’t she’s going away or fading to the background until this series ends lol.

joined Feb 11, 2022

Shiho and Yori will finally be able to talk and clear up all the misunderstandings. I was really looking forward to this moment, and honestly, I would have preferred it without Hime present, but I guess it would have been impossible, given their personalities. Shiho will surely apologize (well, in her own way), so that people will stop complaining about that.

PS: Shiho haters in shambles right now. She's not going anywhere.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Even if she would've did dogeza and apologized from the depth of her heart, it would still be not enough for me. She would need to completely disappear from the story and give back all the chapters that author wasted on her and that stupid drama arc...

last edited at Oct 21, 2023 7:12AM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Fun chapter. Himari has clearly found something that makes her feel useful, in Lorelei, and it really shouldn't be an issue for her to have her own hobbies, work or even separate friend group. Everyone has been busy recently, so 1-on-1 time has been limited but that's life. That happens and is normal. Relationships are not about being literally tied to each others hips everyday. Honestly, Shiho has become a close friend for Himari, which is nice.

As for this talk, they just need to settle the last remaining issues, and it's not as though Shiho likes Himari romantically. The bonfire should have made that clear to everyone (and seems it did). Shiho is taken (even if the two need more time to come to terms with their new feelings). So Yori's worry and jealousy should subside after a good but eventful chitchat. They'll also presumably have more free time now to hang out again, so that should be taken care of. I wonder if Himari sees this as a potential avenue for her future.

last edited at Oct 21, 2023 7:37AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Shiho's really adorable today. ^_^

And Himari is doing an absolutely excellent job as a manager, far better than you'd have expected from her after the initial request when she had no idea what that even meant.

Now I wonder what her plan is, though. Considering everything we've seen, I can only imagine she wants to add Yori to Laureley as well, but I guess we'll find out next time...

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Ah yes, the start of a new arc! Shiho hopefully getting a girlfriend arc! LOL

Fun chapter though, kinda excited to see the new dynamics with the characters now that they're not hostile to each other (technically it was only Shiho but hey, it's over now, right???? But I still love tsundere Shiho regardless lol)

last edited at Oct 21, 2023 8:31AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

PS: Shiho haters in shambles right now. She's not going anywhere.

It’s a particularly puerile piece of contemporary jargon that people who criticize something one approves of as being “haters,” thereby positioning oneself on the side of ‘love” and “acceptance,” although such a flattering self-conception is rather undercut by gloating at an entirely imaginary projection of haters in “shambles.”

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I just want that next volume is the last so we don't end pushing that story too far that it's needed.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm glad with things turned out and how they're all working things out right now IN PEACE... so long as we don't get something absolutely shitty like "my mom or my ex "friend" came back from overseas and she comes to force herself in the middle or take me away! btw I can't refuse because reasons!" then all good.

last edited at Oct 21, 2023 10:04AM

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

It’s a particularly puerile piece of contemporary jargon that people who criticize something one approves of as being “haters"

Have you read (or written) the comments from before ? People who hate a character or the story she's in are haters... At least according to a simplistic view of vocabulary, I guess. And that's very obviously something that happened.

That's some serious blush. Cute. I think Shiho won't have any problem understanding "why she did such a thing".

Interesting that things seem to be pointing towards an arc considering Hima's role as Laureley's manager. It seems to be by far the best solution, but Yori's conflicted feelings will certainly make that difficult. I just hope this won't reflect negatively on her, drama narrative stemming from jealousy can be quite tricky to handle in a satisfying way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.