Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

.....Can’t believe she just didn’t turn into the perfect girlfriend overnight

Calm down, nobody said that your remarks about their age and inexperience are out of place.
It's their first relationship and they all are making mistakes, it's understandable.

There’s a tendency among commenters to regard mistakes and misbehavior due to age and naïveté as not counting as mistakes and misbehavior.

There is a person who knows from personal experience that the age of 25 is the turning point when someone takes complete responsibilities for their actions and behavior.
Everything before that counts as immaturity and is easily forgivable or not so harshly (or fully) judged.

That’s hilarious. 25, huh?—no more, no less. Be sure to notify the professional psychological societies of your astounding research discovery.

joined Feb 24, 2023

All of Nanase’s fumbles could’ve easily be solved is Yuni just freakin TALKED to her and not bottle everything up and let herself fester and get easily enabled by Yuuko.

I understand the argument for communication and I know many who just like you think that talking to your partner and telling them your needs is the panacea for everything.

But I hope you understand that having to constantly beg for sex to a partner who is cold like a block of ice and has absolutely no desire for your body can become very humiliating—and will in time turn your feelings sour.

Again I’m not sure if I missed this or what but I just cannot recall anytime Yuni outright asked Nanase for sexy times and most of her requests were just standard intimacy like holding hands/hugging etc, stuff normal couples do public that they’re forced to conceal which is the point of frustration. Sexual advances are something totally different and (usually) done in private, so I don’t think Nanase would have a problem with it, there was never a moment where Nanase is some sex repulsed prude who turns down Yuni repeatedly, the question isn’t even brought up in the first place, does Nanase even know sex is on the table here? Have they done this before previously?

last edited at Aug 23, 2023 8:59PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

There is also one detail from the beginning, when Yuni chan slapped Fuuko, and Fuuko says:

"Compared to the kiss we had, or to the kiss THEY had, I definitely felt more honesty and passion from Yuni-chan's slap"

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_girlfriends_not_here_today_ch06#30

Fuuko saw their kiss and took the pic. She noticed a lack of passion between Nanase and Yuni. It gave her the additional reason to act and start to conquer Yuni.

There is also a situation when Yuni had sex with Fuuko, and she is rubbing and touching her and she compares how she felt Nanase and Fuuko separately.
Nanase was toned, and Fuuko soft (to touch, but there is a possibility that it was about their characters too, one rigid and closed, one soft and open)

Yeah, Nanase is very stiff and strict, not so generous to touch Yuni.
And Fuuko is very open to touch her.

Reading again all these old chapters, the problem with Nanase is transparently obvious, isn't it?

The teen years are a time of lust and passion. Fuuko acts like a typical teenager in love: she wants to touch her loved one and do sexual things. Nanase? The only thing she wants to touch are volleyballs. Where's her libido?

And...we should not forget that Fuuko did not answer Yuni why she loves her, they were interrupted by forceful entrance of Nanase.
She literally entered, grabbed Yuni like her possession (and Yuni liked it!) and took her away from Fuuko.

I wanted to hear the answer so badly... but I guess the writer wants to keep us in suspense lol. It most certainly is an important plot point.

There are situations left open, there was no real closure between Yuni and Fuuko.

This is probably what bothered me the most in this chapter. Yuni acted as if Fuuko wasn't there. Even if she decided to follow Nanase, she shouldn't have ignored her like that. It really made me mad. >:L But the writer herself admitted that Yuni was "everything annoying in a woman" rolled together, so this kind of attitude comes as no surprise.

And there is real question how the sex between Yuni and Nanase will happen and what it will look like?
Is Nanase capable to give Yuni the passion she needs?
Can it change "overnight" from complete disinterest by Nanase into mindblowing sexual passion between them?

If I'm reading the story right, Nanase hasn't even gotten the point yet lol. Right now she's thinking everything will be fixed with more attention, dates, gifts and compliments. She still doesn't understand Yuni's frustration at all.

It would be great from author to show us more "skin to skin" events between Yuni and Nanase, that we can complete the pic.
There were only vague flashbacks of sexual exchanges between Nanase and Yuni and not so passionate kiss exchanges. Really not much physical contacts between them.

Nanase never initiates anything (she doesn't seem to have a sex drive even though she's at the age of adolescence) and Yuni is the poster girl of passive-reactiveness (a total bottom sub who wants to be sexxed up all the time but doesn't say it because it's embarrassing). They are a very incompatible pairing.

Did Nanase really had a GF all that time or just called Yuni her girlfriend and was satisfied with it?

The latter. Nanase is like a character from a yuri manga from forty or fifty years ago: she thinks it's all about platonic feelings, looking into each other's eyes and sighing.

When she "claimed" Yuni in this chapter, Nanase acted so dominant and overpowering (I'm tempted to say manly lol) you'd think she finally woke up and saw the light. Yuni certainly seems to believe it. Me, I have my doubts. If Yuni expects Nanase to bang her on a regular basis from now on, I suspect Yuni is going to be very disappointed.

joined Dec 13, 2020

What a shitty development.
I kind of liked Yuni even when everyone hated her (I could relate to her confusions and insecurities) but this time she's hit the bottom of the barrel.

joined Jun 27, 2022

I love how this series subverts, indeed denies and makes a mockery of, the inevitable Dynasty commenters’ attempt to sort characters into “the worst one” (who is the cause of all the problems) and “the best one” (who has done nothing wrong and suffers unjustly).

Insert 3 x Spider-Mans pointing at each other meme here.

EDIT: lol Not that that ever stopped anybody (see below).

This series does not deny nor mock anyone discussing the moral standing of it's characters. The only thing trying making a mockery of people discussing something they are passionate about are comments like yours and and mostly anyone here arguing. And did you really think that your remark would stop anyone talking about the moral standing of our beloved sumbags?

This series is all about 2 people acting at their worst while Nanase isn't perfect either but saying she's on level of Yuni or Fuuko is hilarious. So ofcourse people would have a discourse about whose the worst one. Yunis is, even Sensei mentioned it :').

And that some commenters (not you) excuse a 17-18 years old actions by suggesting she has the cognitive ability of a toddler who doesn't know how to act like a decent human being is the funniest thing I have read here so far.

I think the fact that people are so vigorously discussing a dumb fictional story like this shows how good it actually is. Thanks to the beautiful art and spicy content mind you.

Everyone is free to interpret and enjoy this however they want like how we are all free to comment on it. And if anyone is bothered by it, I don't think a forum is the right place for you then.

last edited at Aug 24, 2023 3:02AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I love how this series subverts, indeed denies and makes a mockery of, the inevitable Dynasty commenters’ attempt to sort characters into “the worst one” (who is the cause of all the problems) and “the best one” (who has done nothing wrong and suffers unjustly).

Insert 3 x Spider-Mans pointing at each other meme here.

EDIT: lol Not that that ever stopped anybody (see below).

This series does not deny nor mock anyone discussing the moral standing of it's characters. The only thing trying making a mockery of people discussing something they are passionate about are comments like yours and and mostly anyone here arguing. And did you really think that your remark would stop anyone talking about the moral standing of our beloved sumbags?

This series is all about 2 people acting at their worst while Nanase isn't perfect either but saying she's on level of Yuni or Fuuko is hilarious. So ofcourse people would have a discourse about whose the worst one. Yunis is, even Sensei mentioned it :').

The fact that you think anything you say here refutes what I said rather than embodies it is what’s hilarious.

Everyone is free to interpret and enjoy this however they want like how we are all free to comment on it. And if anyone is bothered by it, I don't think a forum is the right place for you then.

But if someone is amused by narcissistic moralizing, this is exactly the right place to be.

joined Feb 24, 2023

But if someone is amused by narcissistic moralizing, this is exactly the right place to be.

Very strange, how do you expect/want us to engage with this content? The dubious, extremely morally grey behavior of these characters is a big aspect of this story and therefore so is discussing it and trying to make sense of it

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Very strange, how do you expect/want us to engage with this content? The dubious, extremely morally grey behavior of these characters is a big aspect of this story and therefore so is discussing it and trying to make sense of it.

I personally don’t think “everyone behaving badly” counts as “morally grey,” but you have your fun, by all means.

EDIT: Put another way, as my original post said, I don’t think that ranking these characters on a scale of morality from “best” to “worst” contributes very much to “making sense of this story.”

last edited at Aug 24, 2023 8:07AM

joined Apr 2, 2023

Yuni is so fickle wtf. Right now I don't know if I want her to end up with Fuuko or not. She will probably come to realize how great Fuuko is while she is with Nanase.

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

I think Fuuko is a hero because she's hot and manipulating people is badass. She's the Odysseus of this story.

Yuni's actions make perfect sense here and she's 100% making the right play. She wants to have her cake and eat it too, so why wouldn't she rush into Nanase's arms? It's not like Fuuko will give up on her. Yuni wants to have BOTH Nanase and Fuuko obsessed with her, and this is a step in the right direction.

Nanase is the only one acting irrationally here. She should dump the cheating bitch and get with her volleyball friend. She's blaming herself because she didn't pay Yuni enough attention, but that's stupid. God damn, have some self-respect.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Why is everyone in this damn forum assuming every teenager is some sort of brainless horndog? I started reading 18+ yuri when I was 11, but I didn't develop a sex drive until I was like 20. That's right. My entire puberty was bereft of horny. It's not that abnormal to have a low sex drive even if you're legitimately in love with someone, and for ace people it is indeed a task that requires effort to have sex at all generally.

This is, again, a problem of compatibility, and it's kind of amusing seeing these dumb kids in the manga completely miss this concept over and over.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

^^ Not only kids that miss this concept

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

I think Fuuko is a hero because she's hot and manipulating people is badass. She's the Odysseus of this story.

Yuni's actions make perfect sense here and she's 100% making the right play. She wants to have her cake and eat it too, so why wouldn't she rush into Nanase's arms? It's not like Fuuko will give up on her. Yuni wants to have BOTH Nanase and Fuuko obsessed with her, and this is a step in the right direction.

Nanase is the only one acting irrationally here. She should dump the cheating bitch and get with her volleyball friend. She's blaming herself because she didn't pay Yuni enough attention, but that's stupid. God damn, have some self-respect.

THE ODYSSEUS OF THE STORY

I LOVE THAT ANALYSIS

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

I can't believe there are people in a yuri forum who preach teen chastity.

I get enough of that sicko shit from Christian conservatives in everyday life; I don't come here to read that girls with an active sex life are brainless.

Why is everyone in this damn forum assuming every teenager is some sort of brainless horndog? snip rant

Wow, you poor victim. You sound like the guys who claim White Anglo-Saxon Protestants are the real racial victims because they're always discriminated against by the overprivileged darker-skinned minorities.

last edited at Aug 26, 2023 2:07PM

joined Jun 27, 2022

I get enough of that sicko shit from Christian conservatives in everyday life; I don't come here to read that girls with an active sex life are brainless.

I don't think anyone is preaching, nor saying that, it's more about having some restrained.You don't sleep around when you are in a relationship just because you can't keep your hormones in check, Yuni is not a god damn animal.

Having next to no inhibition even at that age are signs of psychological problems or extreme lack of maturity.

It's completely fine to be promiscuous if that floats your boat but doing that while in a relationship is just scummy. I think the problem is this whole thing speaks to edgy young people while older folks like me who have been there, done that know it's unhealthy and that sparks all kinds of discussion.

joined Feb 24, 2023

Why is everyone in this damn forum assuming every teenager is some sort of brainless horndog? snip rant

Wow, you poor victim. You sound like the guys who claim White Anglo-Saxon Protestants are the real racial victims because they're always discriminated against by the overprivileged darker-skinned minorities.

Holy Christ on a cracker you actually have very serious issues you need to work out yourself instead of venting on a Yuri comment section. The mere suggestion that sex isn’t everything in a relationship and Nanase not being a terrible significant other just because she doesn’t raw dog Yuni every day is not a radical opinion

last edited at Aug 26, 2023 6:11PM

Slime
joined Feb 22, 2023

Holy Christ on a cracker you actually have very serious issues you need to work out yourself instead of venting on a Yuri comment section.

"And now I'm going to throw some PERSONAL ATTACKS and INSULTS! That's gonna make me win the discussion for sure!"

joined Feb 24, 2023

Holy Christ on a cracker you actually have very serious issues you need to work out yourself instead of venting on a Yuri comment section.

"And now I'm going to throw some PERSONAL ATTACKS and INSULTS! That's gonna make me win the discussion for sure!"

Something the OP clearly did not do? You are very clearly not obviously biased toward a side in this argument

last edited at Aug 27, 2023 1:00AM

joined Dec 13, 2020

Something the OP clearly did not do? You are very clearly not obviously biased toward a side in this argument

Them personal attacks again...

The OP pointed that the fallacy of chastity discrimination is exactly the same as the fallacy of reverse racism. This a valid logical argument.

You accused your contradictors of being biased and having mental issues. Those are ad hominem arguments, personal attacks, and the fact that you can't tell the difference makes me suspect you don't understand logical thinking at all.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ “Fuuko is not pure”—ah, right. Got it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ “Fuuko is not pure”—ah, right. Got it.

Nobody says Fuuko is not pure, it's your free misinterpretation.
Her wish to be with Yuni is from pure love for Yuni, but she is making wrong moves to get her (and we all saw how unsuccessful it was, it does not matter how breathtaking her caterpillar fungi manipulation was)
Nobody can be "forced" or manipulated to love someone if they really don't feel love for them, there's no money or any kind of bribe to pull it off.

What are your reasons to misinterpret such an obvious statement?

It should have been obvious to anyone that I was making a joke about someone coming along with some sort of wellness-living lecture, prattling about “a good foundation for a healthy relationship” to these particular characters.

I take it as a given that someone who finger-fucks someone else’s girlfriend in a high-school locker room won’t score very high on the “purity” spectrum.

last edited at Aug 27, 2023 11:06AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And, your mockery about "those" characters having an healthy relationship (eventually after learning their life-lessons), why not?
What is there about to mock? Do you mean all girls that age, who are similar with characters in this manga, are doomed to fail and never get their happiness with someone?

You can be assured that, unless otherwise specified, I will never be referring to “all girls” when I am discussing fictional characters.

I think that there is a great deal of useless and irrelevant moralizing discourse in Dynasty forums which ignores the specific context within stories as well as the context of authorial creation in order to generalize about real-life behavior or to speculate about characters as if they were real-life human beings.

Again, I take it as a given that all three of the major characters here are making seriously bad choices in their relationships that add up to an example of the “emotional trainwreck” sub-genre of the yuri romance genre.

The notion of a “healthy relationship” (as opposed to what they’re doing now) is far in the distance in this particular story, and the concept of “purity” seems especially beside the point when applied to these characters.

Whether any of the characters will ever learn positive “life-lessons” from the events represented in this story is an open question at this point, the answer to which (if one is ever given) lies with the author’s decisions as to what will happen to the character-constructs they have created rather than being a function of the imaginary psychologies of those characters.

last edited at Aug 27, 2023 12:41PM

Yuri_book_club
joined May 11, 2023

I'm still baffled over the fact that a mentally ill character in a manga about cheating becomes some sort of hero to people. But sure she makes the series fun, and it is fun to complain about her and the other characters.

Also, I don't get why people think Fuuko actually loves Yuni. Even in chapter 19 she was saying cheat on her with me, not be with me. I always got the impression that she wanted to break up the relationship and be picked, but not necessarily be in a long term relationship with Yuni. I mean who would.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thanks for the explanations. It's all clear now.

And apologies for my misunderstanding—I see that I was reading too quickly, and no doubt was “snark-triggered” by seeing the word “pure” applied to the wonderfully sleazy Fuuko.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I have nothing to say except "bruh"

To reply you must either login or sign up.