Forum › I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! discussion

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Now to find out whether he respects her because she came to church all the time, or if he's shitting his pants because he doesn't know if the other two are also assassins.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

If you are reading/watching something from Japan, the church is the bad guy. It's a very safe bet

There's one particular fantasy light novel with a Catholic-esque church that's lead by a lesbian communist vampire. I need more of that in my life.

Slime?

If you are reading/watching something from Japan, the church is the bad guy. It's a very safe bet

There's one particular fantasy light novel with a Catholic-esque church that's lead by a lesbian communist vampire. I need more of that in my life.

Someone please title drop!!

Also holy shit, it's happening, IT'S HAPPENING

joined Apr 14, 2022

Our perfect assassin might be getting a little bit sloppy, letting herself be so easily identified like that.

Slime?

Slime.

I'm referencing Tensura ("That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime"), but unfortunately I can't recommend reading it on that basis. The gay vampire goddess is pretty far into the story, not the main focus at all, and barely gets screen time (...page time?). Which is lamentable. How do you come up with that concept and not write your entire novel series about it?!

joined Mar 15, 2015

Our perfect assassin might be getting a little bit sloppy, letting herself be so easily identified like that.

Slime?

Slime.

I'm referencing Tensura ("That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime"), but unfortunately I can't recommend reading it on that basis. The gay vampire goddess is pretty far into the story, not the main focus at all, and barely gets screen time (...page time?). Which is lamentable. How do you come up with that concept and not write your entire novel series about it?!

I've vaguely heard of Slime, but not that part about the church, so it surprised me that it was a small part of a well-known series, rather than a central part of an obscure one.

At this point, I'm wondering whether Gina will eventually learn that the archbishop considers her expendable (he told her about the bug but not the bomb) and if so, how she'll react. It could potentially lead to her abandoning the church, but if so, what she'll do after that is anyone's guess.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Now to find out whether he respects her because she came to church all the time, or if he's shitting his pants because he doesn't know if the other two are also assassins.

This woman has been confessing all of her numerous murders to him for possibly years, and he just found out that she’s dating his daughter. It’d be weirder if he wasn’t terrified for awhile. I doubt the idea that the other two are agents will even cross his mind until he’s come to grips with this new information.

At this point, I'm wondering whether Gina will eventually learn that the archbishop considers her expendable (he told her about the bug but not the bomb) and if so, how she'll react. It could potentially lead to her abandoning the church, but if so, what she'll do after that is anyone's guess.

I’m guessing that revelation will drop at some point when the Archbishop tries to detonate the bug. They’ll likely be safe, but it might alert Gina to the fact that Father Firebomb was perfectly willing to blow her and everyone else in the vicinity to smithereens.

joined May 10, 2021

Ooohhh finally shit's about to go down.
Even is the dad realised how honest her feelings are for the daughter, it's gonna be rough for him to trust her now that he knows.
And I wonder how this will play out in the rosary and bomb-bug plot.
Thanks for the chapter!

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Oh.

That sound, just now.

I think that was the other shoe finally dropping.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Oh, wow, somebody actually correctly deducing something instead of some weird misunderstanding ;)

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

This is definitely one of my favourite mangas, so many stories start of with an interesting premise and run it to the ground, Tonoki Sun took a rather cliche concept and gave it wings. I can't wait to see priest-dad realize that Gina is also from the church.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Perfect. Taken out of context, that last page is really dramatic, but I can only see it as a joke.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Being Father Shirafune is suffering. :-(

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The artist is pretty good at visualizing dread

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And finally he figures it out.

All in all an absolutely hilarious chapter, though. :D

Father Firebomb

That is such a brilliant name for him... :D

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

OH. UH OH. OH NO.

shit's going down now

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I legit don't remember if Rose is even supposed to know about the trinket or not

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I legit don't remember if Rose is even supposed to know about the trinket or not

iirc she doesn't. he's just on her list of kill targets she was supposed to buy her freedom with

Oh, I am THRILLED

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

oh damn. I also love that he deduced correctly that Rose is the safe one

Violetpfp
joined Aug 12, 2021

shits bouta go down

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Considering their interactions so far that was the easiest part :P But figuring out the rest was impressive, and even that keychain fakeout.

Now I wonder how that explosive will come into play. I low-key expect Gina not taking too well to being sacrificed like that, although they will have to survive this first of course :P

joined Jan 3, 2020

Holy shit, that all developed so fast.

Yeah, it shows in the 11th page of 34 in the background that he remembers that Rose confessed there was a person she loved and wanted to protect, and she had no reason to lie at that time since she'd just confessed to two murders.

I really like how he tips Rose off by restating something from the booth as well.

last edited at Jul 31, 2023 6:17AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

IT'S HAPPENING

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Just detonate the explosive so all of them can be on the same side already.

joined Mar 26, 2021

I can only imagine what's going on in Benika's head...
Like, she already suspected Rose to be a hitman, but the other two? Also, her father, a priest, just tried to kill someone and looks like he's part of this whole conflict... She might even end up homeless (or living with Rose I guess) if the explosive goes off.
Life really can change so fast.

To reply you must either login or sign up.