Forum › My Maid is Cute discussion

joined Mar 18, 2023

end note. a loli is a young girl, and a middle school female is of course a young girl, and the fact that the story highlights her youth makes it obvious who the story is targeting, why pretend otherwise? unless.... oh, okay, i see..... more deflection.

Don't be silly. There have been masses of arguments about just what a "loli" is among people who pay no attention whatsoever to issues of morality and so have no need for deflection. The subject is complicated by the fact that many characters generally described as "loli" are adults, or even hundreds of years old--having the body type associated with "loli" is clearly sufficient for the designation even in the absence of actual youth.

a loli isnt something so abstract though, it simply means a young girl, that can be in appearance,in attitude, in age,etc... this isnt rocket science or anything, its a very straightforward fetish that many like to participate.

and, people having arguments about a simple topic with an obvious answer doesnt make the answer abstract, it instead attempts to complicate the topic and deflect away from the admittance of the plain truth.

last edited at Jul 12, 2023 8:21PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Do you argue just as strongly against other fictional representations of morally reprehensible acts?

joined Aug 29, 2019

My brain always shortcircuits slightly when I see maid but no Zanka.

Same.

Yep.

But it's a new series of shorts from Daphie, so I'm in.

Ren%e2%80%99py_logo_6-13-6_200x307px
joined Jan 21, 2023

Do you argue just as strongly against other fictional representations of morally reprehensible acts?

Yes he does. In fact he recently got a month-long ban for doing just that.

It doesn't look like he has learned his lesson.

joined Mar 18, 2023

yes, i always argue strongly against bullshit reasoning and cowardly excuses people use to shield fictional stories from criticism, is that not obvious?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Yes he does. In fact he recently got a month-long ban for doing just that.

It doesn't look like he has learned his lesson.

Ah, I actually remember seeing that. I'll not waste any further time then.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Hot oneesan x cute school girl is always welcome.

joined Jul 8, 2019

shield fictional stories from criticism

Let's keep this to the "criticism of the story", then. Defining child for "lolicon" tag purposes as "looking like a child" and/or "having a child's age". Notice the "and/or" part. Either one would be enough.
Does the young character here look like a child? Most certainly, not.
Has the young character here a child's age? Well, she is shown in a past flashback to have been a middle schooler, and she is told to still be - so the most reasonable guess would be "last year of middle school".

In the US, "middle school" is (if memory serves well) grades 6-8 (ages 11-13), which would put her firmly in loli territory. But the story is set in JAPAN. Whose Junior high school/Lower secondary school (中学校 chūgakkō) (the one often translated as "middle school" is ages 12-15 years (last year being 14-15).

So the younger character is most likely a 15-old teenager, ans this story is LITERALLY as deserving or undeserving of the "lolicon" tag as Evangelion. Please tag or not accordingly.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Aw. it's cute you think this is going to be a "balm on a reader's heart" instead of the inevitable flood of comments hating on a story with tags they clearly already hate, so why are they reading it, lol.

I'm just glad Daphie doesn't let the comments get to them, and keeps translating the works that they enjoy and want to share.

and saying this another way, I hope you know there are plenty of us in the community that appreciate your efforts Daphie!

Thank you for this! Yes, I always strive to not let others bring me down. I just love age gap stories, it's a big part of my enjoyment of manga, so I'm doing what I can so others who also appreciate that can enjoy good chapters!!!

And you're welcome ^_^

I also very much appreciate you and like these kinds of stories. Something can be wholesome in a story that would be inevitably not-so in real life. In a story, it's just fluffy and everything works out right, and no one has awful intentions (unless it's the opposite kind of story, of course).

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Nice try,but we know...

...exactly what...

...you want to do...

...to the mature looking(?)"loli" middle schooler personal maid.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Iori is the one with the meido fetish

joined May 3, 2014

well will you look at that! she is aware that she can’t really make an middel schooler work! but since the Main-san decided that is HER DUTY! no buts about this! the Maid Outfit Stays On!!!!

joined Aug 29, 2019

And now Maiko has started discovering her inner Zanka.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

end note. a loli is a young girl, and a middle school female is of course a young girl, and the fact that the story highlights her youth makes it obvious who the story is targeting, why pretend otherwise? unless.... oh, okay, i see..... more deflection.

Don't be silly. There have been masses of arguments about just what a "loli" is among people who pay no attention whatsoever to issues of morality and so have no need for deflection. The subject is complicated by the fact that many characters generally described as "loli" are adults, or even hundreds of years old--having the body type associated with "loli" is clearly sufficient for the designation even in the absence of actual youth.

a loli isnt something so abstract though, it simply means a young girl, that can be in appearance,in attitude, in age,etc... this isnt rocket science or anything, its a very straightforward fetish that many like to participate.

and, people having arguments about a simple topic with an obvious answer doesnt make the answer abstract, it instead attempts to complicate the topic and deflect away from the admittance of the plain truth.

If arguments over what a "loli" is happened in order to deflect away from moral issues surrounding it, then such arguments would only happen in the context of people pointing out the immorality of sexualizing lolis. But they happen in completely different contexts where nobody involved cares about that or is remotely defensive about it; I have seen such discussions several times. Devotees of anime culture thrive on that kind of argument. So you're simply wrong: Deflection is not the source of disagreements about the concept or complexity surrounding it.

Certainly, when people do denounce the immorality of manga, anime and whatnot involving lolis, people do try to deflect (or they just say "I don't give a shit"). But even in the absence of that, you're just wrong about the nature of the concept itself; it is not that simple, and it does not only take on complexity in the presence of critics. No doubt you wouldn't know because when you are involved in such conversations, such a critic is by definition present, i.e. you. But it is the case that when people like you are not around, "loli" is still not treated as a concept as straightforward or simple as you imagine.

Don't get me wrong--I think you would probably have the same criticisms on the subject if you knew what the fuck you were talking about. The added complexity is not such as to usually have an impact on your position. But that doesn't mean you know what the fuck you're talking about--you don't. And why would you? Why would you find out about the nuances of something you really want to cease existing? But if it was me, I wouldn't pretend I knew what I was talking about on subjects I make a point of not knowing about. So like, if you don't know what a loli is, maybe you should just stick to complaining about fiction that involves underage girls and leave terms you don't understand out of it.

last edited at Jul 13, 2023 11:12PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

So exploitive, making a middle school help with chores. Good thing people immediately went up in arms over it ...

joined Jul 8, 2023

What are you blind? It isn't like the lady is forcing the girl to be her maid. Chapter 3 show that she was against it, but dicied to let her do it anyways

joined Mar 18, 2023

If arguments over what a "loli" is happened in order to deflect away from moral issues surrounding it, then such arguments would only happen in the context of people pointing out the immorality of sexualizing lolis. But they happen in completely different contexts where nobody involved cares about that or is remotely defensive about it; I have seen such discussions several times. Devotees of anime culture thrive on that kind of argument. So you're simply wrong: Deflection is not the source of disagreements about the concept or complexity surrounding it.

Certainly, when people do denounce the immorality of manga, anime and whatnot involving lolis, people do try to deflect (or they just say "I don't give a shit"). But even in the absence of that, you're just wrong about the nature of the concept itself; it is not that simple, and it does not only take on complexity in the presence of critics. No doubt you wouldn't know because when you are involved in such conversations, such a critic is by definition present, i.e. you. But it is the case that when people like you are not around, "loli" is still not treated as a concept as straightforward or simple as you imagine.

Don't get me wrong--I think you would probably have the same criticisms on the subject if you knew what the fuck you were talking about. The added complexity is not such as to usually have an impact on your position. But that doesn't mean you know what the fuck you're talking about--you don't. And why would you? Why would you find out about the nuances of something you really want to cease existing? But if it was me, I wouldn't pretend I knew what I was talking about on subjects I make a point of not knowing about. So like, if you don't know what a loli is, maybe you should just stick to complaining about fiction that involves underage girls and leave terms you don't understand out of it.

sigh..... so if i got this correct, you believe that since some people online debate the definition of loli, that must mean its a complex topic that is too complicated to have a simple answer?

also, if possible, i would like for you to give me a brief summary of this so called nuance, ive only ever seen deflections like @erana has just presented, having ignored the "treated like a child" part of the story.

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

Chapter 3 already :O
Thanks for the quick translation of this series, this manga it's so freaking cute I love it.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Do we know the name of Maid-san? Someone said "Iori" in a message above, but I can't remember if it's been mentioned textually in the manga.

All this time I've been thinking of her as "Maid-san, granddaughter of Nanny-san" lol.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Do we know the name of Maid-san? Someone said "Iori" in a message above, but I can't remember if it's been mentioned textually in the manga.

All this time I've been thinking of her as "Maid-san, granddaughter of Nanny-san" lol.

In chapter 3, Maiko mentions her name!

Strangergirl Evergarden
Avatar%20coloring%2064444c9978b43
joined Jun 27, 2023

My soul has been healed by this wonderful balm. Thanks, Chisako and Princess Daphie!

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Fictional love has no age range. It is fiction.

last edited at Jul 14, 2023 8:50PM

3760869fd1de2175d623724e35849b95
joined Jun 23, 2023

i breathe for age gap yuri

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

sigh..... so if i got this correct, you believe that since some people online debate the definition of loli, that must mean its a complex topic that is too complicated to have a simple answer?

also, if possible, i would like for you to give me a brief summary of this so called nuance, ive only ever seen deflections like @erana has just presented, having ignored the "treated like a child" part of the story.

You're boring me and you don't argue in good faith, so no.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Well at least she is still going to school.

And she might be neuro-divergent.

last edited at Jul 15, 2023 2:53AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.