Forum › In the Gardens of Gehenna discussion

25807f2f-52d2-4bcf-84a8-46471290408c
joined May 3, 2022

Now somebody anybody everybody SCREAM!
There’s -trauma- squirrels in my pants!
That girls got some serious -trauma- in her pants.

For real tho, give these girls a hug and life sentence for Colin’s dad.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Now I'm worried Riko will tell everyone and separate these 2.

Kira-min
joined Jan 27, 2023

But wouldn't that literally be a good thing? One girl is being abused by her father and needs to be removed from that household.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I wish little kids weren't stupid. Then this would have been solved already lol

story is interesting to me because a happy ending seems unlikely given the tone of manga so far, but I also don't see how Collin's situation could possibly get any worse. So narratively, i can't look away, because I genuinely have no idea where this is headed.

Plus, it's already started with so much shock value that there really isn't anything else that could happen that would invoke that much emotion in me. I mean, you have a child, burying their dead baby, that they conceived by copulating with their biological father. Now where, in the ever loving fuck, do you go from there?

Seems clear to me that things aren't going to get worse for Colin, but for Mary. And that it won't be of the sort where Mary like suffers from Colin's dad though. Not sure what kind of suffering Mary's gonna be put through since there are like five different plausible routes at this point

last edited at Jul 13, 2023 12:09PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I wonder how Mary will now respond to this development?...

Albeit,now one wonders,was it a stillborn,abortion,or even murder?...

The answer is...butchery.

Stillborn or not,she was told to chop it up and flush it,which actually reminds me of the teen pregnancy story my morals' teacher told us,where the teen mother did exactly that after snuffing the baby.

And Mary took it as a delusion,trying to keep her grasp on her fragile mind that is far too young to be experiencing PTSD...and that lie was then disproven plus now part of a cornerstone of friendship,which is not helping her lack of sleep.

Judging by Colins' words,she's definitely just waiting for him to return,which is definitely unlikely,unless he somehow escapes,and she would turn on Mary with the very thing Mary doesn't want,the loss of that cornerstone.

She can't tell the adults,and voila,a non-adult shows up...but will Riko survive if Riko tells the adults herself?...

I can't wait to see how this 'Nam flashback pans out.

Kira-min
joined Jan 27, 2023

I wish little kids weren't stupid. Then this would have been solved already lol

story is interesting to me because a happy ending seems unlikely given the tone of manga so far, but I also don't see how Collin's situation could possibly get any worse. So narratively, i can't look away, because I genuinely have no idea where this is headed.

Plus, it's already started with so much shock value that there really isn't anything else that could happen that would invoke that much emotion in me. I mean, you have a child, burying their dead baby, that they conceived by copulating with their biological father. Now where, in the ever loving fuck, do you go from there?

Seems clear to me that things aren't going to get worse for Colin, but for Mary. And that it won't be of the sort where Mary like suffers from Colin's dad though. Not sure what kind of suffering Mary's gonna be put through since there are like five different plausible routes at this point

As ShadowEdge put it:

Colin truly believes that her dad loves her. And maybe he does, in his own sick and twisted way. We don't know. Maybe he believes that is the "right" way to love. And maybe now she too thinks that's the right way to love, she loves Mary the same way that daddy loves her.

And that's where I believe is the point the story is trying to get. It's not uncommon for abused children to become abusive adults. And where is the point where someone stops being a victim?

What if the direction the series goes in is Colin falling in love with Mary and then abusing her bc that was how her father showed his own affection towards her?

That would be absolutely fuuucked

joined May 29, 2021

That would be the best possible ending, so it won't happen. Look, Colin is a victim, yes, but she's also very clearly not well and likely not someone Mary can actually cope with.

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

I feel like it's not a baby but rather a miscarried foetus. No other reason she'd be calling it "it" (assuming that's an accurate translation) and the father was saying to cut it up and flush it down.

probably yeah, this guy wouldn't let a pregnancy go for long enough, but still it has both their DNA's so the proof is there

joined Jul 29, 2022

This is a very interesting story. Some were saying that the characters being children was unnecessary, but I believe that the plot only works because they are children. Because they are heavily influenced by their parents.

I think that the point is that both Mary and Colin are similar, yet different. Both have abusive parents. Mary's mother neglect her, and Colin's father sexually abuse her. And yet they think they are loved.

However, Mary is starting to realize that her mother don't really love her. Meanwhile, Colin truly believe that her dad loves her. And maybe he does, in his own sick and twisted way. We don't know. Maybe he believes that is the "right" way to love. And maybe now she too thinks that's the right way to love, she loves Mary the same way that daddy loves her.

And that's where I believe is the point the story is trying to get. It's not uncommon for abused children to become abusive adults. And where is the point where someone stops being a victim?

Now what I think is the plot twist: Dad is in jail or maybe already dead. And Colin is returning to an empty home, thinking that dad will come back. She was supposed to be in her grandma's care, but she ran away.

ok this is better than him being free I wish this is true

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

The truth is I'm not actually reading this, I'm keeping up by reading the comments lol.

joined Jan 11, 2014

What if the direction the series goes in is Colin falling in love with Mary and then abusing her bc that was how her father showed his own affection towards her?

That would be absolutely fuuucked

..........Fuck bro.....

25807f2f-52d2-4bcf-84a8-46471290408c
joined May 3, 2022

After hearing about that teen who dumped her baby like a piece of trash in the highschool bathroom, Collin is extremely responsible and kind for her age. And Mary’s old friend suddenly got so creepy knowing her exact orders at the bakery and her usual route to the forest. Maybe the baker lady is her family/relative, just sees her on her way sometimes?

A friendly reminder to wish hell on Collin’s dad

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

This is good, this is good horror. It's actually making me recoil, gag and want to claw my eyes out. It's horrific and in an unfortunately almost real way.

I am cold with fury. I want to drag the grown ups in this story responsible, into a room and go nuclear.

joined May 10, 2021

Man that was such a nice chapter, and it gets more messed-up with each new one. Love it!
Thanks for the translation!

joined Apr 16, 2022

That fucking jump scare Jesus Christ. The author is really not holding back at all.

That said...the scene with Riko does make me a bit curious. We hadn't seen anything from her before that suggested such extreme yandere behavior, or really anything close. If it actually happened as Mary saw, perhaps (if the theory that she's Colin's old friend is right) her experience with Colin made her hyper-protective and paranoid (albeit for good reason in this case).

But it's also possible that Mary's own deteriorating mental state made her perceive Riko's behavior as crazier than it actually was "in reality." And if so, it makes me wonder if we might have been dealing with an unreliable narrator from the beginning. After all, nobody else but Mary has interacted with or even heard of Colin so far...

Still really..."enjoying" is probably the wrong word, but I find this manga really compelling, and I think it's justified itself in having such dark themes. This chapter sort of feels like the halfway point, so I don't expect it to last for too much longer, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next.

last edited at Aug 6, 2023 6:43PM

joined Apr 29, 2019

Yeah, I also think Mary was being paranoid while Riko actually didn't do anything strange

joined Dec 18, 2020

This is so fucked up and I love it. Reminds me of Kitanai Kimi ga ichiban kawaii a bit.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Family-friendly fun with Freud

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

istg if they die "together forever" holding hands in the garden kitakawa style...

Do-it-yourself-serufu~2
joined Aug 1, 2022

This is so fucked up and I love it. Reminds me of Kitanai Kimi ga ichiban kawaii a bit.

BRO YOU'RE SO RIGHT, I got flashbacks when she said she didn't want to go to school anymore

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

I know this is horror but I wasn't expecting the jump scare. Nearly spat my soda.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Page 20 left me out of breath

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Riko turning creepy wasn't in my predictions. I really thought she'd be some kind of anchor of sanity in this. But I guess we don't need that. We're just diving down this rabbit hole full speed ahead.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

(higurashi opening starts blaring)

joined Nov 22, 2019

This might be one of the most disturbing/scary pieces of media I've ever consumed. I don't know why, like most people who grew up on the internet, I've seen my fare share of gory fucked up shit, but when she dug up that grave, man. It was like the wind got knocked out of me. My body got cold and I genuinely started shivering, like, this manga scares me, in a way I don't think I've felt before.

Not to mention the black haired girl staring up at her window, at sunset, while she's home alone? Touches that primal part of my brain

last edited at Aug 7, 2023 9:20AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.