Forum › The Model & The Plain Manager discussion

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

To be honest, that scene should just have ended with Yuria carrying Okabe to bedroom.

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

That was a speedrun- ah, it's the final chapter. Hope there's an epilogue. In chapter 6, it says there's something called "the pair afterwards"

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 4:46AM

Screenshot%202024-04-26%20233149
joined Jan 17, 2021

Wahh that's it? :(

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

According to mangadex, next chapter is supposed to be the last. I can't even speculate how the author will wrap up the story in a single chapter.

It says 23 on Mangadex, unless you count from 9 > 10 > 23. I don't think the next chapter will be the last.

Next is the last. It's free to read on pixiv if you can read Japanese. Where did you see 23?

Mangadex has a section in the manga description that lists the final chapter as 23.

I assumed it would be longer since the pixiv mentioned that there’s a volume 2.

So what exactly is the truth?

Screenshot%202023-08-18%20at%2014-36-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20virgins'%20empire%20ch136
joined Jun 13, 2023

if this really is the end, it will be the most disappointing yuri since "ah and hmm is all she says"

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

According to mangadex, next chapter is supposed to be the last. I can't even speculate how the author will wrap up the story in a single chapter.

It says 23 on Mangadex, unless you count from 9 > 10 > 23. I don't think the next chapter will be the last.

Next is the last. It's free to read on pixiv if you can read Japanese. Where did you see 23?

Mangadex has a section in the manga description that lists the final chapter as 23.

I'm not all that good with Japanese, but that last doodle marked as #23 on pixiv has a title that reads something along the lines of volume 2 release announcement. However, the body of the message says, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), that volume 2 was released on April 16th. Either that volume isn't on pixiv or the 11 chapters currently posted here belong to 2 separate volumes.

Edit: Also worth noting that the current cover here on dynasty belongs to said volume 2.

Oh, and one more thing, I just checked and that cover image is the first page of chapter 5 here, so I think it's safe to assume volume 2 starts at chapter 5.

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 7:29AM

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

That was fast.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I'm not all that good with Japanese, but that last doodle marked as #23 on pixiv has a title that reads something along the lines of volume 2 release announcement. However, the body of the message says, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), that volume 2 was released on April 16th. Either that volume isn't on pixiv or the 11 chapters currently posted here belong to 2 separate volumes.

Edit: Also worth noting that the current cover here on dynasty belongs to said volume 2.

Oh, and one more thing, I just checked and that cover image is the first page of chapter 5 here, so I think it's safe to assume volume 2 starts at chapter 5.

It starts at 6 but yeah to everything else. You can tell without seeing the chapter list, because volumes normally end with a .5 chapter or "extra pages" or notes/afterword from the author. We had 5.5 here that had all of those.

Definitely short but sweet.

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 7:39AM

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

It starts at 6 but yeah to everything else. You can tell without seeing the chapter list, because volumes normally end with a .5 chapter or "extra pages" or notes/afterword from the author. We had 5.5 here that had all of those.

Definitely short but sweet.

Fair enough, volume 2 cover on chapter 5 threw me off.

Edit: Wow never mind I'm blind, the cover is indeed on chapter 6 lmao

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 8:59AM

joined Jun 11, 2021

welp, alright then. i guess it got axed? that sucks i really liked this one

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Also just realized that you were probably looking at the older pixiv version of the manga that went to 23 (wasn't really a comic then though). Mangadex has both versions and maybe you got mixed up. That would explain it.

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 9:50AM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

That ending gave me whiplash

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 10:48AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Did it just end like that? What a ride, I liked it though!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

if this really is the end, it will be the most disappointing yuri since "ah and hmm is all she says"

Bullocks. There have been, are, and will be, far more disappointing ones.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Short but sweet. Do wish there was more but it was cute while it lasted

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So it ends the moment it starts taking off. Ah well...

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Man, I really wanted to see them dating at least.
The ending was cute and all but it still felt a little underwhelming...

I think it might've been better if the scandal story wasn't there and instead, there were a few chapters showing Yuria and Okabe dating. I didn't really think the scandal story was that interesting, and I feel like it didn't really progress their relationship.

It seems like it's common in romance manga/anime, not just Yuri ones, where the series ends right after the couple starts dating. I always feel that with series that end this way, it would've been better to see some intimacy like hand-holding, kissing, and going on a date, before the story ends.

That's why I really enjoyed reading Can't Defy the Lonely Girl by Kashikaze, as after the MCs, Sora and Ayaka end up together the manga showed them dating, and the series ended with them living together. I honestly wish that more romance stories ended this way...

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Salinthrous posted:

Looking at the table of contents for volume two, it shows that there's still an epilogue chapter left. Hopefully we'll get a bit more of a satisfying ending. Maybe.

I sure hope so...

joined May 3, 2014

Bullocks. There have been, are, and will be, far more disappointing ones.

oh for the love of yuri! YES!!! this is a bloody dissapointing ENDING as HELL!

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 3:11PM

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Huh. Why does the ending seem so abrupt? Did the author plan for more but the story got axed or is the pacing just really off?

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

The ending is abrupt. It doesn’t even address whether their like is really the same, since she says until their like is the same, let’s stay model and manager

joined Nov 21, 2022

Well, that was abrupt, but kind of sweet.

Manga must have gotten cancelled before author's plans.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Rushed endings kinda suck. Still... not bad

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

I want a sequel or epilogue following these two...qwq

104862384_163321402026623_940764867392595174_n
joined Jan 26, 2022

Ain't no way it ended like that, man....

To reply you must either login or sign up.