Forum › Otherside Picnic discussion

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

There are some moments that make me wonder if Kozakura x Sorawo is the author's guilty pleasure. This is one of those moments

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The reunion with Toriko is so sweet

Screenshot%202024-04-26%20233149
joined Jan 17, 2021

Few (maybe 2-3) more chapters and that yuri tag would finally makes sense. I've been waiting for this boii

joined Oct 15, 2019

The slow updates stopped a lot of the momentum this manga had imo which is unfortunate because it's still amazing. I'm anxiously waiting for the climax of this arc and the next few!

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Does anyone here know where I can read this "Farm in the mountains" story?

joined Jun 16, 2023

The original light novels had author's notes at the end of each book that would cite the original ghost stories being referenced and where they could be found. According to the one at the end of Volume 3, the title of the story in the original Japanese is "Yama no Bokujou" and it's apparently an unusually famous example that was collected in a book titled "Gendai Hyaku Monogatari Shinmimibukuro Daishiya" and I really wish the ebook version would let be copy text so that I didn't have to type all that out.

The light novels are really worth reading, and not just to get more details on the ghost stories. The first seven have been translated to English at this time.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

The original light novels had author's notes at the end of each book that would cite the original ghost stories being referenced and where they could be found. According to the one at the end of Volume 3, the title of the story in the original Japanese is "Yama no Bokujou" and it's apparently an unusually famous example that was collected in a book titled "Gendai Hyaku Monogatari Shinmimibukuro Daishiya" and I really wish the ebook version would let be copy text so that I didn't have to type all that out.

The light novels are really worth reading, and not just to get more details on the ghost stories. The first seven have been translated to English at this time.

Big thanks. Will try to buy the Eng version then....

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Fully agree with that.

I've got mine on Kobo Reader (they also do the manga but are way behind what is on here ... Still buy them though to support the author).

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

This arc is very intense. Sorawo's determination to deny Satsuki's presence is about to be put to the test.

joined Jan 17, 2021

OHHH my poor Sorawo

joined Nov 16, 2021

I can't wait for this to catch up with the novel

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I've been really enjoying this story. The novels are good too, but seeing it in drawings is somehow creepier?

joined Jan 17, 2021

I've been really enjoying this story. The novels are good too, but seeing it in drawings is somehow creepier?

I think it's well adapted. The difference between the manga and novels is that Sorawo looks braver in the manga. Kinda liked it.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Bluff called!

OH SHIT WAIT GO BACK

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

o lawd she comin'

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

now I haven't read the novels but I do wonder if we'll ever see how Satsuki sees all this herself, because like it's been made a point that Sorawo and Toriko's perspective on things change so drastically after treks to the otherside that like they've talked to each other in pure nonsense babbling that made sense to them because the way they have to look at things in the otherside is just so increasingly not-human.

Like Satsuki has to have gone through that but much much worse and I'd love to see a moment from her perspective one day where she's like "yes tearing out the eyeballs and skinning them alive the perfectly logical thing to do here"

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Damn, this chapter was especially gruesome, like viscerally. Despite all the horror shit we've seen already, somehow, gouging out someone's eyeballs with your thumbs still manages to up the ante even more. Shit's getting so real

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

It's been a while since I read the light novel but I knew what was coming but actually seeing it ...

last edited at Oct 17, 2023 4:50PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Who else winced at the thumb in the eye part?

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Me. Eye stuff is always a no no. This series is amazing fun. We're still so early though. I forgot the manga was basically at novel 3.

Yeah they're great.

last edited at Oct 17, 2023 5:50PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Sorawo pushing Toriko on the ground and away from Satsuki is a great moment.

For some reason Satsuki (or the entity in her shape) only chooses to physically attack Runa and her mother. Runa's mother openly antagonizes her, so while the response is grotesquely violent, it's at least a response. But why attack Runa, when she approached her similarly to Toriko? Is Satsuki passing judgment on her for brainwashing people, by destroying the instrument of her power, i.e. her mouth?

Not attacking Toriko might make sense if Satsuki recognized her as someone familiar. But that assumes that this Satsuki is actually acting with some kind of intent and purpose.

joined Jun 16, 2023

now I haven't read the novels but I do wonder if we'll ever see how Satsuki sees all this herself, because like it's been made a point that Sorawo and Toriko's perspective on things change so drastically after treks to the otherside that like they've talked to each other in pure nonsense babbling that made sense to them because the way they have to look at things in the otherside is just so increasingly not-human.

Like Satsuki has to have gone through that but much much worse and I'd love to see a moment from her perspective one day where she's like "yes tearing out the eyeballs and skinning them alive the perfectly logical thing to do here"

After this point, the characters are pretty well convinced that there's nothing human left of Satsuki, if what they're seeing is even any part of Satsuki at all and not just something that the Otherside created in her form. In Book 7 they hold a funeral for Satsuki to get closure and put the Satsuki "ghost" that's been stalking them to rest.

joined Jan 20, 2021

This chapter was crazy! Ty to the translator team

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Me. Eye stuff is always a no no. This series is amazing fun. We're still so early though. I forgot the manga was basically at novel 3.

Me too, eye related stuff in horror movie or manga always makes me feel sick

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I was wondering how this would be approached, because this manga isn't graphic. I think it had the perfect amount of cringe-worthy almost-gore.

To reply you must either login or sign up.