Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Glad the author went down this arc. Really using the "past" to develop (or explore the depths of) their relationship further and also expand on the plot. Can't wait to see what else they've got planned. Those lashes were terrible but I do wonder if that maid will begin to either resent her, be suspicious or blame her for causing Evie's reckless protective actions. Didn't like that look she gave.

last edited at Jun 4, 2023 10:46PM

joined Sep 23, 2022

The hug was so cute

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

As much as I want it to go back to the present, this is so fluffy I'm gonna die!

joined Apr 15, 2013

Glad the author went down this arc. Really using the "past" to develop (or explore the depths of) their relationship further and also expand on the plot. Can't wait to see what else they've got planned. Those lashes were terrible but I do wonder if that maid will begin to either resent her, be suspicious or blame her for causing Evie's reckless protective actions. Didn't like that look she gave.

It's probably fine. If the maid starts trouble then Evie will have to wreak horrible vengeance on her like that other dude. That would likely cause a Rube Goldberg effect of horrible death that would kind of derail the story. We just need to get through the time loop and get back to story progress.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Hmmm, now I’m wondering if the maid was somehow the catalyst that set all that demon stuff into motion. Like a jealous demon destroying the world out of revenge.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Finally, ch. 69. Again.

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Chapter was so precious it dispelled all evil thoughts brought on by funny number.

Internetdyke
Screenshot_20211218_223644
joined Nov 25, 2021

In this time line Elsa won't meet with the nun?
Either way what a precious chapter

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

so precious that I didn't notice it was the nice number

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

And here is finally an explanation for how Elsa's concept of "bullying" (at least by Evie) got warped so badly. Effectively, Elsa has imprinted on Smol!Evie as the first real caretaker she has had, so, like every abused child, she perceives any kind of attention from her caretaker, no matter how abusive, as loving and validating. Yes, I do think this story is dark AF behind all the cuteness.

Hmmm, now I’m wondering if the maid was somehow the catalyst that set all that demon stuff into motion. Like a jealous demon destroying the world out of revenge.

Nice word play there. (Emphasis mine.)

last edited at Jun 5, 2023 4:26AM

joined Jul 2, 2021

Damn, that really teared me up...

KaichiStrife
joined Mar 16, 2023

Assuming this is how things were always supposed to happen (time wise), I wonder what's gonna prompt Evie to leave Elsa at the orphanage? As things stand now, I'd see no situation where Evie would want to separate from Elsa. Also, maybe this is a popular idea/theory, but now I believe the promise they made to each other will revolve around that eventual separation, with them promising to "marry each other" once they're grown up.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

And here is finally an explanation for how Elsa's concept of "bullying" (at least by Evie) got warped so badly. Effectively, Elsa has imprinted on Smol!Evie as the first real caretaker she has had, so, like every abused child, she perceives any kind of attention from her caretaker, no matter how abusive, as loving and validating. Yes, I do think this story is dark AF behind all the cuteness.

You're thinking too hard about it to make it dark. We have chapters in which Elsa first reacted to Evie's bullying. She knew full well what bullying was and was more baffled than anything at the turn it took. In my hazy memory of the chapter, she didn't even really like it at first.

I'm not sure if there are more flashbacks to it, but go back and read chapter 14 for some of Elsa's thoughts about bullying.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So... why does Elsa end up back at the orphanage? I didn't expect this much interaction between them at all...

Also, I wonder if having something super wholesome for Ch.69 was intentional?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, this explains a lot about Elsa's feelings and her always asking Evie to bully her. ^_^

last edited at Jun 5, 2023 9:08AM

25807f2f-52d2-4bcf-84a8-46471290408c
joined May 3, 2022

The maid is probably just cautious of Elsa. Maybe because of Evie’s seemingly random and sudden actions and also probably because she can sense the powerful magic Elsa is capable of? I’m not sure myself but the maid. Seems very powerful herself and working as Evie’s personal maid, she is probably just a bit suspicious and cautious.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

You're thinking too hard about it to make it dark. We have chapters in which Elsa first reacted to Evie's bullying. She knew full well what bullying was and was more baffled than anything at the turn it took. In my hazy memory of the chapter, she didn't even really like it at first.

I'm not sure if there are more flashbacks to it, but go back and read chapter 14 for some of Elsa's thoughts about bullying.

Yeah, in both the present and the past, Elsa immediately clocks that Evie's "bullying" isn't anything of the kind. Because apart from a handful of situations where the villainess system gave an impossible choice, Evie does actually manage to twist the wording of the request into actual affection. She just calls it bullying. It comes off as tsundere to Elsa.

The only exceptions I can think of that actually come off as abuse, really, are the bathroom incident and the scissors incident. And don't get me wrong, those are bad, but it's not exactly a pattern.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

So, the people who hurt Elsa, and the other kids are dead, right? If so, I just happen to have the Phoenix Down here. I want to resurrect them, for...reasons.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Well, this explains a lot about Elsa's feelings and her always asking Evie to bully her. ^_^

The Elsa in Ch 14 doesn't seem like she remembers this incident, though. She regards Yvonne as just another stuck-up noble girl, and is surprised by the defense and "bullying".

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

im such a fucking sucker for arcs where people protect their SO's child self from abuse. ma heart.

joined Oct 14, 2014

That's because this incident didn't happen the first time around. That's the whole reason Yvonne was sent back. To plant additional flags. And despite the context changing, this won't significantly alter the events of the future (our present).
Yvonne will likely get zapped back to the future when she has doubts about sending Elsa to the orphanage. She'll get the paperwork done, then right as Elsa is about to enter the orphanage, she'll almost stop her, but get cucked by the ring.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's because this incident didn't happen the first time around. That's the whole reason Yvonne was sent back. To plant additional flags. And despite the context changing, this won't significantly alter the events of the future (our present).

That is entirely not true, there's been enough foreshadowing for exactly this having happened, especially with the hints that there were events Evie didn't remember, which we now know is because at this time - which we are currently witnessing - time traveling Evie was borrowing her body.

last edited at Jun 5, 2023 4:08PM

joined Oct 14, 2014

Why did Future Elsa seem to be on her actual last straw then. What

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Why did Future Elsa seem to be on her actual last straw then. What

That we sadly don't know yet, but hopefully she'll explain as well. But for Evie, everything so far points at a proper time travel story where the changes she makes are exactly the ones that created the changes from the original game she was already experiencing before.

KaichiStrife
joined Mar 16, 2023

That is entirely not true, there's been enough foreshadowing for exactly this having happened, especially with the hints that there were events Evie didn't remember, which we now know is because at this time - which we are currently witnessing - time traveling Evie was borrowing her body.

This is what I believe as well. That the time travel affects those Evie interacted with in the past, in the sense that those events did happen for them at that time, but Evie is just now experiencing them "for the first time". This will eventually lead to that promise that's been mentioned by Elsa before, and it'll be when Evie "remembers" that promise because for her, it'll be the first time she's making it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.