Forum › Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! discussion

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

It's a shame risa doesn't have a chance from a storytelling perspective because she's so nice. She doesn't "deserve" Ayaka's love because of that, but she doesn't deserve a twisted universe where it's impossible for writing direction reasons (there'd at least be a glimmer of a chance if it weren't for the title...)

Maybe I just relate too much lol, and I know it's not gonna have a poly ending, oh so well.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Oh oh no this is getting angsty, tho it was a little forced, like she went from the wingwoman she was being developed into for 3 or 4 chapters, to in love with the mc, a bit weird and forced but ok

joined Apr 25, 2020

Time to pick your team, everyone! Risa x Ayaka or Hiroko x Ayaka?

Team Risa for me, cause Hiroko makes me crazy irritated.

And yeah, team Risa, she's way more likeable than Hiroko

joined Apr 25, 2020

Did not see that twist coming, I kind of thought Risa was going to help them get together.

Yeah, that's what you call a forced plot twist basically, but since I like Risa way more than Hiroko, I'll let it pass

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Execution is extremely important. And a bullet list of plot points does not show nearly the full picture. Knowing what happens, I don't think that list (or any story reduced to a list of plot points) is very fair or useful (last volume is fun also). But whatever. When people don't like things, they really don't like it.

Um, you have a point, but not in relation at all as to what you were replying to? Why reply to a group of people saying the spoilers make the plot sound interesting by basically saying some people won't like it based on the list of plot points?

It is actually useful - especially in the thread you were replying to (and in my opinion too), because putting it in the context of where the story is going makes it not seem like an endless status quo going around in circles thing.

Did not see that twist coming, I kind of thought Risa was going to help them get together.

Yeah, that's what you call a forced plot twist basically, but since I like Risa way more than Hiroko, I'll let it pass

Hmm. I don't think you can call it forced exactly, in a story where I can't work out why Arisa is even "in love" with Hiroko in the first place. She doesn't seem to know anything about Hiroko's personality at all, only that she looks cool and gives compliments (to everyone).
Risa has a better reason for liking Ayaka, and more knowledge of her as a person at least.

last edited at May 17, 2023 1:30AM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Add in cultures where being openly queer is still an incredibly dicey prospect, and I get why Hiroko would not only dismiss Ayaka's signals as being that platonic intimacy, but why she'd want them to be so. Hiroko is clearly attracted to Ayaka, but has multiple reasons (even setting aside spoilers) why she'd feel like Ayaka reciprocating would actually be a lot more trouble than it's worth. She keeps acting like Ayaka isn't sincere because, I think, there's a part of her that really wishes that were true.

Yeah I think the age gap is mentioned because of this also. She feels wrong to actually make a move on Ayaka and have it progress to something more and then having to keep like a secret office romance I think.
It's relieving for me to see that Hiroko doesn't get it because the alternative would be her getting it or suspecting it and still ignoring Ayaka in an attempt to keep her straight persona at work intact. So for me this is funny. Like if this was realistic it would be so much more frustrating and she'd be definitely unlikable haha.
I've been in Ayaka’s position in a way, sort of? I mean not really but... Of not being sure whether someone is gay or straight while trying to think of some over the top obvious way to let them know I'm interested without being all like "I like you!" and putting the person on the spot. I mean usually based on statistics the person will be straight lol so the sad reality would be that Ayaka would be kind of delusional to keep it going for so long haha... Well, for me it's like a wish fulfillment fantasy, it's pretty cool to see Ayaka’s antics and then Hiroko's actual internal monologue.

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I didn't see Risa being in love with Ayaka as much of a twist per say and I think that's cause I was paying attention to how much she was paying attention to Ayaka. I think it would've been more of a twist if she just turned out to be violently homophobic lmao.
As cute as Risa x Ayaka could be I do very much enjoy them as friends. This may be about how crazy in love with Hiroko Ayaka is, but it'd definitely feel emptier if there weren't some nice platonic outside relationships to look at :3c

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

ok this is just ridiculous, ayaka just needs to tell her what's up already, surely that's less stress than she's currently dealing with

joined Dec 30, 2018

I want to murder Hiroko

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

ok this is just ridiculous, ayaka just needs to tell her what's up already, surely that's less stress than she's currently dealing with

One might say that's exactly what she's been trying to do this whole time xD

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Um, you have a point, but not in relation at all as to what you were replying to? Why reply to a group of people saying the spoilers make the plot sound interesting by basically saying some people won't like it based on the list of plot points?

It is actually useful - especially in the thread you were replying to (and in my opinion too), because putting it in the context of where the story is going makes it not seem like an endless status quo going around in circles thing.

Yes, 100%. I was agreeing with them and elaborating. The intention behind the dump of spoilers was really to scare people away. I was specifically responding to that intention and trying to provide context for (and dissuade) those who would otherwise put something down because of an incomplete list of plot points. I think this story I quite fun and interesting and would hope others don't put it down simply because of a list like that, so that was the impetus. Just didn't appreciate the reasons behind the dump.

I didn't see Risa being in love with Ayaka as much of a twist per say and I think that's cause I was paying attention to how much she was paying attention to Ayaka. I think it would've been more of a twist if she just turned out to be violently homophobic lmao.

Yeah, Risa has been watching them for a bit, if you go back. She's had little hints throughout and now we get it confirmed. Guess she needed a little push to realize why she was a bit fixated on Ayaka.

last edited at May 17, 2023 9:32AM

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

love triangle?

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

"Language should exist to help convey ideas, thoughts, and feelings as clearly as possible."
Japanese: "Good idea. I'll have the word for 'like' and 'love' be the same."
Japanese: "Oh, but I'll have a word for love too. In fact, I'll have a few! But only one of them is consistent and it won't be the one people actually use a lot."

But at the same time, I can't even accuse Ayaka of being afflicted with more than a mild case of Anime; she's been pretty overt, all points considered!

The real issue is Hiroko. I was hoping she'd talk about what's been going on in detail at the gay bar so everyone there can call her a useless lesbian but she's dodged her just desserts so far.

At this point, I'm kinda rooting for Ayaka and Risa going on a date and running into her at the bar just to rub in HOW useless she is.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Oh oh no this is getting angsty, tho it was a little forced, like she went from the wingwoman she was being developed into for 3 or 4 chapters, to in love with the mc, a bit weird and forced but ok

Was she, though? In the the first chapter she appeared in, she blew up one of Ayana’s attempts to get through to Hiroko by knocking on the stall door. Then, the next time she appeared, she told Hiroko that whatshisname also like fried chicken, intentionally obfuscating Ayaka’s next attempt to woo Hiroko and getting us into the current misunderstanding phase. Heck, most of her wingwoman-like actions have just been her acting as a friend (even inviting Hiroko to go shopping with them was done mostly to convince Ayaka to come along). It was clear from the previous chapters that she was going to have a bigger role, but it wasn’t clear whether it was going to be “wimngwoman” or”rival.”

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Having Hiroko loosing against Risa would be a nice twist. Sometimes I don't want extreme uselessness to be rewarded. (I also don't find her too special so far - she feels like a nice, but bland mom or something)

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Was she, though? In the the first chapter she appeared in, she blew up one of Ayana’s attempts to get through to Hiroko by knocking on the stall door. Then, the next time she appeared, she told Hiroko that whatshisname also like fried chicken, intentionally obfuscating Ayaka’s next attempt to woo Hiroko and getting us into the current misunderstanding phase. Heck, most of her wingwoman-like actions have just been her acting as a friend (even inviting Hiroko to go shopping with them was done mostly to convince Ayaka to come along). It was clear from the previous chapters that she was going to have a bigger role, but it wasn’t clear whether it was going to be “wimngwoman” or”rival.”

Yeah, she's been unconsciously doing this for a while, in the background. Risa is lovely, though. She handled that well and didn't make it an issue once she realized what she was feeling. Actually, everyone at the office has been nice, including Yuuya. They have a nice camaraderie in that office that's fun to observe. Ayaka also verbally realizes the mountain she has to climb to get through Hiroko's density; though it seems she's started getting through to her without realizing it.

last edited at May 18, 2023 2:28PM

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Well it looks like that potential time bomb was defused without much trouble. Not a whole lot really happens in this series, huh? I suppose it is nice that the series has been focusing on the comedy instead of typical angst.

The Real Haman Karn
Haman%20icon
joined Nov 29, 2021

lmao we're entering the point where folks just interpret everything Hiroko does as oblivious and unreasonable. This chapter's been the most reasonable Hiroko by far, even seeing both the oppressiveness of office gossip and the kind of incredibly stock romance guy Yuuya is that supported the misunderstanding.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Time to pick your team, everyone! Risa x Ayaka or Hiroko x Ayaka?

Team Risa for me, cause Hiroko makes me crazy irritated.

Risa X Hiroko because c H å ø S

Seriously though, Risa is the only character I honestly like in this. The main couple is way too useless.

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

I honestly wanna throttle that dense fool if she doesn't wise up soon

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I think part of the reason this feels so stupid is because we are constantly seeing Hiroko's thoughts on Ayaka every chapter and well...her missing the obvious or misinterpreting Ayaka EVERY chapter without fail.

My_ankle_fell_off
joined Jan 8, 2020

Awww I really like her and her friend to be together, even though ik it won’t, I think they’d be really cute together. I’m not very fond of hiroko cuz she lowkey irritates me.

last edited at May 18, 2023 5:02PM

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Actually, I quite like that this doesn't seem to be turning into a love triangle. And Risa feels like a good person at heart.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Hiroko is just straight up in denial rn, like take a hint girl it is so obvious at this point.

canihavekith
142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

i have a crush on risa

To reply you must either login or sign up.