Forum › Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! discussion

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

It’s so cute that hiroko wants to help ayaka with yuuya, I mean she’s way off but love the intent

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

If this gets worse and continues to be vignettes of Ayaka trying to impress Hiroko then that's okay. I'll just keep reading for Sal Jiang's art.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Hey guys, just so you know, I was interested in this series a couple months ago and bought the raws up to volume 2 (volume 3 just released) and if you're annoyed by Hiroko's complete inability to understand the words "I'm in love with you," I suggest you either drop this now or wait for all the chapters to release so you can read it all in one shot, because it just gets so, so much worse.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Hey guys, just so you know, I was interested in this series a couple months ago and bought the raws up to volume 2 (volume 3 just released) and if you're annoyed by Hiroko's complete inability to understand the words "I'm in love with you," I suggest you either drop this now or wait for all the chapters to release so you can read it all in one shot, because it just gets so, so much worse.

HECK YEAH. Bring on the antics. I’m ready.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Hoooooo boy, let’s see how bad this gets.

Also, I get the feeling that Hiroko got burned really badly in the past. Like, tell head over heels for someone who was straight and wrecked her reputation levels of burned. It feels like she’s practically deluding herself at times.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I mean, I get that the whole premise is Hiroko misunderstanding Ayaka. I just wish it was done either with some comedy or had a more serious characterization of why she's so intent on seeing Ayaka as straight.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Now I'm fascinated. I'm having a hard time conceiving of an inability to understand that's "much, much worse" than what we've already seen.

Here's the basic rundown of major events up to the end of volume 2 for people who really want to know

Ayaka and Hiroko end up sharing a hotel room in a reservation mix up while both out on a work trip. Ayaka gets super touchy feeling in a towl trying to seduce Hiroko, but she just keeps dodging her advances until night time. They both can't sleep so Hiroko suggests they share a bottle of wine. Ayaka confesses again, and Hiroko asks her if she's being serious, but Ayaka fell asleep before she could answer.

After a work party, Hiroko learns that Ayaka is not in love with Yuuya and wonders if Ayaka may be gay before quickly dismissing the thought. Also, Risa confesses that she's fallen in love with Ayaka, but understands she is in love with Hiroko and promises to support her

Ayaka and Risa are in Ayaka's room and want to try out a lesbian bar to get advice on lesbian love troubles. The bar they find happens to be Hiroko's bar, where Risa learns that Hiroko is gay. Hiroko shows up at the bar and sees Ayaka and she rushes her out where Ayaka tells Hiroko she's a lesbian

End volume One

While taking home Ayaka in a taxi, Hiroko thinks that it would be nice if Ayaka were in love with her, now that Hiroko knows Ayaka is gay, before quickly dismissing the idea as nothing but a fantasy

During work, Ayaka confronts Hiroko and asks if she's a lesbian. Hiroko say she just go's to the bar because she hit it off with the customers and had no idea what kind of bar it was. At the bar, Hiroko says that she panicked and lied because she really dosen't want to be found out at the company

Later, Risa confronts Hiroko and says she knows Hirko is gay and that she cares about Ayaka so Hiroko needs to stop ignoring her feelings. This is the point when Hiroko realizes that Ayaka is in love with her. But trust me, it's not over yet. That would be too simple

Ayaka works up the courage and confesses again in the middle of the office. And Hiroko tells her she's happy Ayaka likes her, but that she can't give her happiness, and that maybe somebody else can

Ayaka is super sad but Risa tells Ayaka that she still loves her and asks her if she could give her a shot. Ayaka agrees and the two date for what seems like a couple of months (it's not specified) before Risa tries kissing Ayaka. But Ayaka panics and pushes Risa before running away and saying she can't do it anymore

We then find out the reason Hiroko is so against work relationships to the point of self sabotage, and its the spoiler below.

She had a senpai at work she had a crush on, but once rumors started spreading about them her senpai resigned to protect Hiroko's reputation.

Continuing with events

Risa talks to Hiroko again and says that things with her and Ayaka didn't work out and the Ayaka still isn't over her

Risa and Ayaka make up as friends and go to the bar together, where the owner tells them about Hiroko's past. Risa asks her why she told them, and she says that maybe they can change Hiroko

This gives Ayaka the courage to confess again to Hiroko in the middle of the office

End of volume 2

last edited at May 15, 2023 5:20AM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

LOL

I predict that there will be nothing left of Dynasty Scans but a smoking crater on the server room floor after this thread goes nuclear halfway through volume 2.

joined Nov 22, 2019

LOL

I predict that there will be nothing left of Dynasty Scans but a smoking crater on the server room floor after this thread goes nuclear halfway through volume 2.

Indeed. The characters are such trainrecks that I can just feel all the rabid future commenters nashing at their leashes to tear their stupid decisions apart.

Despite having already read this, I'm incredibly excited for new chapter releases just to see the absolute battle ground it will inevitably cause in the forums.

last edited at May 13, 2023 6:12PM

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Dropped.

joined Mar 21, 2017

This is like watching a trainwreck.

20230426_020903
joined Jul 19, 2018

Its so painful to read... I know that you must read it as a joke, I get it. But there is a way to draw it and put the scene in place. When you make the LI who always make the first move on the MC cry and make another desperate move on her crush while crying and drunk... but the MC STILL DONT GET IT ! Im sorry no one can read this as a joke. Its just drama and hard to read

last edited at May 14, 2023 9:04AM

Armageddon11
joined Jul 26, 2016

Sometimes a one-shot is better as a one-shot.

Dropped.

17862791_1495602197151021_8222829330647011179_n[1]
joined Jun 22, 2013

oh sweet Jesus those spoilers

joined Aug 21, 2017

This is the manga equivalent of repeatedly swinging a hammer inches from someone's face while they think "They must be trying to hit a nail nearby"

joined May 3, 2014

oh sweet Jesus those spoilers

Yes! We will need the gay Jesus for when thous chapters drop here >_>

joined Aug 13, 2021

I hope they never get together, just to make everyone mad

Zed Leppelin
Full
joined Feb 5, 2022

I hope they never get together, just to make everyone mad

I hope Ayaka ends up with some other woman, just to make me happy.

last edited at May 14, 2023 2:22PM

joined Oct 3, 2016

What do you mean nearly awakened. It's already awakened you idiot. Take Ayaka seriously already you Stupid Useless Lesbian!

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Come on, you can't sleep now

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

these fkin gays i stg
JUST KISS ALREADY

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

This is the manga equivalent of repeatedly swinging a hammer inches from someone's face while they think "They must be trying to hit a nail nearby"

Swinging the hammer
But always missing the nail
Fourth wall stays broken

last edited at May 14, 2023 2:59PM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

How has Hiroko-senpai live this long? She'd be crossing a street, see a car head towards her and think "Oh jeez, I almost mistaked the wind for a 2 ton piece of metal heading towards my dire-"

joined Jul 8, 2019

again
again
again

Manga endorsed by Shadow Zone, I see. Small wonder their idiot couple levels are on "rocket scientist of the week" tier.
(I wonder how many people, if any, will get those references)

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

Now I'm fascinated. I'm having a hard time conceiving of an inability to understand that's "much, much worse" than what we've already seen.

Here's the basic rundown of major events up to the end of volume 2 for people who really want to know

Thank you for that summary. I was torn between wanting to drop this and wanting to see if Hiroko worked her shit out.

Now I can do both. You have my thanks.

To reply you must either login or sign up.