Forum › Why is My Crush so Hard on Me? discussion

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Akari, queen of mixed signals

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

The mask had to slip at some point! Lets go!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Tag yourselves I am the friend who got tired of Akari’s bs and disappeared after chapter 4.

(idk if she comes back in the raws)

I hope the friend comes back and starts prying on Hina’s past to give her a little push in remembering.

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

And so it begins

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

You know the set up get annoying really fast. I wish she would just ditch her crush and go with someone better.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I wish she would just ditch her crush and go with someone better.

That would be hilarious, honestly.

joined May 3, 2014

I wish she would just ditch her crush and go with someone better.

That would be hilarious, honestly.

I think that is the only thing that will stop a bitch being an bitch XD OR make her even more of an bitch 0.0 damn….

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

It's weird reading the comments as someone who can relate to Akari

She is upset that her old BFF seemingly doesn't remember her and is too stubborn to take the L and be the one to clarify it

Why would that be taking the L? Because it would forever eliminate the possibility for the other person to be the one who realize it. And thus no closure to it.

joined Aug 29, 2019

She is upset that her old BFF seemingly doesn't remember her and is too stubborn to take the L and be the one to clarify it

Why would that be taking the L? Because it would forever eliminate the possibility for the other person to be the one who realize it. And thus no closure to it.

I'm sure it helps that Akari is probably acting nothing like she did back then, totally jogging Hina's memory in all the right ways.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is weird but yeah, a triangle is the only way to fix this, because apparently her pride is more important than anything else, and the more she acts like an arrogant ... hmmm ... . the less likely the protagonist will remember.

Skywallker posted:

No no there will be a closure once and for all if she did, but she just wants to say "ABOUT TIME!" and doesn't take anything else... is just selfish at this point.

last edited at Apr 18, 2023 10:35AM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ok wtf how do you even forget something like that, her head must be 80% air

last edited at Apr 19, 2023 12:03AM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

This might be an unpopular opinion, but that Akari character is so fucking annoying. Every chapter I read of this I find myself thinking "God, just leave her be then, you have no reason to tolerate this treatment"

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

So is it going to take Akari not having contacts one day and being forced to wear her old glasses she had as a kid for it to jog Hina's memory?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So is it going to take Akari not having contacts one day and being forced to wear her old glasses she had as a kid for it to jog Hina's memory?

Finally an explanation! Akari has the Superman power! Her glasses form convinces people she's a completely different person from her non-glasses form!
Because otherwise I really don't get how Hina could forget about that. They weren't even that small.
. . . I suppose there are other explanations. This Hina could actually be possessed by someone from another dimension who got Isekai'd into her.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Y'know, up until ch. 7 I was quite annoyed with Akari. Now, I suppose I still don't think she's handling things the best possible way, but I do see her point. This was not some kind of best friends when they were three years old thing with subtext. This was like grade 3 or something, full on kissing, mutually explicitly agreed that they were dating, and a flat out promise to be with her forever. I can absolutely understand thinking "She FORGOT me? Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?!"

As a reader it makes me wonder, too . . . if Hina remembers those events as events, but has not connected them with present day Akari, why has having a new crush apparently never once caused her to think about the old one? She appears to have no regrets, no reminiscences, no worries about breaking her word, no fears about the impermanence of love, nuthin'. On the other hand, if she doesn't remember at all . . . what the freak is wrong with her? She hit her head or something?

last edited at Apr 19, 2023 12:56AM

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

The unfortunate lesbians. It's good tho.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I’m calling it. Either Hina is just extremely fucking dumb and brushed the whole thing off as “I will never see her again, might as well not take it seriously” after she moved or she hit her head really hard during middle school. Maybe repeatedly given her history with getting hurt as a child.

I mean, when we are children we sometimes do that stuff like saying you love someone and want to be them forever and stealing little kisses on the lips with no inhibitions because the concept of romantic love is not treated as seriously (or rather, not with the same prejudices and worries) as when we are adults. And once you grow up you might look back and think “damn i would be super embarrassed if i talked about it with the person right now. might as well pretend it never happened” but there is no way you REALLY forget those things you did as a five year-old or something. That’s around the time our earliest memories come from, and sometimes they are kinda shameful things (because they were shameless) that haunt you.

Point is: even if just as a rather embarrassing memory because she grew up to be shy compared to her child self, Hina has to at least acknowledge she was that bold and told a girl she’ll date her at such an early age at some point or we’ll have to straight up assume she suffers from long-term memory loss.

+
Also, the straight-man friend needs to hit the nail on the head by asking Hina about her childhood (since apparently she moved from there and then came back somewhere around high school).
“Did you have any friends?”
“Do you know what they are up to?”
“What if one of them is in our class!”

Go girl, I trust you girl, be the useful ally to these dumb lesbians.

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 5:07PM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Binary neutron starbians

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Eh, I don’t know. Stubbornly digging in your heels and acting like a jerk to someone you care about simply because you want them to remember who you are on their own (all while doing nothing to help them in that processes), and potentially torpedoing the relationship you hope to get back in the process, still seems like a pretty big L to me. Like, even if it does work, that W isn’t going to erase the Ls that were taken along the way.

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

If the tsun actually wanted some progress, she should check if she forgot about her, or just doesn't recognise her, because I don't think acting differently than she used to is going to jog many memories.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

^
Chapter 7 made me think she was kinda the same way she is now (kinda strict, terrifying gaze) but had a soft and kind side because gay and would be honest about it. Now she’s just hiding it out of spite. Bad move.

joined May 3, 2014

No ladys and gentelmen and everything in between, this is just an poorly written story with an author that can’t for the life of them make this DUMB TROPE work!!!

But since i read stories like this for the idea of appreciating ACTUALY competent authors, I will continue to read it with the lowest expectations possible.

last edited at Apr 19, 2023 3:13AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I dunno, I like it - this is the simplest comedy possible, the extremely blunt rejections are still funny to me. As to why the hell doesn't she remember, I'm kinda turning off my brain on this one, I'm sure there is some explanation coming but to me it's not terribly important what the reason is :P

last edited at Apr 19, 2023 4:05AM

joined Feb 22, 2023

how long must this continue?

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

This is cute, entertaining and painful all at the same time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.