Forum › Comprehensive Tovarisch discussion

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

What's a chess move from Kanna. I guess there is a reason for her to be on top of freshman group

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

What's a chess move from Kanna. I guess there is a reason for her to be on top of freshman group

You gotta wait until the chapter is uploaded here, otherwise is spoiler

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Protagonist: Miss one turn

last edited at Mar 5, 2015 10:06AM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Wow.. just wow. I don't know what i expected from their battle but it wasn't this, regardless it ended up way better. I only wish the chapters were longer because this series is so funny.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I read it and I find myself in Kanna more and more. Her character and temper are 99,9% the same as mine, and I had similar situations and even dialogues in my life. This manga is about me in Japan :D

last edited at Mar 5, 2015 4:31AM

79769fb62fb8crop
joined Dec 7, 2014

Kanna is the best protagonist. She's just so refreshing and brilliant.

Konan
joined Apr 20, 2012

I WIN LOL

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

Something's whispering me that there won't be any actual healthy yuri, only subtext...

Just wait until chapter 13. It will come. THE YURI WILL COME. JUST WAIT ANOTHER 5 YEARS FOR TRANSLATOR TO ACTUALLY GET TO IT BECAUSE OF ALL THE BREAKS.

NEARLY HALFWAY THERE in terms of chapter numbers, anyhow...

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Kanna is the best protagonist. She's just so refreshing and brilliant.

Don't see many protagonists that literally beat the shit out of an opponent in what was supposed to be a simple chess game. Brilliant and nonsensically hilarious.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Hazaoka...how can someone so completely absent-minded be so incredibly wise at the same time.

joined Apr 15, 2013

My god, that is the best way to play chess I've ever seen.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Arata Iri draws amazing reaction shots. The over-the-top cartoonish faces are a major reason why I enjoy this so much.

By the way, the author has another series running in Mebae that also features a very intense protagonist and tons of visual comedy. I hope it will catch a group's attention, it looks very promising. Plus, it's Mebae, so... that magazine certainly doesn't have any editors telling the mangaka to tone down the yuri content, so with any luck that series will have some of the "hard yuri" Arata couldn't fit into Tovarisch.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

LOL, had me rolling when she took that piece xD Conflicts should always be resolved like this. Ah, reminded me of why I like this manga so much :P

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well if she didn't want to get socked in the face she probably shouldn't have let Kanna a condition for the game. It wasn't exactly too surprising coming from Kanna and was quite hilarious, lol.

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

In another world this would be the first chapter about someone trying to put together Japan's National Women Chess Boxing team. It would be called Check-Mates. Tag line: These women don't just work up a sweat in the ring.

Seriously that was great. I love how it came right after the teacher gave an inspiring speech. Also is this fighting for your love or just feeling someone needs a good smack? I am fine with either.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Japan's National Women Chess Boxing team. It would be called Check-Mates.

This should be an actual thing. It'd be quite entertaining.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This was seriously the best chapter. Didn't see it coming at all and I laughed so loud XD "I really do love beating people"
Yes you do, Kanna. Yes, you do.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Why did I think I was going to see a serious chess match? hahaha.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

I know it's pretty random, but when Yuu says "Yes, sir" it reminded me of Ellis', and now I'm imagining Yuu's voice is like Ellis'...

*El Cazador

last edited at Mar 7, 2015 2:27PM

Well that escalated quickly o.o

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014
  • does she know how to play chess?
  • just Googled the rules on my phone. Spent all the damn battery.

Totally glorious. Also, this was probably the most violent chess match in history.

last edited at Mar 14, 2015 10:57AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I love the way he draws his "serious" characters. They are just so damn cute. I'm seriously in love with this Yuu character. She's adorable in every possible way.

Since this finished after 3 volumes, I hope the rest gets translated.

And while they are at it, I've seen that he's currently doing another series, Noroi no Aoi-chan , tagged as Yuri on mangaupdates.I hope some group picks it up if it's good.

Something like that : http://cartoon.shhh88.com/manhuatuku/18830/20146715529770.jpg

last edited at Apr 18, 2015 5:23PM

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

Really cute chapter. Side couples always seem to be more interesting than the main pairings, and these two are no different.

last edited at Jun 26, 2015 5:14PM

Kyosaya_Bubbiline
joined Jun 21, 2015

I need more of this .-. Kanna is just awesome <3 miss just one turn.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Really cute chapter. Side couples always seem to be more interesting than the main pairings, and these two are no different.

The mysterious power of side-couples makes them appealing, is it because they aren't a focus? Like something happening on the side on it's own as the main focus tends to move on? Is it giving some depth the side characters involved?... I don't really know how to pinpoint it, but it certainly does work :p

To reply you must either login or sign up.