Forum › Comprehensive Tovarisch discussion

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Really cute chapter. Side couples always seem to be more interesting than the main pairings, and these two are no different.

The mysterious power of side-couples makes them appealing, is it because they aren't a focus? Like something happening on the side on it's own as the main focus tends to move on? Is it giving some depth the side characters involved?... I don't really know how to pinpoint it, but it certainly does work :p

I think it's because the writers feel like they can have fun with them while the main characters have to be written to attract the largest audience possible.

I found this chapter adorable, but was rather rather dissapointed that we didn't get to see more of Kanna. Though, I suppose she'd have to be temporarily written out to give the other characters some screentime. Her spastic personality does seem to overshadow everyone else's.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yaaaaaah! I've been waiting for the continuation of this for so long!

1w
joined Jun 17, 2015

Nice to see this got updated again. It's one of my fave series and I'm waiting to see more of Akatsuki x Rika

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuu is so damn adorable. I want to see more of her.

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

You'll be happy to know
She gets a lot more focus in volume 3

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

I like the stories... yes! stories... because it revolves around the different point of view of the different characters but to the idea that to put Rika to be a cross-dresser (M-F) is no good... I think it must set aside... the Yuri development of each characters is somehow progressing... I'm waiting for the release of the next chapters... :)

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

You'll be happy to know
She gets a lot more focus in volume 3

Assuming that volume 3 ever comes out

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014
56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Geez, when it will going to update?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

yurinaissance posted:

Geez, when it will going to update?

According to the post literally right above yours, whenever they can get an editor for it.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Seira posted:

I have all 3 tanks and read through all of them. I did the final chapter under the name of Halfass Scans, which were LQ scans for people who wanted to rush to the ending.

I lost interest in translating because I wasn't willing to destroy my precious books and no other raws were out at the time. Plus, I severely lacked editing skills and drawing skills, so I couldn't make anything out of it... so I gave up.

Nowadays, I'm less concerned about these damn books, but there are plenty of raws online I think. If anyone wants to edit or redraw it, I can do the translation and typesetting.

Someone please pick this project up again <3

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ieeheh posted:

Seira posted:

I have all 3 tanks and read through all of them. I did the final chapter under the name of Halfass Scans, which were LQ scans for people who wanted to rush to the ending.

I lost interest in translating because I wasn't willing to destroy my precious books and no other raws were out at the time. Plus, I severely lacked editing skills and drawing skills, so I couldn't make anything out of it... so I gave up.

Nowadays, I'm less concerned about these damn books, but there are plenty of raws online I think. If anyone wants to edit or redraw it, I can do the translation and typesetting.

Someone please pick this project up again <3

If it's just redrawing and such that's needed I could probably work on it between cleaning chapters for Kawaii Scans if nobody else shows interest in it.

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

I totally love this!!

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

At first, I thought this was going to be like A Kiss and A White Lily since the main character is slightly the same. But as I read on the story isn't exactly alike. And I think that the way this story is going is great! Oh, but not the way it's updating.

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 12:11PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

I can help in cleaning and proof reading sections too. I can remove text from the bubbles and check spelling and grammer of the translation.

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 1:45PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Autumn posted:

I can help in cleaning and proof reading sections too. I can remove text from the bubbles and check spelling and grammer of the translation.

Cleaning is the one place we really don't need help. I joined to clean then someone else joined a little later to help clean later on. Then fairly recently we had another person offer to help clean too though we suggested they try Kase-san instead. What we really need is typesetters. I'm currently the only one typesetting (since the person who had volunteered to do the typesetting failed to ever get in contact with me then apparently stopped coming to Dynasty) which is why this is taking so long. I've never actually typeset before and I'm just finding it very tedious and completely unenjoyable. (Typesetting a page takes me longer than cleaning it by a fair bit on average.) We've already got chapter 8 and the next extra cleaned but I only fairly recently got started on the typesetting for chapter 8.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Autumn posted:

Well sir

Ma'am/miss/something like that*

P.S: There will be mistakes since this will be my first time typesetting. And they might get past the deadline too. So please go easy on me.

This is actually my first time so I wouldn't be the best judge but you can post your work in the thread for the chapter asking for feedback from the QCers. I'll email you the fonts and such so you can give it a try.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Autumn posted:

Well sir

Ma'am/miss/something like that*

P.S: There will be mistakes since this will be my first time typesetting. And they might get past the deadline too. So please go easy on me.

This is actually my first time so I wouldn't be the best judge but you can post your work in the thread for the chapter asking for feedback from the QCers. I'll email you the fonts and such so you can give it a try.

ok.

13051743_10209394128839678_5264927321810147707_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

That's cute! Sooooooo cute! awnnnnnnn

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

" wait, am i high or something?! "
I ask that question myself all the time

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

(reads through this again)
yep, still one of the funniest and cutest series I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

I shall wait... no matter how long it will take.

joined Apr 21, 2016

Wish they will continue this

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The last chapter (13) is available out there. Someone translated it for the hell of it.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

asdeawd143 posted:

It is being continued. Work on it has just kinda ground to a halt at the moment though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.