Forum › Still Sick discussion

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Quick reminder that the 3rd volume is out now. Mine arrives within a week.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Screw Star Wars or The Lord of the Rings. This is the trilogy that matters.

joined Jul 26, 2016

(https://i.imgur.com/FjUksbU.png)

Screw Star Wars or The Lord of the Rings. This is the trilogy that matters.

Decidedly less likely to spawn terrible and/or over-fillered prequels at least.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

These two are so cute i will now spontaneously combust into fire.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I remember re-reading it earlier this year, but forgot when. Maybe I should add it to my "to re-read" list again.

joined Apr 28, 2021

This series was absolutely beautiful. It's type of humor is right up my alley. I love this story so much. It has very quickly become one of my favorite yuri mangas, even alongside Bloom Into You and Doughnuts Under A Crescent Moon.
I love the random animals (representing scattered thoughts), it's so adorable and funny. The way the panels are drawn, the simplified art style at times, the way they have such funny scenes as well as ones that make me tear up!! I love the side characters, especially Shimizu's boys and Maekawa's editor (I don't remember his name atm).
Just a lovely manga in all, I don't think it's absolutely perfect but it's close. Wonderful <3

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

pretty good

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I really want to reread this, but man, me constantly rereading things is why I have such a hard time reading things I haven't read before.

joined May 30, 2016

Shimizu deserved better. Maekawa just kept on dragging Shimizu along without giving much or even anything in return. I felt like she just took everything, leaving Shimizu to keep on compensating for her. Shimizu's too sweet for that manipulative... girl.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

man i want a girlfriend like shimizu. and i don't i'll ever get sick re-reading this.

Polish_20220813_091412010%20(2)%20(1)
joined Oct 17, 2021

I find myself reread chp 20 a lot. Them "you shouldn't have lied, I already know, we are done" hit close to home so hard (with few key differences, especially the ending) :(
I'm happy for them though.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I still sort of wish we had gotten a NSFW epilogue for them, but even now I love revisiting this series every now and again.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

I'm gonna be giving this a re read when I get around to buying all three copies physically... on that topic, do they get progressively closer on the cover art or is it just me?

Aad1217ee03a84ae2f55ba2988d97f47
joined Nov 9, 2021

every fucking time i finished a manga/manhua/manhwa that i rlly like i always get this heavy feeling in my chest (fuck you I know it's cringy but it's true LABKSBSKSLSHDBD)
anyways this is really good. Maekawa or Shimuzu can fuck me honestly. AND MAEKAWA SLANDERS WEAKEST LINK.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

every fucking time i finished a manga/manhua/manhwa that i rlly like i always get this heavy feeling in my chest (fuck you I know it's cringy but it's true LABKSBSKSLSHDBD)

Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

ahh what a nice, fluffy yuri =w= so glad to be able to read a completed yuri manga, and a rly good one too! bit sad it was so short though uwu

joined Jan 21, 2021

ahh what a nice, fluffy yuri =w= so glad to be able to read a completed yuri manga, and a rly good one too! bit sad it was so short though uwu

I follow Akashi's fanbox and they still published something similar to side story/sequel of these two's domestic life quite regularly (~107 chapters currently). I don't know if these smaller chapters are going to be complied into an additional volume? One can always wish T_T

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

I love this series, it's honestly somewhere in my top 3. I just have no idea how to pitch it for others to read it. Office worker gets caught creating yuri is a strong start, but its so much more than that with the reveal about Maekawa, Shimizu coming to terms with her own sexuality, resolving to support Maekawa regardless of their romantic status, and both of them possessing a strong sense of self awareness about it (Like the bit in ch 11 where Maekawa describes all the ways she's perfect yuri bait for a shut-in lesbian). The story is about so many things that giving a concise description to someone who hasn't read it before is tough.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Just say it's good shit, people should trust their friends' recs even without a lengthy synopsis.

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 9:55AM

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

T-that was good

Wow It was definitely a great read. Now I have to go back to reality, damm 2 days and it's finals

joined Oct 21, 2022

Pretty much a more mature and better Bloom into You

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

i dunno about that. I don't think Bloom into You lacked maturity in comparison. There's like a tiny bit of overlap of having leads that hated/disliked themselves, both hit the topic well imo. There were pretty different circumstances in each, which lead to them being/using meta-textual devices to different, but strong effects. What I guess could be perceived as melodrama wrt YagaKimi, I've more interpreted as an intentional meta-textual construction, it's about theatre. No reason to pit 2 queens against one another, anyhoo.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

i dunno about that. I don't think Bloom into You lacked maturity in comparison. There's like a tiny bit of overlap of having leads that hated/disliked themselves, both hit the topic well imo. There were pretty different circumstances in each, which lead to them being/using meta-textual devices to different, but strong effects. What I guess could be perceived as melodrama wrt YagaKimi, I've more interpreted as an intentional meta-textual construction, it's about theatre. No reason to pit 2 queens against one another, anyhoo.

I agree. Both are excellent, but use quite different tropes, and are about characters in different places in their lives (where there’s an inherent difference in “maturity”—of the characters) and they take place in quite different milieu.

And both are top-tier entries in the Basic Yuri Library (an institution which I just made up).

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I think by "more mature" they mean the characters are literally older.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

At any rate I'm so happy to see these two nerds again.

To reply you must either login or sign up.