Forum › The Princess of Sylph discussion

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

Just plain cute all of it

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

feels kinda slow burn I hope it has the proper time to build up their relationship

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

oh man, her father seemed like a fun dad to grow up around. Total dad move to fart in a situation like that, haha!

joined Aug 21, 2017

oh man, her father seemed like a fun dad to grow up around. Total dad move to fart in a situation like that, haha!

"I'm a child of the spirits."
"Hi child of the spirits, I'm dad."

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Well they are guardians of the WIND Spirits.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

This story has a rock solid foundation going for it.

De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

This has potential to be really frickin good.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Other nun was saying "Have fun taming the princess!" and I was thinking "Have fun storming the castle!"

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Eating, crying, and trying-to-hold-in-a-laugh all at the same time... that is some bloody good storytelling.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

One of the best yuri dads since Hina Logi.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Im in love with Tap tapity tap and scoot scootalot

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Stupid evil snake who can't read the mood, I don't know what the fudge you're about to do to our main characters but know that I already hate you.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Oh wow, had no idea Kamejiro’s webcomic was getting serialized, much less scanlated. Really looking forward to where this goes.

Also, fun fact but I'm pretty sure Sister Sara's design was at least partially based on FGO's Saint Martha - Kamejiro was really into Martha when they started drawing the original webcomic.

last edited at Feb 17, 2023 3:56PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I took a look at the web comic and this gets pretty dark. I hope the serialization doesn't follow the web comic that closely. I'd prefer a little less suffering.

I have no idea what the web comic is but I support women's suffrage

Ah yes,just what I needed.

Good ol' flashbacks of throwing Wild West hogtied Karens into the river,a great feature for RDR2.

Speaking of rivers,there appears to be someone with watery powers afoot.

joined Dec 13, 2020

Stupid evil snake who can't read the mood, I don't know what the fudge you're about to do to our main characters but know that I already hate you.

Sharurururu.

Img_9245
joined Mar 14, 2018

“Comedy” main character is depressed she can’t reconnect with her family through her heirloom sword and she’s the only one left.

joined Oct 12, 2021

I only now noticed people saying that the original comic gets dark at some point, and I wanted to ask if someone could please maybe spoil that part for me a little? Just how "dark" does it get? Am I going to regret it? I stumbled upon the author's Twitter some time ago, coincidentally saw some beautiful art of those two and seeing it being serialized now makes me so happy. These three chapters were a blessing, but now I'm really worried if I should get invested in it, because I am NOT ready for another tragic ending.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

I only now noticed people saying that the original comic gets dark at some point, and I wanted to ask if someone could please maybe spoil that part for me a little? Just how "dark" does it get? Am I going to regret it? I stumbled upon the author's Twitter some time ago, coincidentally saw some beautiful art of those two and seeing it being serialized now makes me so happy. These three chapters were a blessing, but now I'm really worried if I should get invested in it, because I am NOT ready for another tragic ending.

These are major spoilers from the original webcomic. I won't give full context but if you're worried about the tone of the story, I think it's worth warning people how dark it might get.

If you don't want to spoil the manga for yourself I'd advise you not to read it.

Lots of civilians die in fairly bloody monster attacks. One of the protagonists loses her legs in an attack and can only walk with the help of enchanted armor. Suicide is heavily contemplated and even attempted.

The author plans to make the serialized manga a revised version of the original and I don't doubt many of the same events will happen. But the webcomic ended on an uplifting note. In the first draft of the serialized manga, it was actually going to continue from that ending and cover the events of the webcomic in flashback. And they have drawn art of the two going on lighthearted adventures after the events of the original story.

I don't think this will be a tragedy even if it has tragic elements. It's been described by the author as fantasy yuri about two noble ladies forced into cruel circumstances and overcoming them through blood and dirt, never allowing the other to die.

last edited at Mar 23, 2023 10:38PM

joined Oct 12, 2021

These are major spoilers from the original webcomic. I won't give full context but if you're worried about the tone of the story, I think it's worth warning people how dark it might get.

If you don't want to spoil the manga for yourself I'd advise you not to read it.

Lots of civilians die in fairly bloody monster attacks. One of the protagonists loses her legs in an attack and can only walk with the help of enchanted armor. Suicide is heavily contemplated and even attempted.

The author plans to make the serialized manga a revised version of the original and I don't doubt many of the same events will happen. But the webcomic ended on an uplifting note. In the first draft of the serialized manga, it was actually going to continue from that ending and cover the events of the webcomic in flashback. And they have drawn art of the two going on lighthearted adventures after the events of the original story.

I don't think this will be a tragedy even if it has tragic elements. It's been described by the author as fantasy yuri about two noble ladies forced into cruel circumstances and overcoming them through blood and dirt, never allowing the other to die.

Thank you sooooo so very much, that means a lot to me! That I'm sure I can deal with and I'm very excited to see what comes next now.

last edited at Mar 24, 2023 3:38AM

joined Jan 11, 2022

Was the previous webcomic translated? my google-fu is not revealing much of anything.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Ah yes,a very perfectly placed.Beethoven's 5th Symphony.

Seems the water creature achieved the goal,and now she really should tell her.

Will she?...

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Chapter 4 and 5 are a two-parter so I'm saving half the meaning of Japanese Rowan for next time.

But for some additional info, the Japanese Rowan, or Nanakamado in Japanese, gets its name for being notoriously hard to burn. The name is literally 7 (nana) hearths (kamado), that you could stick it in the hearth 7 times before it caught fire. This gave it an association with things needing great care and effort to accomplish. Some roads in Japan are intentionally lined with Japanese Rowan as a sign of extra precaution for drivers, which is also a bit of a hint to its other meaning.

Was the previous webcomic translated? my google-fu is not revealing much of anything.

Not that I'm aware of. I didn't do it at least, and so long as it covers the same material I don't plan to.
It wasn't that long (roughly 1.5 standard manga volumes worth of pages) so we could surpass it in about a year. The serialization is spending much more time with the early stages of their relationship but I imagine it'd be similarly paced once the action starts. And Kamejiro seems eager to catch up. This is supposed to be a monthly manga but chapters 4 and 5 released less than 2 weeks apart.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You fail at yuri forever.

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

It was a good chapter, but I don't understand its title. "Japanese Rowan"? What is that?

To reply you must either login or sign up.