Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions (2022-)

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021
Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Proposal for a "family life" tag! I'm not sure where to best draw the line for when something is a theme versus an episode, but I was thinking works like AniYome and I Hope It's Sunny Tomorrow would certainly qualify, and then there are some that are more uncertain?

not at all asking because I'm considering a series that might have 0 tags if not for this one's appearance heh

Ohana Holoholo and Ikoku Nikki seem like other obvious ones.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/20337-after-school-mate-discussion?page=5

Kinda derailed to start being pages long paragraphs about wierd theroies about trans people, what causes "trans" and what they need to feel and what surgoeries they need to really count as their gender.

dont know if rule breaking but it's hard to talk about the manga there and feels wierd.

as its the secong time, maybe a offtopic forum post with links to wikipedia or orther sites about trans topics can be made, so if anyone has actual questions, they can go there and people dont write "trust me bro"-essays about weird trans-theories.

I could make it/provide a bunch of wiki/youtube and other links myself.

This is a repost cause I deleted it cause I thought it died down, but its still going on.

last edited at Jan 30, 2023 7:06PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021
joined Jun 5, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/20337-after-school-mate-discussion?page=5

Kinda derailed to start being pages long paragraphs about wierd theroies about trans people, what causes "trans" and what they need to feel and what surgoeries they need to really count as their gender.

dont know if rule breaking but it's hard to talk about the manga there and feels wierd.

as its the secong time, maybe a offtopic forum post with links to wikipedia or orther sites about trans topics can be made, so if anyone has actual questions, they can go there and people dont write "trust me bro"-essays about weird trans-theories.

This is a repost cause I deleted it cause I thought it died down, but its still going on.

"Trust me bro" is one of the most cited sources in science ever - used by laymen and experts alike - hence making it one of the most trustworthy sources as well.

Source: Trust me bro

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

More of the same spam

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

YuriPanda posted:

Thanks for posting. Sorry it took a while. I've cleaned the thread. Rules 9 and 11 certainly applied to a good portion of those comments.

It's probably more like the hundredth. I'm not sure how I (or others) feel about Dynasty-curated educational content at the moment. The suggestion does appear to be worth thinking about more deeply though. If you wish to pursue either of those on your own time I won't stop you, but I can't offer any guarantee they will amount to much on our end.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Caught up to one manga today and upon realizing that it had multiple released chapters in past month and I had it on subscribed, I went and checked and saw that I got no notification mails since April 2022, there's nothing in my spam either, even though in my settings I have notification e-mails enabled. Is the feature broken or is that just my profile issue?

The feature is broken, unfortunately. There will be a news post when it is fixed.

jq- posted:

Proposal for a "family life" tag! I'm not sure where to best draw the line for when something is a theme versus an episode, but I was thinking works like AniYome and I Hope It's Sunny Tomorrow would certainly qualify, and then there are some that are more uncertain?

not at all asking because I'm considering a series that might have 0 tags if not for this one's appearance heh

I like that proposal.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

Is there a specific reason blacklist tags are limited to only five? I feel like I have to juggle exactly what five I have to properly filter what content I see, and even then there's some stuff that won't get filtered regardless of how I finagle things

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I think this qualifies as inverted nipples as well
https://dynasty-scans.com/images/23997?tag_id=10240

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I think there should be a clearer distinction between series that were actually cancelled and series where only the translation was discontinued.

Ohana Holoholo and Ikoku Nikki seem like other obvious ones.

I thought I had already suggested Ohana Holoholo for this tag. I guess I never actually posted my comment.

Also, I already pointed it out before, but Chorimokki has basically stopped writing/drawing Yuri. I think her description should be updated to reflect that.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Hi could you delete this account please?

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I'm confused by what appears to be erroneous results from my "suggestions" tab in my account. I went to check on the couple of suggestions I've made and found no records of them, but in their place I found a single rejected tag suggestion I never made for a manga I have never read?!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Requesting either a celebrity and/or actor/actress tag;

Examples:
Long-Awaited Feelings
My Mom’s A Superstar
Miss Gu and Miss Qu
Your True Color
An Aside Told to You
Your Scent is a Little Sweet

last edited at Feb 13, 2023 4:14AM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/images/25872 Could we please not repost things against the creators' expressed wishes, especially when it's literally written in big letters right on the picture? It feels a bit crass.

last edited at Feb 13, 2023 9:34PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Judging by the content of their posts, there's about a 98% chance this user is a spambot about to edit in links later as usual: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=89282

edit: Looks like it went with a new spam topic instead.

last edited at Feb 14, 2023 9:05AM

F1f9580760e2f010c7d05e82a45c2fa9fa60836f7c2cbd4dff4ad54834c9eeab-min
joined Aug 26, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/images/25872 Could we please not repost things against the creators' expressed wishes, especially when it's literally written in big letters right on the picture? It feels a bit crass.

You realize almost all doujins prohibit reposts in their foreword or colophon, right? And the magazines and serials where the rest of the works on this site originate also explicitly prohibit redistribution.

last edited at Feb 14, 2023 10:49AM

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

You realize almost all doujins prohibit reposts in their foreword or colophon, right? And the magazines and serials where the rest of the works on this site originate also explicitly prohibit redistribution.

Those doujins and magazines also are produced solely in Japanese, with no way for non-Japanese-speaking individuals to read them even if they were to jump through the hoops to obtain them. We're talking about an artist who specifically wrote in English to please not repost their work. I also think it seems extremely disrespectful to ignore their request.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Those doujins and magazines also are produced solely in Japanese, with no way for non-Japanese-speaking individuals to read them even if they were to jump through the hoops to obtain them. We're talking about an artist who specifically wrote in English to please not repost their work. I also think it seems extremely disrespectful to ignore their request.

Then your argument should be about sales and royalties, not respect or disrespect. The only reason the site is not flooded with takedown request from Japanese artists without English releases is because they are unaware of its existence. The moment they become aware, they do what Nekomura just did. Fact is, you are disrespecting those same Japanese artists just as much, you are only using the language barrier as a thin excuse. The vast majority of those artists are decidedly not fine with sites such as Dynasty hosting their art, regardless of the availability or lack thereof of official English releases of their works. If it is really about respecting them, you should not be on a pirate site to begin with.

last edited at Feb 14, 2023 12:59PM

F1f9580760e2f010c7d05e82a45c2fa9fa60836f7c2cbd4dff4ad54834c9eeab-min
joined Aug 26, 2020

So just because you can't read the text, you can disrespect the wishes of the artist? I'm not saying anything should be removed from the reader, I'm saying it seems incredibly hypocritical (and perhaps even somewhat discriminatory) to suggest that the work of one artist is due more consideration than another, simply because of the language they speak. If Dynasty wants to respect the request of this artist, it would seem they should also respect the wishes of all other artists whose works are hosted on the reader. And that would mean the removal of a great majority of the content on here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.