Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions (2022-)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

It doesn't rise to the level of anything quite yet, but I feel like the discussion on https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/20438-girls-complex-a-la-mode-discussion?page=2 probably bears watching. It's veered off-topic and into some comments that aren't quite transphobic, but definitely are leaning in that direction.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

hi, am from the above mentioned page.
The whole thing kinda makes me feel like I should hide being trans next time, as to not spark a "discussion/long texts" that boil down to "trans women aren't 100% women and thus I shouldn't feel bad about certain lines"
I didn't reply more there because I don't wanna make myself feel more bad.

last edited at Dec 18, 2022 2:44AM

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Called it :v

I would like to echo Panda’s sentiment. I think the unfortunate thing is that there could have been a really interesting and productive discussion about the topic since those lines are definitely worth analysing, but it was derailed by a single user (and later by two others) making repeated straw man and sealioning arguments — and now we have a precedent for not beïng able to discuss trans issues on Dynasty without angry people showing up searching to inject their general disdain towards trans people in the discussion.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Gellydog posted:

It doesn't rise to the level of anything quite yet, but I feel like the discussion on https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/20438-girls-complex-a-la-mode-discussion?page=2 probably bears watching. It's veered off-topic and into some comments that aren't quite transphobic, but definitely are leaning in that direction.

Someone hadn't taken care of this already? The initial report was four days old when I'd seen it so I skipped over it thinking someone had dealt with it already.

It seems like Green777 hasn't posted since the initial report and while BattleBardOchre's continued post isn't what I'd call good it seems like the discussion has more or less died down. For the time being I'll let it go since most of the discussion looks to be almost a week old but if people continue posting stupid shit, report it here. Transphobia has been an issue with some users in the past to the point that the updated rules addressed it and it's not tolerated here. To quote the rules:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/651079

1.) First, and above all, remember that everyone is here to have fun and enjoy yuri together. Being overly aggressive, insulting, or generally a jerk is against the rules. This includes:

-Hate speech, racism, sexism, etc. By the same token, do not refer to trans people and/or crossdressers as "traps."

11.) Homophobia, biphobia, and transphobia are grounds for immediate removal from the site. These sentiments are acceptable under precisely zero circumstances.

If people do post anything you believe to be transphobic, feel free to point them to the post I linked regarding the rules in addition to reporting it here.

last edited at Dec 18, 2022 12:45PM

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Someone hadn't taken care of this already? The initial report was four days old when I'd seen it so I skipped over it thinking someone had dealt with it already.

It seems like Green777 hasn't posted since the initial report and while BattleBardOchre's continued post isn't what I'd call good it seems like the discussion has more or less died down.

It definitely had died down a bit, I mostly reacted because of the two new users who posted. (choosing this to be the first topic they engaged in felt like a red flag...) I was concerned that it was going to flare up again and wanted to make sure someone was watching it, because, as the others have said, the whole discussion is very discouraging and frustrating.

Phone
joined Jul 23, 2020

Hello, I've been trying to reset my password for the past day since I deleted it from my laptop accidentally and now I can't log back in on it. I tried the forgotten password option in the login, but everytime I type my email in I don't receive any instructions or anything. It's not me typing my email incorrectly or giving the wrong one, the feature just doesn't work. Could this be fixed, please?

joined Apr 12, 2020

Hi. I've been uploading chapters of this series, but I made a mistake with chapters 22-24. These belong to volume 3, not volume 2. Can a volume 3 section be created and have these chapters moved there?

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_veranda_of_madoka

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Dubious Consent - Not quite sure where to draw the lines with this one, interested in seeing examples of how other sites institute it, if any folks have specific examples they like.

Nobody seems to have offered potential criteria for this, so I'll take a crack at it.

I don't have a specific example of how other sites institute it, but in my mind there's three main categories that fall under Dubious Consent:
1. Situations where it is narratively ambiguous and unclear to the audience whether something is consensual or not; it can be read either way.
2. Situations of compromised consent (e.g. "consent" under conditions of coercion, manipulation, extreme power imbalance, altered mental states, etc.) that would generally be considered de facto nonconsensual irl, but where the narrative uses its ability to "see inside" characters heads to reassure us that the character being coerced or manipulated actually does want to consent, or otherwise takes a "no harm no foul" narrative approach.
3. Situations where both characters involved are being coerced, are under altered mental states, etc. (e.g. fuck-or-die scenarios, Escape Room setups that put narrative emphasis on reluctance or coercion, some stories involving aphrodisiacs).

Don't have examples to hand for the other types, but Even If It Was Just Once, I Regret It seems like a good example of case 2 where a Dubious Consent warning would be nice. Some "fluffy blackmail" stories might fall under this category too, at least in the early chapters.

That said, there are some other setups that I would consider clearly dubcon that don't quite fall under any of those three categories (e.g. Character A is mind-controlled into propositioning Character B, Character B accepts without realizing that Character A is being mind-controlled), but I'm having trouble formulating a general rule that includes all of them.

last edited at Dec 23, 2022 4:05PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

^Am almost too perfect example for 1 would be Their Secret Time, which changes considerably in that regard depending on which of our two main characters the reader attributes the internal monologue to.

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

This might be a specific request, but is there a better way to display or link to groups particular manga artists are in? It's hard to get to say, hyper kettle yesterdays stuff from the authors page, as only one is in its grouped form, and otherwise its just the individual chapters under each author.

It would be nice to have either a side link to the groups work, or just have all of the groups stuff on each of the authors pages.

HKYs stuff in particular seems really disjointed, which is why I bring it up.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

They're back with another wall that includes accusations against the mods that I believe need to be addressed directly.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

Is there a way to export out favorite lists?

Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

(sorry I only check here to make suggestions and never check again oops)

[...] my question was: Is it desirable to have a tag whose primary use (I'm assuming!) will be to mark individual chapters within long series?

I think for me, "Festival" would be a similar tag to "Christmas" or "Valentine's", where it marks events or motifs in a story? Or maybe said in another way, I can see an argument that those tags are more of themes than individual markers......but also often show as markers for longer series? I'm not super attached to the idea though, so I'm mostly talking out loud rather than strongly fighting for this!

(Selfishly, I also like tags like that because when I re-read my favourite series, it makes it easier to organise in my mind where the story was, and jump to specific chapters.......)

Unrelated, I'd like to suggest "Makeup" and (or?) "Fashion" as a tag as well. At the very least, I know Yuri Project are working on a series that would like a tag like that...

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

They're back with another wall that includes accusations against the mods that I believe need to be addressed directly.

Please someone do something about this person. I am really tired of the countless sea-lioning mile long treatises where it's just bigoted dogwhistle after bigoted dogwhistle. "We all have a right to our own spaces" my foot.

joined Feb 1, 2021

okay but wtf is sea-lioning

last edited at Dec 27, 2022 2:41PM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

okay but wtf is sea-lioning

I mean you really could just google it but I'll give you a few links

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning: Here's the wikipedia page for it

http://wondermark.com/1k62/: Here's a link to the webcomic where the term got its source

joined Feb 1, 2021

What an interesting little bit of internet etymology, thank you. I think I must have seen that comic a long time ago without realizing it gave a name to a real phenomenon.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022
52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

The female Sun & Moon Protagonist's official name is Selene, so I feel that should take precedence over "Moon" in the couple names.
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/lillie_x_moon
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/lusamine_x_moon
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/acerola_x_moon

last edited at Jan 1, 2023 7:56PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Mr. Jones posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=88106

spam

Mr. Jones posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=88237
Spam

Taken care of.

DumShork posted:

Lizstar posted:

Please someone do something about this person. I am really tired of the countless sea-lioning mile long treatises where it's just bigoted dogwhistle after bigoted dogwhistle. "We all have a right to our own spaces" my foot.

Looks like Casusby has taken care of it already. I've been busy with family the past few days so I wasn't around to see this until now.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

I'd like to delete my account please.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I think there could maybe be some differentiation between series that are actually currently released and series that have already finished in Japan but still being translated?

Yuri Danshi isn't currently releasing, for example.

To reply you must either login or sign up.