Forum › Childhood Sweetheart Liaoliao discussion

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Pei will absolutely take advantage of this, she must know that he's her actual brother.

Just wanna clarify, she's calling him "bro" out of (presumably platonic) familiarity, not because he's actually related to her.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Very Queer indeed. Best lean into it~

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

The chapter title is just a little bit on the nose...

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

Omg they actually talk to eachother and just ask instead of making drama. Love it!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Those chibi art remind me of Maple story. I love 'em.

So did Pei Yu make the deal with the devil or did she actually do her research to land as close to Liaoiao as possible? Because you have stars aligning for you and then you have this kind of scenario.

Oh well, I'm not complaining. I do enjoy this. I also like the fake relationship bit. It's an easy foreshadowing with some fresh drama on the horizon.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So did Pei Yu make the deal with the devil or did she actually do her research to land as close to Liaoiao as possible? Because you have stars aligning for you and then you have this kind of scenario.

I think Pei Yu is still a lovable dork on the inside, but covers it up with a mask of smooth and cultivated sophistication demanded by her professional standing.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Why is everyone in chinese manga so damn hot. Whew

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well, at least it makes sense here, since they're all supposed to be in photo models, etc.

Also, what is it about the phrase "this time, it's for real" that just screams "nope, this time ain't it, either"? :'D

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

"Where's that scent of plum blossom coming from ?"

Hahaha. I loved this chapter. Xing teasing Liaoliao with her "friend" and telling her not to play dumb was already very nice to see. But the last part with the telegraphed falling in love got me grinning wide all the way.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Ahh I love it when my Queers wear their heart on their sleeves while also being quite perceptive. Xing best girl~

Pei Yu is a bit stalkery and is not as emotionally adjusted (likely from her "failed" first love). It's pretty mild though and is ripe for potential character development. And hey, a little bit of manipulation and stalking is okay if the other person is into you. Hope it doesn't escalate or at least, I hope it gets addressed. Liaoliao has a sense of what's going on at least.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Wow, they use a meme.
Now love triangle?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Aaand just like that Liaoliao is forgotten and all the readers want to focus on Ren Xing and Hua Fang.

Maybe because most stories are about idol singers, actresses and supermodels?

Also, what is it about the phrase "this time, it's for real" that just screams "nope, this time ain't it, either"? :'D

The implication is that she tends to fall in "love" with pretty girls at first sight but it usually turns out to be just a passing crush -- but this time she's convinced it's true love for real.

And I'm certain that yes, this time it's going to be true love. Because that's how manhua work.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is Hua Fang supposed to be someone we already know?

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Oh baby,a meme.

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

^
Looks like Lawrence Ng from the TVB series Healing Hands.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

I love Ren Xing already

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Reminds me of some Donna Summer lyrics: "THIS TIME I KNOW IT'S FOR REAL!"

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Interesting turn with the Mom. Lots of characters being introduced all at once, but at least they're doing a decent enough job of it compared to some others I've read.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Interesting turn with the Mom. Lots of characters being introduced all at once, but at least they're doing a decent enough job of it compared to some others I've read.

Yeah, it's much easier to keep track of side characters when they are introduced after the MCs have been firmly established, than when everyone is front-loaded at once. Composition-wise, it's one of the better strips I've read.

last edited at Feb 16, 2023 4:53AM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

^
Looks like Lawrence Ng from the TVB series Healing Hands.

Nice.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Keep trying Pei Yu! Good start with the cooking showcase!

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

For some reason this series manages to juggle with the hard art of "convenient seduction/confession blocks" quite well. You can't be mad because everything is so pretty, cute or just funny.

God, this is so adorable!!!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Pei Yu is a strategist, developing a long term seduction campaign, which she will likely succeed at because a) Liao is already head-over-heels for her (see: Idiot couple), and b) Liao is only capable of localized counter-offensives wherever Pei Yu overextends her supply lines, like in the body wash case. As long as as Pei Yu keeps developing her advance across the whole front as she has been until now, each individual "confession block" will inevitably end up enveloped and smothered into non-existence.

Also, love the supportive shipper mom. :-)

last edited at Feb 18, 2023 2:55AM

joined Dec 13, 2018

Pei Yu is a strategist, developing a long term seduction campaign, which she will likely succeed at because a) Liao is already head-over-heels for her (see: Idiot couple), and b) Liao is only capable of localized counter-offensives wherever Pei Yu overextends her supply lines, like in the body wash case. As long as as Pei Yu keeps developing her advance across the whole front as she has been until now, each individual "confession block" will inevitably end up enveloped and smothered into non-existence.

Also, love the supportive shipper mom. :-)

Ah, but will Pei Yu prove capable in operational art, thus avoiding the status of disaster lesbian, or will her offensive prematurely culminate into piecemeal attempts at flirtation, with long operational pauses to recuperate from embarrassment? We've seen a steady operational tempo with the seduction tempo so far, and Pei Yu seems to possess unity of horny command, but a lack of tactical experience may lead to failure to penetrate Liao Liao and her defenses.

To reply you must either login or sign up.