Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Can she do whales?

Don't be ridiculous.

Whales aren't fish.

Yes... A megalodon however.

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

If you find someone like that, who accepts you and even all your faults, you keep them and you keep them close, ya never know if ya gonna find someone like that again.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

So when she fell in love she vomited a carp with a heart on it

When she wanted to kiss she vomited up a bunch of kisu that kissed

I wonder what she'd vomit up if she got horny

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Can she vomit up different species ? Can she do whales? Octopus?squid? So many questions.

Considering that she ended up in a hospital with a dislocated jaw because she threw up a large carp, I imagine the results of her throwing up anything larger would be rather horrifying...

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Can she vomit up different species ? Can she do whales? Octopus?squid? So many questions.

Considering that she ended up in a hospital with a dislocated jaw because she threw up a large carp, I imagine the results of her throwing up anything larger would be rather horrifying...

This makes me think of the girl from the movie Slither.

"THE LITTLE FUCKERS ARE TEARING ME APART!"

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Wait wooooo~~~~~~~~~t?!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The fish are a metaphor for social anxiety

I think that was just the case for the big carp that dislocated her jaw. When she confessed, it was a different species, whose Japanese pronunciation was a pun on "kissing" (plus, the fish literally kissed as well). It seems the various fish species represent different emotional states, social anxiety being just one of them. Note that she says people started avoiding her because of the fish vomiting, there are no indications she was a social outcast or that she was particularly anxious before this point.

I read it as a metaphor for being queer. Once she started vomiting fish, as in once she came out, people starting avoiding her. Tsucchi stays with her because vomiting fish, or being queer, doesn't bother her. Myaako thinks she might be cured of her fish vomiting, or queerness, if she kisses the person she likes. And in the end, it's not something that can be cured.

See also "Still Sick" for another work that compares queerness and sickness.

Why would kissing a girl cure her of being queer?
I read the kissing scene as she made up an excuse first because she wasn't confident enough to confess

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

I like this a lot. Feels vaguely like a Dowman Sayman comic.

The fish are a metaphor for social anxiety

I think that was just the case for the big carp that dislocated her jaw. When she confessed, it was a different species, whose Japanese pronunciation was a pun on "kissing" (plus, the fish literally kissed as well). It seems the various fish species represent different emotional states, social anxiety being just one of them. Note that she says people started avoiding her because of the fish vomiting, there are no indications she was a social outcast or that she was particularly anxious before this point.

I read it as a metaphor for being queer. Once she started vomiting fish, as in once she came out, people starting avoiding her. Tsucchi stays with her because vomiting fish, or being queer, doesn't bother her. Myaako thinks she might be cured of her fish vomiting, or queerness, if she kisses the person she likes. And in the end, it's not something that can be cured.

See also "Still Sick" for another work that compares queerness and sickness.

This is closer to my interpretation, but I also think social anxiety fits decently well. More generally, I think it works as a stand-in for anything about a person that causes them to be isolated from others.

joined Oct 22, 2020

Ah yes, what the fuck am I reading, my beloved tag that I dread but still always click

Lcwgnwr
joined Jan 4, 2022

Can she do whales?

Don't be ridiculous.

Whales aren't fish.

My life is a lie

joined Sep 2, 2022

Im eating rn help

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

This made me remember a short story named "Letter to a young lady in Paris" by Julio Cortazar, a writer from my country, about a guy who lives on the girl's house and one day started vomiting little bunnies. The bunnies were alive, ten of them, and became a problem for the man. Apparently the bunnies represent something... But I don't remember well now-

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

This has some real Tatsuki Fujimoto vibes for me. The sketchy style, the expressions (especially how it almost looks like the characters were photographed mid-syllable), and the bizarre premise all make me think that this author is at least a little influenced by Fujimoto's work

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Look on the bright side, they could open a fish market and become rich.

last edited at Jan 19, 2023 12:08PM

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

joined Jul 23, 2014

I guess she's... a catch

joined Apr 16, 2022

People here asking why the government isn't interested in a girl who can create matter, but we can assume that in this universe high schoolers vomiting foreign objects is a common enough occurrence that people are used to the phenomenon, even if they bully the poor teenagers who contract this fate.

Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

gonna take a wild guess and say their first kiss probably didn't taste like lemons

But... Lemon juice on fish (fried) is good for health!! (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠) Nutritionist words (which I'm not) xD

last edited at Jan 26, 2023 5:02AM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

So when she fell in love she vomited a carp with a heart on it

When she wanted to kiss she vomited up a bunch of kisu that kissed

I wonder what she'd vomit up if she got horny

Dolphin!

wholesomeholic
joined Mar 30, 2020

if early tatsuki fujimoto did yuri manga:

To reply you must either login or sign up.