Forum › A chilly shining light discussion

C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

Aww, this is just really sweet and cute! It honestly gives off poly vibes and I absolutely adore it

edit: ...it gives off poly vibes because it's part of a poly yuri anthology lmao, can't wait for the rest of it!

last edited at Dec 28, 2022 6:25AM

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

In case anyone got curious about the mention of Plutarch in the credit page, he's a Greek philosopher, historian and biographer who lived in late first century CE in the og Roman Empire; Plutarch's famous for the series of biographies named Parallel Lives, and in the first volume, Life of Theseus, he wrote about the "Ship of Theseus", the paradox/debate over whether or not a ship that has had all of components replaced one by one would remain the same ship.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh hell yeah this was great. Let's all get matching rings that change over time as they break and are fixed over and over again so that in the end the three of us will be wearing three completely different rings but they'll still be our matching rings forever. Fun little metaphor for how you can change as time passes but the relationship you're in holds strong even as everyone in it has become a completely different person from who they were back then.

joined Aug 1, 2022

So sweet!

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Aw ;-;

joined Sep 6, 2018

Cute, and good moral story: the promise to stay together and commitment to do so.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It just means it takes effort to maintain a relationship alive.

Ages old lesson.

last edited at Dec 28, 2022 10:54AM

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

So the commonly cited example of "you replace all the cells in your body roughly every 7 years" is only sorta accurate; there's a few exceptions to that that make it a poor example of the Ship of Theseus. Some of your nerve cells (like, in your brain) don't actually get replaced very often, if at all. Women don't produce more ova over the course of their life, so until menopause, those are a static set of cells that aren't replaced over time.

You could argue that the component molecules in those cells are being replaced as natural processes occur, but it is not infeasible that a few of the component molecules in your body (like, say, the DNA in your nerve cells), could survive from the moment of birth/conception/whatever until the point where you die.

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Lemonade (Poly Yuri Anthology). The tagline was "Sweet and happy love stories featuring 3 people or more."
An anthology organised by Canno

Of course it's Canno.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

A poly anthology?! Count me in!

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

Wow, these girls must be very close friends!

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

In case anyone got curious about the mention of Plutarch in the credit page, he's a Greek philosopher, historian and biographer who lived in late first century CE in the og Roman Empire; Plutarch's famous for the series of biographies named Parallel Lives, and in the first volume, Life of Theseus, he wrote about the "Ship of Theseus", the paradox/debate over whether or not a ship that has had all of components replaced one by one would remain the same ship.

WandaVision finale strikes again

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Very cute

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

So the commonly cited example [...] Women don't produce more ova over the course of their life, so until menopause, those are a static set of cells that aren't replaced over time.

Right... and men do?

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Learning philosophy in the forums of Dynasty Scans, where I consume all the necessary information to live my life

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The credit page gave me even more positive feelings than the manga itself. Finally, a lifetime of educating myself in useless fields is paying off. XD

joined Dec 10, 2021

The (yuri) ship of theseus

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yuriadne's thread.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Gotta love Ship Of Theseus.

The real fun part about it is if you then take all the old bits that you removed from the ship and make an exact duplicate of the original design.

"Which ship is the original/more original,the one you took the parts off until there's no starting part left,or the copy made of all the starting parts?"

If you replace all the parts on a ring,and then use those removed parts to make a copy of the original design,which is the original ring?

If you remove all the starting aspects of a relationship with someone,and then have those starting aspects instilled someone elses' relation,which was the relation you fell in love with?

Refer to this for a better look into this paradox,timestamp important.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Very sweet :,)

joined Dec 18, 2016

I read that with markiplier voice somehow.

edit: found the audio

last edited at Dec 30, 2022 7:38PM

joined Feb 10, 2022

It doesn't feel poly nor yuri. More like close friends

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

It doesn't feel poly nor yuri. More like close friends

Well it's in a poly yuri anthology so it's poly yuri

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I read that with markiplier voice somehow.

edit: found the audio

Glad I'm not the only one that thought of that. But the one I heard was when they were doing improve or something and he brought it up, so Wade said "change", but he kept bringing it up

To reply you must either login or sign up.