Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

Someone explain it to me? I'm more lost than a knife in a soup bowl.

Me too.
Nice avatar, BTW.

Thank you! I love the actor, and I love the character, and I love how one played the other in that movie. :D

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Someone explain it to me? I'm more lost than a knife in a soup bowl.

Me too.

I understand some things. Not everything, but some things.
Onibi is the queen of anthropomorphizing. In her manga, she loves to turn inanimate objects into human-like beings. All her stories follow that basic premise.
In this strip, she is anthropomorphizing the book and the string. The book opens, the string gets into the book and the book closes again—and in Onibi's mind it all turns into a fantasy of a character opening their legs to be sexually penetrated by another character.
The one thing I don't get is the gender of the characters. Onibi usually writes BL, but the book seem to play a female role... and Shiori (the name of the string) is a female name too...

And I have no clue what "Supin" is and why it is a better name than Shiori.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Shiori (栞) means bookmark. Shiori can also be a name, usually feminine.

Supin (スピン) can refer to the ribbon bookmark that is bound to a book, like the one Onibi is playing with.

last edited at Dec 8, 2022 9:37AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

This chapter makes me want to see more interactions between these two.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Mirror-chan best waifu

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Mirror-chan deserves someone who'll treat her right :(

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

Always great to see Honoka and Kaoru interactions, the two are so different personality wise so it’s nice to see their dynamics collide

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kayriss posted:

Always great to see Honoka and Kaoru interactions, the two are so different personality wise so it’s nice to see their dynamics collide

Yeah and their home is the only non romantic/sexual event we get from this series (well, perhaps the manga club shenanigans also count) but veeeeeery rarely and I love it so much, it's so cozy I want more.

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

This chapter is just dumb.
Guess KT was feeling lazy and just drew whatever in five minutes.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

That's a bit harsh. It's just a slice-of-life chapter- that's kind of the point of the mini-chapters.

I actually like these sister-focused chapters with Kaoru and Honoka, no matter how plotless. These interactions are the only time I can find any like for Kaoru as a character, actually. I hate her as a friend and a love interest, but I love how great of a sister she is to Honoka, and just seeing their sister dynamic in general. Considering these mini-chapters never have much plot regardless, I'd actually personally like to see more of these two in them, since there's never enough for a full chapter and they're just little cute, funny moments.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's called "Mini" chapter for a reason.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Freenbeckforever posted:

Wow, that's a comment.
For how I saw it, this mini shows that Kaoru has a twisted sense of shame, which is in line with her twisted morals. And in a few pages conveyed that this is a generalized way of her being.
But hey, maybe it's just dumb.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

The credits page seems like something Onibi would come up with

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I genuinely like Kaoru when she's like this, genuinely cute.
But this is why her sister is better because she's cute all the time with moments of being a chad instead of being a vampire.

joined Dec 7, 2017

I genuinely like Kaoru when she's like this, genuinely cute.
But this is why her sister is better because she's cute all the time with moments of being a chad instead of being a vampire.

Lol same! These comics are the only time I genuinely like Kaoru. She very clearly loves her little sister, and even though she's mostly useless, as Honoka says, she's a really good big sister when it counts, like when she uses her wish for Honoka in the new year chapter. And we see in another chapter that Kaoru is (so far) the only truly loving and supportive family Honoka has- even the mother, while she doesn't seem neglectful, seems to compare her to Kaoru.

I loved the chapter where Elisha pushed Honoka into making her blush (for heat or whatever- it was a shameless excuse, lol). She was just channeling pure Kaoru (other than height and vaguel hairstyle, that's the only time I've really seen the resemblance between yhe two), proving there's just lady-killer blood in the Yamada family genetics.

joined Jul 29, 2022

Finally first pair having sex now i must wait to see what willl be with others Ayano x Miyoshi will probably start going out in the last chapter

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

As far as '' weird dreams about school'' goes, this is pretty darn tame ! She's lucky if you ask me :P

last edited at Dec 17, 2022 5:33PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Just do it

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

No! Miyoshi it's a warning! "This could be you!" sort of thing! Don't do it!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It means you're gay.

joined Oct 19, 2022

It means you're gay.

Miyoshi: "Omg you guessed right! You're psychic!"

joined Feb 1, 2021

As far as '' weird dreams about school'' goes, this is pretty darn tame ! She's lucky if you ask me :P

Yeah whenever I have a dream like that I'm always missing my pants or my underwear or my teeth or something

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Oh my, very flirty

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

going from ayano x miyoshi chapter to ai x chie really gives you gay whiplash that'll snap your head clean off

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Get it right Chie, Ai is a CHAD

To reply you must either login or sign up.