Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

would be funny if music somehow gets the other girl a girlfriend too

the side couple will be Aya's gyaru friends

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

ok, this is officially my favorite chapter.. if someone stood up for me like that i would melt. its so hot my solids would become liquids. and the fucking elbow touch?? hmmhmm some good shit right there sign me tf up! and then the normie at the end being inspired to actually listen to the song. this whole chapter is a cute goldmine.

joined Dec 4, 2017

As of this comic getting dropped the WILLOW - Coping Mechanism (visuals) video has 73k views. Curious how high it'll get now.

75 a of right now

we have spoken! let's make it to 80k!

oh god this reads like a tumblr post XD

last edited at Dec 5, 2022 12:36AM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I think it would be funnier if she's just in full rockstar getup next time they meet her. Leather jackets, piercings, black nail polish and all. Completely fallen for the genre

joined Dec 4, 2017

I think it would be funnier if she's just in full rockstar getup next time they meet her. Leather jackets, piercings, black nail polish and all. Completely fallen for the genre

you could be a comedy writer! just thinking about that happening is sending me XD

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

that isnt willow as in willow smith is it right? like... "I thought it was a good idea to collab with known pedo Machine Gun Kelly" on a hacky, creeper pop punk song, willow smith??? worrisome taste lol... i stepped in bizarro world bc i thought yall millennial dad rock heads would not be down with her at all.

last edited at Dec 5, 2022 2:13AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

For some reason she already gave me that vibe, ngl. Imagine we get a picture of the 5 (Aya&Mitsuki + Narita + Mika&Friend #1) in the future and she’s dressing exactly like a punk rock fan bc ofc she would have become addicted

joined Mar 21, 2017

that isnt willow as in willow smith is it right? like... "I thought it was a good idea to collab with known pedo Machine Gun Kelly" on a hacky, creeper pop punk song, willow smith??? worrisome taste lol... i stepped in bizarro world bc i thought yall millennial dad rock heads would not be down with her at all.

I've kinda held back to be honest.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

If I like a song, then I like a song. The backstory of the artist doesn't really affect that for me. I'd have to cut out a lot of the music I like if I let that kind of thing affect what I listen to.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Finally - we've reached Cancel Culture style of commentary ;)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

If I like a song, then I like a song. The backstory of the artist doesn't really affect that for me. I'd have to cut out a lot of the music I like if I let that kind of thing affect what I listen to.

After thinking about this for a while some time ago, my stance is essentially this: I understand TV/radio not playing songs of problematic artists (e.g. most famously the R.Kelly ban), since they do make money from this, but I can still listen to anything I want on my own since this will not be beneficial to them in any way (whether I want to is another question).

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Finally - we've reached Cancel Culture style of commentary ;)

As if this comment section needed any more chaos lol

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

After thinking about this for a while some time ago, my stance is essentially this: I understand TV/radio not playing songs of problematic artists (e.g. most famously the R.Kelly ban), since they do make money from this, but I can still listen to anything I want on my own since this will not be beneficial to them in any way (whether I want to is another question).

If you hate the artist, just pirate

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

and to @Hamshams, don't be afraid on comment with us. we're all music fanatics here. and being giddy with this pairing.

Oki! Ty! Yes, normally I dont coment in music because Im new in this genre even tho I have my years hahaha I was always in the japanese/pop music, and a lot of dysney stuff hahaha Just this two last years started to listen more songs like these so this manga was a "wow! great time!" feeling xD So yes, really happy about the playlist so that way I can hear a lot of songs I never hear <3

that's the fucking spirit! dive right in and never look back!

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

As of this comic getting dropped the WILLOW - Coping Mechanism (visuals) video has 73k views. Curious how high it'll get now.

75 a of right now

we have spoken! let's make it to 80k!

oh god this reads like a tumblr post XD

it certainly does now that you mention it

joined Nov 24, 2022

ok, this is officially my favorite chapter.. if someone stood up for me like that i would melt. its so hot my solids would become liquids. and the fucking elbow touch?? hmmhmm some good shit right there sign me tf up! and then the normie at the end being inspired to actually listen to the song. this whole chapter is a cute goldmine.

THAT ELBOW TOUCH was almost NFSW in my heart xD! but really this chapter was great, it's the first time we get to see them getting along during school time and comfortable with it

joined Jan 14, 2020

"No gap", huh? Is that what you kids are calling it these days?

"Remember to leave room for Madokami."

joined Dec 4, 2017

THAT ELBOW TOUCH was almost NFSW in my heart xD! but really this chapter was great, it's the first time we get to see them getting along during school time and comfortable with it

JSDLJF I KNOW RIGHT?? I WAS FLUSTERED OVER HERE XD and your profile pic has me in tears XD i feel so called out lol

joined Mar 21, 2017

Excuse me, when did PunkRock get renamed to PopPunk?

PopPunk sounds like a slur punk purists would use against punk bands that decides to make nice sounding music

Pop punk has always been a thing. There is a pretty clear difference between punk music and pop-punk music especially in the lyrical content. In the end though it's just a categorization used to differenciate the DIY anti political origins of punk and the more teenage angsty music of pop-punk.

Don't get too hung up about it, if you like pop-punk then just keep listening to it cause all that matters is what you enjoy.

last edited at Dec 6, 2022 12:42AM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

its funny youd say cancel culture when eminem, known to whine about it as well n recent years (LOL), was the one to brutally tear down MGK for actually creeping on his underage daughter. He wouldn't have done that and destroyed him to the point of quitting rap if there wasn't actual merit to the claim. anyways if you like pop punk and didnt listen to either of the TWO dynastic albums this year (!!!) you goofed up because that's the most life the genre has ever had in some time for how "in-bounds" it stays within the genre compared to like... idk the whole trans hyperpop music scene right now reinventing pop for the umpteenth time .

last edited at Dec 6, 2022 2:16AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Not the same genre, but... wasn't Michael Jackson a pedophile? And people adore him so much, play him on the radio, call him king of pop... Blegh... My point is that society and especially media just doesn't seem to care in a lot of cases. Mainly if there's money involved. I still think the music can be good even if the person was an ass though.

Anyway very cute episode, and nice recommending some recent music. the album is not bad, but a bit too soft for my taste, lol. Wanna hear a fierce woman with nice growling. Try Lena Scissorhands (rec. song Opium). and then smash things up like Koga :D

last edited at Dec 6, 2022 6:32AM

joined Nov 24, 2022

JSDLJF I KNOW RIGHT?? I WAS FLUSTERED OVER HERE XD and your profile pic has me in tears XD i feel so called out lol

<3

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202022-06-19%20a%20la(s)%2023.19.48
joined Dec 21, 2016

i just wanted to say they made me obssesed with the latest willow's album

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Wingman detected! She's presented positively + open to change and new things + saw affectionate lesbians and approved (kinda). I'm betting that the gal trying willow is eventually going to be much-needed support in Aya's corner. This isn't a fresh theory, but I'm only onboard after this chapter. Though I'm still wary of the blond's reaction when Aya's crush on "Onii-san" outs her.

Coping Mechanism slaps btw. Someday I'll set hours aside to go through the 121+ pages of song recs, plus the playlist, because I'm getting more interesting music recommendations in this thread than from my other circles.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Wingman detected! She's presented positively + open to change and new things + saw affectionate lesbians and approved (kinda). I'm betting that the gal trying willow is eventually going to be much-needed support in Aya's corner. This isn't a fresh theory, but I'm only onboard after this chapter. Though I'm still wary of the blond's reaction when Aya's crush on "Onii-san" outs her.

Coping Mechanism slaps btw. Someday I'll set hours aside to go through the 121+ pages of song recs, plus the playlist, because I'm getting more interesting music recommendations in this thread than from my other circles.

Pssst, I am tooting my own horn but if you need a reference for the recs: https://bit.ly/3Uwo10Z

Also, I’ve always had the impression that Aya’s two friends would support her no matter what, but maybe one of her friends getting into the music genre will make her realise the nature of Aya and Mitsuki’s relationship (Mitsuki is “Onii-san” and Aya STILL has a crush). Could be through jealousy like how we saw her behave towards Narita, but this case it’d be more subtle (although, as her friend, the other girl would catch up ASAP)

last edited at Dec 7, 2022 6:14AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.