Forum › Akebi-chan's Sailor Uniform discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That face of complete defeat when she thought of her as mom, lol that's beyond "Do I admire? do I like her ?" she's above that xD well at least she didn't call her mom by accident, that would make her cringe out of existence.

Ah! I just noticed, we had 0 Akebi this time around, not even a mention of her.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

A mother, mentor and roommate. Damn hebimori does have the greatest supports

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

^^^ The entire class does have a nice, tightly knit dynamic going, which the anime played up even more. It really makes you want to be part of that group. I wish MY junior high days were that happy (^^) At that age, felling accepted makes all the difference in the world.

last edited at Sep 7, 2022 7:29PM

Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Just got done reading through the entire series so far. Oh my god...my heart...

This is so...so...so...HEARTWARMING!!!! I love it so much! Just (almost) non-stop positivity and happiness all throughout. I had watched the anime first and it was so sweet that I am actively wishing for a season 2 to happen someday. This more or less scratched my itch for Akebi goodness.

Also Komichi and Erika are only getting closer and closer to being girlfriends and I love it. I can't wait to see where this goes! I hope they become girlfriends at some point. They're one of the most heartwarming and cutest couples (duos?) ever, and I'm cheering for them all the way through.

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

Just finished watching the anime for the third time. Guess it's finally time to catch up on the manga lmao

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

KingZDj posted:

Just finished watching the anime for the third time. Guess it's finally time to catch up on the manga lmao

I'm sure you'll reach the part where you'll be like me and think "how the animators are going to handle THAT?!" because wheeew, it's gorgeous... Well, assuming a theoretical season 2

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

So, what is going on with the translation for this? It went on a long break.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

juanelric posted:

So, what is going on with the translation for this? It went on a long break.

There's only one more chapter in RAW so you're not missing much right now, I want to believe sensei is busy adapting a hypothetical season 2 for the anime and that's why there hasn't been updates regularly... but who knows.

Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Funny you say that, last month I watched the anime for a third time myself, and with a friend that watched it for a second time with me. Yet even on the rewatches, the heartwarming still got us every time! I'm looking forward to seeing the manga get updated, the world could use more Akebi sweetness!

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Half the school is already in love with Komichi and you're going to parade her in THAT outfit ? Are you trying to cause mass hysteria or something ? O_o

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Half the school is already in love with Komichi and you're going to parade her in THAT outfit ? Are you trying to cause mass hysteria or something ? O_o

Of course not. This isn't even her final form.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YES! it's been a while since we had some cool Akebi dance moves... also woooow those scenes that follow are great to alleviate the heavy topic I suppose wheeeeeeew nice w-water.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Funny you say that, last month I watched the anime for a third time myself, and with a friend that watched it for a second time with me. Yet even on the rewatches, the heartwarming still got us every time! I'm looking forward to seeing the manga get updated, the world could use more Akebi sweetness!

Anime adaptation is exceptionally good. I wish they'd make the entire manga in that format.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Plenty of tragedy there, but in the end such a lovely chapter on dealing with it.

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

Cute HNY illustration at the end

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

This was quite a heartbreaking chapter. Poor Togano...

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

This chapter puts tears in my eyes

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wooooow 76 pages!! OH MY GOD, no wonder there wasn't an update in a while this chapter required so much care and it worked, and by working I mean... I cried! wish I could dedicate more words to this chapter but it is a very delicate subject and is hard not to get personal talking about it.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

New years tears coming in so quickly...

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I lost my closest grandmother to leukemia at a young age, and I realized around two years ago that I couldn't remember her face or voice anymore. I don't cry a lot, as a 27 year old male, but I couldn't help it. It's such a scary thing, but we're capable of remembering events with what we think is such vivid detail, but with people, it's just not enough. It has to be perfect, and it's scary that it never can be, and even scarier that those memories fade with time.
Take photos and videos of the people you love. Record their voices. You'll be so much happier hearing them when they're gone, than you will when you realize you have no way to see or hear them again.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I can never understand how and why is this manga so good.
But I'm truly glad that this manga exists.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

My father passed I want to say some 9 years ago after a period of illness during which my mother and my 20-year-old self were his caretakers. He had developed dementia as a result of untreated diabetes, as well as other complications. I want to say you'd be surprised what this does to a barely functioning, already depressed 20-year-old, but I do not think one would.

I have a very good memory, and I do not forget much or forget easily. It is the bad things that I remember most clearly, sadly. Dementia-fueled mutterings and pained cries, some unpleasant stuff from before his illness, how terrible my last interaction with him was, the absolute bullshit circumstances around his death which deserve a rant of their own. Part of me wishes I could, rather than forget, move on. I agree with SpencerSDH's comment, though I do not necessarily think recording their voices is for everyone, I don't think it is for me...

But to be honest... both culturally and personally, I don't have things like what's displayed in this chapter. No family reunion holidays or days/traditions of mourning the dead, I guess other than memorial days, no traditions of visiting graves, giving life reports to deceased loved ones, etc... I'd give anything to hear his voice now. Anything to hear his opinions on the last three years, with him coming from a medical background. Not necessarily apologize, but do things over.

There isn't much of a point to the above, I'm just sharing. This chapter was all sorts of special, and it brought back some powerful emotions to the surface.

joined Feb 3, 2020

This chapter definitely hit pretty hard, it was somewhat relatable as someone with both aphantasia (inability to visualise) and a terrible memory.

I feel awful when I think about how I can't describe what my mum looked like beyond the vaguest descriptions, and I can hardly even remember the things that we did together or what she has said to me. I can look at photos and whatnot to help but that often just makes me feel worse as it shows how little I remember

joined Mar 20, 2019

That's one adorable Togano at the end there...And a New Years' Akebi to round it off.
A beast of a chapter lots of emotions.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

To reply you must either login or sign up.