Forum › Akebi-chan's Sailor Uniform discussion

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Aug 22, 2021

My god! This is one of the most heartwarming and wholesome manga that I have seen in my life.
The art is wonderful and an experience.

last edited at Jan 28, 2022 3:29PM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I'm kinda surprised that a junior high country girl like Komichi never rode a bike before. Also, I think that every time they appear but damn, Komichi sure hit the genetic jackpot. Both her parents are stunning :0

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I love that Erica is being so forward about getting closer and keeping up with Komichi. Also, I can’t imagine that the other girls haven’t started to notice the chemistry here. I mean, Tomono wrote the play with both of them in mind as the lead actors and included a kiss scene.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

My goodness, the art is something. The gal riding the bike gives instant diabeetus.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah the part where Akebi was about to fall but stopped midway was great!
Also so cute, Erica is like "It has to be Akebi!"

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

So... I think we're pretty settled that Erica has a crush on Komichi by now?

joined Jul 26, 2016

...I'd say it's been rather evident for quite a while.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I’d say that little matter has been settled since chapter 5. Hinted at in 2-4 with little blushes and thoughts, but it locks in when she’s already getting jealous of the other girls taking Komichi’s attention on the first day. My question over the course of the releases has been if anything will actually come of it.

joined May 25, 2017

washio and nawashiro reminded me of mizuki and moe from a kiss and a white lily for my dearest girl; the kinda vibe where theyre always seen together yet theyre still trying to catch up with the other..

binged this series the last few days and i think its simply a masterpiece. it captures youth and innocence with such a nostalgic and cheery lens. the first shot of akebis butt coming out of the river was surprising tho

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

washio and nawashiro reminded me of mizuki and moe from a kiss and a white lily for my dearest girl; the kinda vibe where theyre always seen together yet theyre still trying to catch up with the other..

binged this series the last few days and i think its simply a masterpiece. it captures youth and innocence with such a nostalgic and cheery lens. the first shot of akebis butt coming out of the river was surprising tho

Washio and Nawashiro seems like Touko and Sayaka... but like if Sayaka had a chance lmaoo

joined Jan 11, 2014

If you just read Erika and Akebi chapters what you get isn't a subtext slice of life manga. It's a straight up romance manga with romance structure, tropes, and progression.

joined May 28, 2021

Dang, the beginning had me all doki doki :0 Komichi wasn't lying when she said she'd give it her all.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

This series is a lot gayer than I thought it would be. And yeah it's... really fanservicsy.

joined Jan 11, 2014

How dare hebimori cut short the already tiny amount of gay I'll be getting from my slice of life subtext cgdct manga. Komichi and Erika be gaying the fuck out in the forest and HOW Dare you interrupt!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

They look beautiful with her caressing her face. How moving. And...is that Pearl from Splatoon? Ha!

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 12:31PM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Wait, im having a dejavu in this chapter, wasnt this already shown in the anime and before in the manga?

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I really love that line from Akebi saying that everything she's ever looked forward to having turned out to be something special. Because she brings out the best in people, she makes people want to put their all into things so everytime she gets to look forward to something everyone involved will just end up wanting to do their best and make it something special even if it isn't objectively "good".

Hebimori's guitar playing doesn't need to be "good" she justs needs to go at it with all her heart and soul and it'll be something special, it'll be something fun and exciting and it'll be remembered fondly even if she doesn't play well. And I really love that about this series because Akebi does that to people, she just constantly makes people want to do their best and live their best life.

last edited at Mar 18, 2022 2:42PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Like I care if I suck!"

Welp, Hebimori is already a qualified punk rocker :v

joined May 28, 2021

The funny thing is, we know Komichi will love her playing no matter what, because she's just that ridiculously nice of a person. I can't even picture her being mean in any way.

last edited at Mar 18, 2022 2:54PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

The funny thing is, we know Komichi will love her playing no matter what, because she's just that ridiculously nice of a person. I can't even picture her being mean in any way.

She might be disappointed and that's pretty much exactly what Hebimori is picturing. Rational analysis has little relevance for self-esteem issues anyway, and it really doesn't help Hebi knows painfully well she's in this quandry solely and entirely due to her own dishonest pretensions.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

So this where that episode came from? Interesting.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lilisionnach posted:

Nah the anime showed this first, then the manga, the anime is doing a better job with directing and introduction, hmmm to put it in a way, the manga is really focused on Akebi and what she sees, so some characters aren't introduced properly even after 8 volumes, even characters that are in the same class. With the anime you really get a broad understanding.

What's weird is that the hot single teacher has not been introduced in the anime.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Lilisionnach posted:

Nah the anime showed this first, then the manga, the anime is doing a better job with directing and introduction, hmmm to put it in a way, the manga is really focused on Akebi and what she sees, so some characters aren't introduced properly even after 8 volumes, even characters that are in the same class. With the anime you really get a broad understanding.

What's weird is that the hot single teacher has not been introduced in the anime.

The anime producers got the story from the author, so I’d say it was a planned chapter, just told in a different order. Given how much work has been done to make an almost page by page recreation of the manga, I’d be surprised if they went with their own interpretation for an entire character intro. I’d agree that the anime has done a better job of story telling in the early stages though.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Le old meme has arrived

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

just watched episode 11 and oh my lord, those visuals are gorgeous. Idk which chapter that part is from but hoh-lee heck

To reply you must either login or sign up.