Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

"An exception has occurred"

Screenshot%202022-03-25%20015936
joined Mar 24, 2022

"An exception has occurred"

"Isn't it kind of a breach of privacy? ... I gently open the door."
Let's just hope this doesn't happen. Though with what we last saw of her and the time that has passed since then almost anything could have happened

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I wonder what would happen if Ko starts messing with AI art?...

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I will not be surprised if she has moved.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

She almost let it slip. She said "ri..." and immediately stop. chapter 33, page 6. Eiter motokura say it and then stop, or somehow it is Maron who said it and stop. Someone says "Ri..." Remember Rina always address herself as a third person. People say "I go to ... but for her it is Rinarina go to..."

naw she was just gonna say "ah right"

It is possible.
What is the reason why the mangaka creates the character Motokura? She serves no purpose.

last edited at Nov 29, 2022 5:25AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Homegirl had to get into Business and kept on failing a mock exam. Umm… She’s just dumb isn’t she?

(In my country getting into Business Administration is so easy we usually say it’s what people do when they don’t know what to do or ar forced to take over family business)

I will not be surprised if she has moved.

She’s probably in her bedroom, completely unkept, haven’t eaten for days (or just ate junk food), and #
might have some scars from self-harm.
I won’t be surprised if Makino has to trespass (we know she would) and ends up finding Satou in a catatonic state

I wonder what would happen if Ko starts messing with AI art?...

She’d be able to thrive with it. This woman sneezed a baby and went back to work right away, she’s unstoppable.

last edited at Nov 29, 2022 7:32AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The teachers who work hard to push knowledge into the head of the lazy scumbag are the true unsung heroes of this story. Yup.

joined Feb 1, 2021

So the school can just... not let you leave until you pass? That's kinda messed up.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The teachers who work hard to push knowledge into the head of the lazy scumbag are the true unsung heroes of this story. Yup.

As someone who went through this (as a TA), I think he deserves a raise

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Schrodingers Maron

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

As someone who went through this (as a TA), I think he deserves a raise

Amen.

Hope Maron is ok... Also imagine becoming a fave of a fave when you're a scumbag? Unlikely, but then again, many scumbag men are married to wonderful women.

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

speedrunned the hell outta that exam hurdle lmao

joined Sep 28, 2017

Inb4 tragedy and suicide
Just kidding, I hope she's ok

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Since she has been taught enough to get into college and that is now done I feel like this is ending soon. Guessing Maron has become a NEET.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I showed the last chapters to my friend and asked her if she agreed that this terrible suspense about the fate of Satou was simply unbearable.

She gave me a look as if I was dumb or something... and then told me it was 100% plain and obvious and evident that Satou was merely going to snip off some of her hair with that cutter. You know, because that's what you do in Japan when you're heartbroken and stuff.

(ಠ_ಠ)

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

^ Great now they killed the suspense for me too. Thanks for nothing. >:(

Asakura.tooru.600.3305639
joined Dec 18, 2022

Whoahhh nice story there...
I actually enjoyed it very much
The art style is also very cute!

Screenshot_20221211_001243
joined Oct 27, 2022

Are there plans for the untranslated chapters to be uploaded anytime soon? If not I can put up some non-typeset translations somewhere. It wouldn't be as good as the current translations but I know enough Japanese and am a decent enough writer that it would be enough for someone who doesn't speak the language but wants to know what happens after the cliffhanger. I hope this isn't impolite to ask.

Edit: nvm, checked /u/ and it's just being finished up, looks like

last edited at Jan 8, 2023 10:57AM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

So I haven't read this. I just saw the word "scummy" in the title and was like "Eh I dunno if this is my vibe"

But I was curious, so I checked it out today with this update. I mean, all the tags look fine right? =w=

....Anyways so the first few pages absolutely fucking blindsided me what the hell is this manga about lol

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

....Anyways so the first few pages absolutely fucking blindsided me what the hell is this manga about lol

Thirsty idiot does everything in her power to spend time with her waifu. With occasional guest star Box Cutter-chan, because abrupt drama sells books, I guess.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oof.
She really does need to buy more time. Good plan.
The girl needs therapy, not someone else to "need" her so she can keep on living.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I feel like so far the topic of suicide in this story is weirdly and badly handled, and the whiplash element definitely doesn't help.

_yuri_hime_14_clear_file
joined Oct 21, 2011

Oof.
The girl needs therapy, not someone else to "need" her so she can keep on living.

Good. Thank you for this comment. Instead simply tearing down the self-harm aspect. Seriously, even if it was introduced suddenly, such things are never obvious from the get-go. Real suicidal tendencies are normally hidden by the individual. Even more so in ones like Satou's case, again, concealing such thoughts from others and bringing it up casually. Very, very common.

Sm-moonmarscute-53078
joined Jun 28, 2017

This mangaka being a Hotaru x Chibiusa shipper explains so much...

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Oof.

Good. Thank you for this comment. Instead simply tearing down the self-harm aspect. Seriously, even if it was introduced suddenly, such things are never obvious from the get-go. Real suicidal tendencies are normally hidden by the individual. Even more so in ones like Satou's case, again, concealing such thoughts from others and bringing it up casually. Very, very common.

I don't know if you're referencing what I said with your comment of "simply tearing down the self-harm aspect". I'd like to state that's not what I'm doing, I think the self harm aspect is so far not well handled, and there's some tonal whiplash in this series that in my opinion doesn't help that. I am VERY aware that suicidal tendencies tend to be hidden, and it can come up in real life unexpectedly. It's due to my own life experiences that I personally don't care for how this series has handled the subject so far. I think the subject is very important and I have no intention of tearing it down, I think because it's an important and difficult subject that it needs to be handled well.

Edit: To clarify further I think the way this came up to me at least feels like it was added mainly for drama, while not handling the subject in way that feels tactful, and the way it's been responded to isn't well handled so far. The tone of the series feels often like it doesn't handle a lot of it's subjects very seriously, which so far has been "okay" for the most part, but with the introduction of suicidal tendencies I feel like it doesn't fit the tone or the story. It could be handled in a meaningful way as we progress further, but so far I'm thrown off and not a fan of it's inclusion for this series personally. Again all my opinion and I have strong feelings here because I think the subject is important. I also second the notion that getting therapy would be important for her, however I unfortunately can't see the series including that and that's part of my issue currently.

last edited at Jan 16, 2023 4:19AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.