Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

joined Mar 19, 2022

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the hospital, on account of the fucking whiplash.

joined Jun 11, 2016

omg that turned dark so fast???

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Ah good, everyone else's necks hurt too. That caught me off fucking guard.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Sh*t got really dark real fast

Word.

001q2gaply1h533fjj99pj60sg148tgw02
joined Sep 11, 2021

bruh i had to check back to see how many arcs i missed
how the fuck

joined Sep 1, 2021

author's babies mustve started giving her bad time...i guess..

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

author's babies mustve started giving her bad time...i guess..

This is the most plausible theory yet.

joined Sep 4, 2018

OMG why?! It's bad enough when a yuri manga feels it necessary to shove in some psycho villain, or force over the top drama, but this?! Yeah, I'm out.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I...uh...don't exactly trust this manga to do this topic justice? I honestly can't decide if it'll be more annoying for this to be a fake-out or a genuine attempt at drama that feels a little unearned.

Yeah, I may be proven wrong but this feels kinda....unsalvageable? either it's a very poor taste fake-out or a tone shift that's very much a blindside. and even if things work out, it makes it kinda difficult to root for an endgame where the main pair end up together because it went from a harmless series that you don't think about too much to a pretty....bad vibes dynamic? hopefully I'm wrong because I liked this series up to this point.

Yeah, that came on a bit too fast. I think I get where the author was going with this. She wants to show that Satou is going through some stuff that Makino, being a generally inconsiderate scumbag, never noticed, thus giving us a reason to care about Satou as more than just an object of the scumbag’s affection. I’m thinking this went so fast because the author doesn’t want to stretch the drama out too long, so she confined most of it to this chapter and the end of the last one. The problem is, the crescendo she had planned was too high for the amount of build up she dedicated to it. It probably would have worked better if we had just seen the scarring later, instead of the actual knife.

I still have hope for this series, though. Maybe I’m being too optimistic, but I’m hoping that this is going to be used to bring the couple closer. Discussing Satou’s issues while forcing Makino to act a bit less scummy (or, at least, to care about more than just her own “needs”) and confront her true feelings. Only time will tell, though.

joined Aug 1, 2022

I still have hope for this series but man was that major whiplash. Im holding off judgment till the end bc im really loving how different this story is from the usual pay for gay genre. Esp when Makino set boundaries to her that she does have other clients. I just really want to see a happy ending for her or at least to how the story's gonna go.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

ok... that took a dark turn...

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Well...this was a bold decision. Like exploring racism in teletubbies.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Wow was not expecting this manga to ever go down this route. She's a lot more unstable than I expected. I wonder how our scummy gap student will help her.

24fefbf6-c8f2-4310-a894-1da6fbb33cec
joined May 8, 2020

Wtf fuck

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Are people really getting put off by this?

last edited at Nov 23, 2022 5:11AM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Damn,the author had a lot of design choices to work with.

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

Jesus christ I didn't expect this series to venture into self harming. Brings back some bad memories

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

The problem is, the crescendo she had planned was too high for the amount of build up she dedicated to it.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

How hard for Makino to go visit Maron-tan. She knows where she lives. Also, she can simply tell Maron that the teacher told her she is in bad shape, so she just want to check on her.

Maron had lots of things going for her. I think Makino deserves to be in Maron's life. Teacher=student, Prostitute=client. Only Makino and Rina knows her secret. So Makino should go even just for the sake to be there before Rina gets the news and head over.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Motokura = Rina right? But if that is the case, how can Rina and Makinon NOT recognized each other?

No, they're different people, even if they look somewhat similar. Rina has a mole under her lip, while Motokura doesn't.

She almost let it slip. She said "ri..." and immediately stop. chapter 33, page 6. Eiter motokura say it and then stop, or somehow it is Maron who said it and stop. Someone says "Ri..." Remember Rina always address herself as a third person. People say "I go to ... but for her it is Rinarina go to..."

Let see how it goes.

It would be a shame that Rina is no longer in the manga, she is basically a rich version of Makinon

last edited at Nov 23, 2022 12:14AM

joined Aug 30, 2019

Whoa! Now that took a turn.

I’m very interested to see how this goes

joined Oct 2, 2021

Trimming her nails?

joined May 26, 2021

w

joined Jun 25, 2021

She almost let it slip. She said "ri..." and immediately stop. chapter 33, page 6. Eiter motokura say it and then stop, or somehow it is Maron who said it and stop. Someone says "Ri..." Remember Rina always address herself as a third person. People say "I go to ... but for her it is Rinarina go to..."

naw she was just gonna say "ah right"

last edited at Nov 26, 2022 1:51PM

joined Dec 17, 2021

I doubt she'll end up finding Maron's death body inside the house, but I wouldn't put it past this manga at this point.

To reply you must either login or sign up.