Forum › Kamiina Botan, the Drunken Form is a Lily Flower discussion

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

This jumping just confuses me.

It took me a third re-read to even realize that the first page wasn't following up directly from the end of the last chapter. (I finally realized it when I noticed she's wearing different clothes...) And to understand what the heck was going on.

I'm pretty sure now that the implication of the first page is that Ibuki has been psyching herself up to drink in front of people who aren't Botan in order to improve her confidence. And she looked at Botan's contact profile, but then closed it without contacting her.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Ouch, and sorry Gujou.

joined Mar 21, 2017

It took me a third re-read to even realize that the first page wasn't following up directly from the end of the last chapter. (I finally realized it when I noticed she's wearing different clothes...) And to understand what the heck was going on.

I'm pretty sure now that the implication of the first page is that Ibuki has been psyching herself up to drink in front of people who aren't Botan in order to improve her confidence. And she looked at Botan's contact profile, but then closed it without contacting her.

I agree with your assessment. It's just a such a jump since the last chapter doesn't even feel complete.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I agree with your assessment. It's just a such a jump since the last chapter doesn't even feel complete.

Yeah but that's how this manga has always been. Lots of chapters seem to end mid conversation or right as something is about to happen.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm used to the manga's style at this point, lots of "..." and puzzling faces, unsaid words that even the readers don't have access to...

But

this time, it was pretty straightforward, it wasn't subtle and it hurt a bit. Of course, I'm rooting for Botan! but still, a heartbreak is a heartbreak, I don't wish that to anyone.

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

man I love this cozy manga with the informational alcohol tidbits being integrated into the story for this alcohol amateur. its so relaxing to read and appreciate the cute characters plus the emotional parts

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

That stung so much that Gujou cried. It's probably wrong to say she has to give up soon, as she has been holding on for so long. At least we got a good range of expressions from Jin-ran.

The previous chapter was sweet and wonderful as well. Sometimes I wonder why there's no subtext tag just for how much subtext this manga uses in its storytelling, but the yuri itself isn't just subtext so it would give the wrong idea to have both tags.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Aww she finally got to drink with Ibuki!!

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

As someone who's been on both sides of this situation, it sucks forever and no one wins. At least she has someone else interested in her, though! Wish it always worked out that way :')

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

When it comes to "unfinished" chapters, the author quite literally draws slices of life - they look for some meaningful event or conversation in the life of the characters, cut or slice it out of the life timeline, and draws it for us, readers. I believe everything that needs to be said is in there. Like chapter 24 ended with Botan affirming, that she's OK with going deeper (implying a relationship rather than a river). There really is nothing to be added after that. But because it's subtext, sometimes you miss it and then it feels like there's no closure.

Feel really sorry for Gujou, but really happy for Ibuki at the same time. She finally managed to drink with other people. I guess it means she also understands that drinking with Botan is fun for completely different reasons.
Also, clearly, "happy" is quite a heavy word to use for Ibuki, hehe. She sure used it to describe how happy she was to go out and drink with Botan in chapter 24, but is so freaked out when Gujou is happy to be working with her in the same company.
Looking forward to more chapters so much.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was struggling between Subaru or Toyota Celica but this is actually a Mazda MX-5

joined Jun 5, 2021

Hopefully next chapter is a direct continuation to this one...

joined Jun 11, 2021

betting my entire future that the next chapter will be a completely different situation that either doesnt address what was said or focuses on side characters. i will never understand why some authors set up a cliffhanger just to blueball everyone the next chapter. i feel like it happens weirdly often, especially in this manga.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Hopefully next chapter is a direct continuation to this one...

we're in luck, it does indeed connect to this one

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Confession??

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

It's actually really interesting how well this manga does tension. I felt it this chapter.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Is there a "nice car" tag we can apply?

Because that's a nice car.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

What, a romance manga where characters actually sit down and talk? Na, can't be!

joined May 10, 2021

Oh my words IS THIS ACTUALLY PROGRESS FOR THE IBUTAN SHIP?!

joined Mar 21, 2017

I'll see you in 2 chapters when we get this one continued.

joined Sep 23, 2019

Confession??

hmmmmmm kinda

joined Sep 23, 2019

Ive been keeping up with this manga for about 2 years now and sometimes really struggle with the reading since my japanese isnt very good. this chapter and the next one have kinda broke me a little bit. Like in this chapter some stuff happens and the last lines, i do not understand them at all. Like the context to help with the translation is not there. I mean if we go with this last chapter and then read the one im sure will be posted here soon, then it kinda makese sense. I think im reading something that means something different cause of subtlety. Ughh.

joined Sep 23, 2019

I'll see you in 2 chapters when we get this one continued.

I think its just a 1 chapter cliff hanger, so the next one and then it moves scenes.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Their casual alcoholism aside, that's a nifty car, although the proportions don't seem fixed.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

mg1342mg posted:

Their casual alcoholism aside, that's a nifty car, although the proportions don't seem fixed.

It's a mazda mx 5 convertible !

To reply you must either login or sign up.