joined Mar 23, 2022

supeeeeer excited for the next chapter.*v*

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

This sets things up for the two of them to experience the exhibit alone
I hope some nice developments happen

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

please be drama that immediately gets fixed please be drama that immediately gets fixed please be drama that immediately gets fixed

joined Jan 14, 2020

looks at new chapter I have no memory of this, but it's in my Favorite and Subscribed lists?

looks at previous chapter which came out only a month ago I have no memory of this.

looks at first chapter Okay, this does ring a bell.

Oh hey, I posted a comment in January. Maybe I missed the September update.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oh another so quickly! These two are always so cute when they’re together. Had a feeling there was going to be a “missed you in passing” part. Well, hopefully they work it out.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Re-reading. Still good.

Reminds me of various other manga, though. "Normal black-haired girl who cooks, and emotionally cool or fragile, and weird, blonde girl" seems a common pattern. This, Come Rain or Shine, Room For Two, Girl Friends, Can't Defy the Lonely Girl, I think that one hospital one... Segawa complaining about her some reminded me of Kasumi from Room For Two. Also got the younger sibling falling for the blonde.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I wonder if the mermaid mother subplot is going to be finished or if it was all just an analogy for Segawa's loneliness.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Ugh my heart, poor Segawa :c

Fb_img_1685314561718
joined Mar 16, 2022

I can't stand this crying

joined Mar 23, 2022

I want to break the fourth wall and slap the shit out of those bitches face, those fucking bullies.I hope our girl can be able to see her bae's effort with the aquarium

joined Aug 20, 2022

It really sucks Umi didn't get to see the aquarium this chapter. Oh, and my heart ached for Shou. Fuck those bullies, man! But I do know what it's like feeling like you're the same scared little kid inside :( Shou wanting to change makes sense, but I'd love to see Umi become someone who can say "no." You'd be surprised at how chill your friends can be when you say "sorry I have something else important I need to do."

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

While wanting to change and be more "sociable" by Shou is a good thing, the motivation behind it is not so much. Also, I do sort of... Uh... How to say it without it sounding bad? Applaud(?) the author for not just bringing in the bully card out of nowhere, as we already knew she was pretty much thought of as the weird kid and bullied (I think they threw her fish eye collection to the pond? And some other stuff. Maybe).
Chapters like this remind me why I enjoy this so much.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Man, I really wish Umi had just said “No, I earned my break”. They can just stop taking orders until they’re caught up.

Those bullies are terrible. I hope Shou can come to realize that she has nothing that she needs to change, she is perfect for who she is.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Segawa is strong, much stronger than she realizes
What a good girl

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Sadge. As others have said, both Umi and Shou have some learning to do, hope they can do it together

joined Jan 14, 2020

Umi needs more of a spine vs. her friends.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

It didn't seem like going with her friends was bothersome to her, sometimes you just have a lot to do in a little time.

joined Apr 16, 2022

Finally got around to reading through this, and it is amazing. The art is great but the writing is absolutely stellar; each character is depicted with nuance and complexity without relying on exposition telling us what to think. Umi and Shou in particular are compelling protagonists, I especially like how proactive Umi is despite her anxieties and how self-reflective Shou is despite her social difficulties. Really looking forward to future chapters!

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

It didn't seem like going with her friends was bothersome to her, sometimes you just have a lot to do in a little time.

i think its been a thread that she gets pulled around easily regardless of how strongly she feels about it. In the beginning Shou said something to the effect of "I'm not just burdening you / you're not forcing yourself to be with me here?" Which seemed pretty cognizant of where Umi has been, and is still kinda at. Some places, like the festival, it hasn't been a detriment, Shou got to experience "group" part she was left out on. This recent chapter is, both missing the exhibit, and being pulled along with a not so great motivation for change. Curious to see where it goes, storm's a brewin'.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It didn't seem like going with her friends was bothersome to her,

Except it was. She wanted to go see Shou's exhibition:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_blue_star_on_that_day_ano_koro_no_aoi_hoshi_ch13_2#5

She didn't complain more because she never does. That's her character flaw after all. She doesn't know how to say no. But being with them was clearly not what she wanted to be doing at that moment.

last edited at Nov 23, 2022 5:42PM

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

I want to break the fourth wall and slap the shit out of those bitches face, those fucking bullies.I hope our girl can be able to see her bae's effort with the aquarium

Same

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

This one of those example when old friends force you to hang out with them bc they’re insecure about you branching out to new groups. Hope Shou can stand her ground and stress Umi’s importance to her

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Aww, I was hoping at least Inotani-senpai would come... Maybe still a bit later?

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

It feels like a setup for people arriving late or something. But then again, while this manga doesn't deserve the "depressing as fuck" tag, it still has its oddly bittersweet moments.

Regardless, I feel like this chapter really uh... Left me behind. Was any of this mentioned before and I just forgot? It all just felt "out of nowhere".

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

No one showing up would be incredibly realistic

To reply you must either login or sign up.