Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

There are so many internal references in these, I love them. I can't remember the last time Matsuri acted like a dog, but it really is cute how they manage to go back to it and make it fresh each time.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Clearly, the cats don't like Ms Sunflower because she's got a dog's scent all over her.
Sheesh, Yuu-sensei brought a whole new level of lewd with that appearance. Not what you think, my foot...
And Ms Sunflower plays the role of oblivious boyfriend, apparently. At least she called Matsuri cute.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Ms Sunflower is as dense as a generic romcom MC. Poor Matsuri won't have it easy.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Two, two, idiot couples..."

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm afraid to ask, but did I miss something somewhere about where this ends? I thought it was over, and since then there have been like four chapters or so and none of them feel like "And this is a bit from after the end of the story, that wraps up some side thread or puts another ribbon on the main couple's relationship" it's just . . . more nice chapters of Miss Sunflower, going nowhere in particular as usual, with the typical tiny hint of something that might look like progress if you squint.

So did the series reboot or something? Or if not, how many more of these will there be--I need to prepare my heart.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm afraid to ask, but did I miss something somewhere about where this ends? I thought it was over, and since then there have been like four chapters or so and none of them feel like "And this is a bit from after the end of the story, that wraps up some side thread or puts another ribbon on the main couple's relationship" it's just . . . more nice chapters of Miss Sunflower, going nowhere in particular as usual, with the typical tiny hint of something that might look like progress if you squint.

So did the series reboot or something? Or if not, how many more of these will there be--I need to prepare my heart.

These are "extra" chapters. While they're listed as Chapter 101-104, if you look on the first or second page, you'll see Extra #1-4. I don't know how many there are, but I think there will probably be about five to eight total, since this is the final volume.

does any one know how many more chapters to come ?

Little did they know in 2013...

Interestingly enough, because their comment is near the bottom of the first page, I see it almost every time I visit the forum.

joined May 1, 2015

Whoaw, Matsuri looking at onii san like he was hot garbage.
That killed me. I thought the same thing though.

joined Feb 21, 2019

lol, the matsuri death stare xD

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

lol, the matsuri death stare xD

As a Yuu-Sensei fan I say Matsuri needs to stare much harder...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Everyone just stuck in relationship limbo forever, yay ^^

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

"She is always dressed up for some reason..."

Wow, I wonder what could that reason be!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I can't handle this cuteness now nor can I handle that it's almost over.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Just pure comedy. :D

"She is always dressed up for some reason..."

Wow, I wonder what could that reason be!

Excellent reasoning for the lack of comment, though. If she's always dressed up, this really is nothing out of the ordinary for Himawari-san. :D

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

Bruh why is there more development in the het relationship than in the main pair.
Also maybe that's just me being biased but when they implied that a man can't live under the same roof as a woman without making things "difficult" it really grossed me out. The brother sounded kinda creepy when they said it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Bruh why is there more development in the het relationship than in the main pair.
Also maybe that's just me being biased but when they implied that a man can't live under the same roof as a woman without making things "difficult" it really grossed me out. The brother sounded kinda creepy when they said it.

Yes, it does seem to be you “being biased.” The characters spelled it out—Kaoru can’t live under the same roof with a woman he is attracted to, especially when she acts like she doesn’t see him as a man by walking around half-dressed.

Not every behavior depicted in a manga is a generalization about real life.

last edited at Oct 17, 2022 10:11AM

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

Yes, it does seem to be you “being biased.” The characters spelled it out—Kaoru can’t live under the same roof with a woman he is attracted to, especially when she acts like she doesn’t see him as a man by walking around half-dressed.

Yeah see that's exactly what sounds creepy af to me. Even if you're attracted to someone you're a person, not an animal. It shouldn't be weird to live together.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah see that's exactly what sounds creepy af to me. Even if you're attracted to someone you're a person, not an animal. It shouldn't be weird to live together.

Evidently individual standards of "creepy af" vary even more wildly than I had supposed.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I don't think not wanting to live with a person that you don't feel comfortable living with is a particularly creepy thing. In fact, I think it sounds like an extremely reasonable thing. Would you want to live with someone that you don't feel comfortable living with?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Every now and then, when I'm reading this, it hits me how much I love the artwork.

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Matsuri isn't a puppy, she's Miss Sunflower's very scary guard dog~

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Miss Sunflower is just not hitting the mark at all on all of these “couples” she’s seeing, meanwhile she’s missing the obvious person in love right in front of her.

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

Evidently individual standards of "creepy af" vary even more wildly than I had supposed.

Blastaar : What I'm calling creepy is the fact that he'll seemingly be unable to control himself simply because he'd be living with a woman he found attractive. What's he gonna do? Molest her because he's into her and she lives in the same apartment as him and had the audacity to walk around with a kimono that showed her shoulder and a bit of her legs? And it'll be justified because "well he was into her and he's a man and that's how she gotta see him!" We're not animals who can't do anything but act on their impulse. We have the capacity to control ourselves and it shouldn't be weird to live with someone you like because as any normal person would you wouldn't go ooga booga because woman hot.

I don't think not wanting to live with a person that you don't feel comfortable living with is a particularly creepy thing. In fact, I think it sounds like an extremely reasonable thing. Would you want to live with someone that you don't feel comfortable living with?

BlueDsc : I'm calling it creepy because in the chapter it's not put as him living with someone he's uncomfortable with, it's put as him saying he can't live with her because he's attracted to her and "she should see him as a man" and that's what sounded off to me. You know what I mean?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Blastaar : What I'm calling creepy is the fact that he'll seemingly be unable to control himself simply because he'd be living with a woman he found attractive.

I find your weird sex-filled headcanon about this “creepy af.”

Nothing in the story suggests that he would be “unable to control himself” or that he is reacting as if he is “some kind of animal”; you have made all that up in your own imagination. She showed up unannounced and assumed that she could live with him indefinitely until she found a new house; he has every right to object to that.

Yuu’s reaction to realizing that she’s partly undressed “in front of guests” indicates how she treats him as a lesser person. She knows it’s improper to be seen that way by the other characters, so all that stuff about her supposed “audacity” is just straw-man argumentation.

Your insistence that you can sit in judgement over what the optimal comfort levels of the characters should be is completely unfounded.

last edited at Oct 19, 2022 7:57AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Blastaar : What I'm calling creepy is the fact that he'll seemingly be unable to control himself simply because he'd be living with a woman he found attractive.

I’m not sure where you’re getting this idea that he wouldn’t be able to control himself. That isn’t indicated, at all, by any of the dialogue or actions. The most they’re saying is that his feelings could develop into love from living in close proximity to someone he finds attractive.

And yeah, he can be uncomfortable with having her live with him. That’s completely acceptable. It’s his home. What he finds comfortable/uncomfortable is up to him. She invaded his space, she doesn’t get to set the rules.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Myako also has a haren i guess.

Oh and Matsuri wont move very far Miss Sunflower? Like maybe to a certain bookstore upperfloor? Hmmmm?

To reply you must either login or sign up.