Forum › Childhood Sweetheart Liaoliao discussion

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Interesting, slightly weird for Pei Yu to just act like she doesn't recognise the other girl though. Also another instance where I realise how much I love girls with shorter haircuts

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

please don't sit on scooters sideways
sincerely, someone who lives in a college town

What a vibe! Hope to see more soon, the outfits alone are worth continuing.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

These outfits are wild but I like this lol

joined Apr 16, 2022

Interesting, slightly weird for Pei Yu to just act like she doesn't recognise the other girl though.

Probably she was worried that Liaoliao didn't remember her. The flashbacks suggest she felt abandoned when Liaoliao got popular and started hanging out with other friends.

Anyway, I enjoyed these first three chapters. The art is fantastic, and aside from some clunky exposition in chapter 1 I like the writing and the characters. Thanks for translating!

joined May 3, 2014

this is so nice and I’m happy with the quality of the translation since I know how hard it is to translate chinese to english since I did suffer at the hands of poor translation of chinese manga T^T

joined Jan 3, 2020

This is good so far. Looks like a relatively typical K drama setup, but the art is gorgeous and the translation is good.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

This is good so far. Looks like a relatively typical K drama setup, but the art is gorgeous and the translation is good.

K drama? This is manhua from China, unless I'm horribly mistaken.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Interesting, slightly weird for Pei Yu to just act like she doesn't recognise the other girl though. Also another instance where I realise how much I love girls with shorter haircuts

My guess is that they drifted apart. Maybe it was sour or maybe it just happened without any fanfare. From the looks of it though, Pei Yu put a lot of effort into crafting this new version of herself and she's probably trying not to act in a way that aligns with her old self.

She definitely recognizes her but I personally wouldn't immediately recognize some people after 10 years. I have to say even old close friends, at least not immediately. Though I'm sure other people are really good with faces.

joined Mar 23, 2022

I see truck kun trying to take another life to another world.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

It's cute, but I can't condone her driving her scooter while sleep deprived, especially taking a passenger with her

joined Apr 16, 2022

It's cute, but I can't condone her driving her scooter while sleep deprived, especially taking a passenger with her

It's okay she shotgunned energy drinks off-page

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The biggest wtf that stood out to me is how in the hell is that tow truck driver gonna run someone over who was just standing next to the car he was called there for. She was standing so close to the car that if he hit her, he woulda hit the damn car too lmao

Like damn....we were about to get another isekai story

last edited at Oct 8, 2022 10:58PM

joined Mar 20, 2019

Whoopsie, back to nicknames already?

The biggest wtf that stood out to me is how in the hell is that tow truck driver gonna run someone over who was just standing next to the car he was called there for. She was standing so close to the car that if he hit her, he woulda hit the damn car too lmao

Song stood way out in the road, still, a tow driver should expect people to be there and not run them over.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Whoopsie, back to nicknames already?

Song stood way out in the road, still, a tow driver should expect people to be there and not run them over.

But the thing is she doesn't look like she stood way out in the road. She's literally just standing next to Pei Yu by the car here. Could just be bad perspective drawing by the artist but yeah just made me wtf lol

Pfp6
joined Jun 8, 2022

OMG, her helmet is soooooooooooooooooooooo cyuuuuuuuuuteeeeeeee!!!

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I love that adorable helmet XD

Kind of a typical setup but still one I love seeing. That whole "oh boy two cakes!" principle and whatnot. Looking forward to seeing how this develops!

joined Jan 3, 2020

Huh, my mistake. That's surprising. I've read tons of manhua and manhwa at this point, and I'm usually able to tell them apart. The initial premise is so stereotypically Korean ("hot new leader in my office work environment is secretly into me") I just assumed this had to be a manhwa. Though, I guess Straight Girl Trap is a manhua example of the premise (with multiple discussions on sexuality, a rarity in any Asian story).

On a second read, the art has way more of a manhua feel to it, especially the hair. Reminds me of Romance of the Stars or Goddess of Jealousy (but without the stylized comedic parts).

last edited at Oct 10, 2022 11:36PM

Okay, I'm full in now. Art style reminds me of Straight Girl Trap, and I fucking LOVE Straight Girl Trap.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Huh, my mistake. That's surprising. I've read tons of manhua and manhwa at this point, and I'm usually able to tell them apart. The initial premise is so stereotypically Korean ("hot new leader in my office work environment is secretly into me") I just assumed this had to be a manhwa. Though, I guess Straight Girl Trap is a manhua example of the premise (with multiple discussions on sexuality, a rarity in any Asian story).

On a second read, the art has way more of a manhua feel to it, especially the hair. Reminds me of Romance of the Stars or Goddess of Jealousy (but without the stylized comedic parts).

I haven't been able to see any big stylistic differences between Chinese and SK yuri art, but most common type of romance seems to be bit different.

Chinese are more soft-boiled, and SK stories are more edgy (more outright fights and screaming, and angry sex).

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hmmmm Pei Yu having a temporary living situation....so uhhh are signs pointing towards a roommates situation? :3

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

These chapters are very short lol, I do predict a roommates situation though

joined Mar 23, 2022

she doesn't want to be friends.*v*.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Yes! she remembers and she does NOT want to be friends with her!!!!

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Gee she doesn't want to be friends? Clearly there's animosity there, guess they'll never get closer ohoho

To reply you must either login or sign up.