Forum › Untitled Yuri Manga discussion

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

It's really nice to see this here after reading it on Mangadex.

In short: god i love girls who are fucked up and do fucked up things because of it

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Happy ending I guess? Well I guess nothing bonds people quite like trauma.

last edited at Oct 3, 2022 2:09PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Beautiful. Lovely story.

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

ho. ly. fuck. i... really hope things become better for them. jesus.

also their art really reminded me of Dobuu_2!!! always love this dark yet cartoonesque artstyle.

last edited at Oct 3, 2022 2:24PM

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

:))))))))))))

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

I'm with benderboy on this one: 2 fucked up 4 me. I really wanted a heartwarming recovery ending... but I suppose this is fine, too.
I wonder if Aise's commanding tone at the end, and scribbly pupils, means that she's so far broken that she's done some kind of psychopathic 1080º and will be abusive towards Mae... who in turn will further(?) her masochistic(?)/servile tendencies. It'll be a murder-suicide by the time they're in their middle or late teens at this rate...
...here's hoping for a sequel. In the meantime, let's go re-read "You're the Cutest When You're Filthy (Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii)"!

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

ho. ly. fuck. i... really hope things become better for them. jesus.

What do you mean? It is such a lovely and healthy relationship!

Jesus Christ get those two girls some councilors!

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Ah yes, I saw this in that other place recently. I'm ok with everything but that puke headpat at the start.

Tumblr_6092d594b3a92296a4d35bac1b1a474c_c2d1131f_400
joined Apr 4, 2022

my face was stuck in a :) the whole time

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED? HELP!

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I wasn't quite all that bothered by it, felt like one of those horror manga that try too hard to be creepy.

But yeah, had a :) on my face the entire time, it might not be too memorable or particularly fucked up, but it was still not exactly a comfy read. Even if I will forget it in half an hour.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Love the art, in my head cannon the two of them receive help in the near fututere and have a happy future.
A big thanks for the acanlation and hosting!

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I stopped at page 14, goddamn this was too much

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I really like this because it's just such a mess of a relationship that would be horrifying in the real world but terribly interesting in fiction.

joined Feb 13, 2022

Kino.

Matchari2
joined Apr 17, 2022

Jesus Christ get those two girls some councilors!

actually they ARE in counseling lmao
The scene after the 1st girl's drugging shows that she's in a counseling room now. And then they meet the new student, presumably showing that both are in the counseling room

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I don't know if this would be more disturbing if it was better drawn, or if that adds to it...I am sure many people have this kind of relationship, eh maybe not exactly like this but...care takers yesh.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I kind of expected a horror fest for the sake of simple shock value after that opening, but it quickly turned out to be a serious and well crafted story and I was pleasantly surprised. I especially liked the realism with which the characters were portrayed, particularly the main girl. An alcoholic single parent who depends upon her daughter for support through the drunkenness and actively rewards said support with expressions of affection and love, creating a positive feedback for the child. No wonder Mea came to regard her mother's alcoholism as a good thing and felt helpless and abandoned once that positive affirmation was taken away from her.

It is not really a common situation, as most alcoholic parents are physically and psychologically abusive towards their children, creating a negative feedback that would hardly have the kids actively wanting their parents to continue being alcoholics (the mother here is psychologically abusive but in a different way). That being said, if the kind of situation depicted here actually developed, I could absolutely see the child taking on these really messed up sets of values.

The mother never tried talking to Mea, explaining the situation before and after getting clean, and lashed out violently when Mea tried getting her back into her addiction (which was absolutely the wrong thing to do, the child was not really aware of what she was doing and the violent outburst just deepened the feeling of rejection on her part, though I do fully understand how and why the mother snapped under such circumstances). All of which just worsened the situation.

Though, to be fair towards the mother, next to nobody in her place would think "my child might actually like me being an alcoholic because I seriously messed up her values system". I doubt that actual therapists would even pick up on this possibility, let alone the alcoholic themselves. As realistically as the mental development Mea went through is depicted, it is a really uncommon set of circumstances, which is an element I greatly enjoyed. Having this unlikely situation (a strangely non-abusive, or as close to that, alcoholic parent who gives the child positive affirmation through said alcoholism) but then developing it in a detailed and realistic fashion.

All of which made it painfully obvious what would happen when Mea was later paired with Aise, a person in dire need of someone to take care of her due to her injuries. Aise herself was also fairly well fleshed out as a character. I especially liked how the story avoided the cliche of having her being a needy person paired with someone in need of a needy person. She is in definite need of help but she also resents and regrets that and feels bad over it, seeing herself as a burden on others.

In a way, as messed up and unhealthy as both of their perspectives are, I think they are actually better off being together than either of them would be on their own. They are a perfect match, Mea gets someone who genuinely needs her support and, more importantly, will always need her, fulfilling the deep-seated urge in Mea to be needed, while Aise gets someone whom she is absolutely certain wants and even enjoys taking care of her, thus relieving her of the feeling of guilt over being a possible burden on someone else.

As a side note, I liked the detail of Mea exhibiting yandere tendencies but also having a functioning moral feeling as well, as although she pushes Aise down the stairs she also immediately regrets it and understands it was wrong of her to do it.

On another side note, I also liked the art style, I think it actually fits nicely into the mood and themes of the story itself.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Yeah, no. I'm good

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

messed up but I didn't hate it

Pfp6
joined Jun 8, 2022

Like watching a car crash you can't look away from.

6f1ccea7-b3f0-4820-814d-bccd7482bcd0
joined Mar 31, 2021

oh my

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

messed up but I didn't hate it

This sums this up pretty good.

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

Like watching a car crash you can't look away from.

yeah this is more like it

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Wow. The expressions and choice of shots conveyed the pain perfectly.

Maybe I should feel down after reading about damaged people, but this was weirdly relaxing to see in a one-shot. The heavy codependent relationships gave the impression the women had deep and plausible issues that weren't limited to one or two unhealthy traits. People who go to school counseling in a way implied to be a trend instead of just one-offs was also a kind of setting we don't usually see. This felt more plausible than creepy, compared to other painful one-shots.

I think the mom probably returned to remission from her alcohol dependency. Hopefully the girls get better as well. What an empathy generator. Definitely favoriting this one.

last edited at Oct 3, 2022 3:56PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.