Forum › School Zone discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Little does she know that even her haircut brings yokoe pain

last edited at Oct 2, 2022 8:44AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Okay but speaking of foreshadowing I'm pretty sure this is also Kishiya? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/school_zone_ch41#6

Ningiyau just has the mind of a mastermind uh

holy hell I didn't notice that. Now I'm tempted to reread this while looking for details like these.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

School Zone has been really like my favorite yuri series at the moment
I love the amount of effort put into establishing these complex relationships while also being funny as fuck

joined Apr 16, 2021

Anyone know Japanese, came across his Twitter by chance but saw this post regarding School Zone??

https://twitter.com/sukuzon/status/1579290871786184704?t=aYp29dqcEODI8VrDxDrjrw&s=19

Sounds likes a hiatus of sorts from what I gathered from the comments
-Thanks

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 10:47PM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Anyone know Japanese, came across his Twitter by chance but saw this post regarding School Zone??

https://twitter.com/sukuzon/status/1579290871786184704?t=aYp29dqcEODI8VrDxDrjrw&s=19

-Thanks

Indefinite hiatus of School Zone, because she lost motivation.

joined Apr 16, 2021

-Thanks

That's a bit unfortunate to hear, I look forward to when she picks it back up, whenever that may be.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmmm well I'm glad it wasn't flat out just cancelled, I would wait for years if it comes to it, I love it and sensei needs to be in peak condition too, so let's just be nice and wait.

Also this could be an opportunity to try a new work, it's been teased in her twitter a lot, a setting with sword fighters, if that becomes a full manga I would gladly take it! but for now, good work, sensei and thank you for your hard work.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Aahh dang the set up for the rest of the volume looked so promising. @Serenata well said all we can do is wait for this to continue...in the meantime what are we reading these days?

joined Mar 4, 2018

;-;

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

And another one bites the dust...

joined Aug 15, 2020

And another one bites the dust...

Yup, I mean Hataraki Man foe example has also been 'on hiatus' since 2008, so 'hiatus' as far as I'm concerned is basically cancelled - if only simply by the author's own choice :/

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's putting it too simply, here's a fan translation of the notice https://mangadex.org/chapter/942e0b64-8de7-4060-9328-a6ebaaf27c00

The author didn't simply lose motivation, she is in fact doing a lot and you can check the twitter for that, in fact, I dare to say we'll see a new work more focused on action for a while... School zone wasn't cancelled, the author just wanted to try new things but it wasn't possible to handle both works at once so giving it a break was the best choice, unless you wanted a rushed ending.

I like her words, we have limited time in this world, so let's just do what we really want while we can. I'm sure new ideas for school zone will be born in the back of her mind in the meantime, for now I'm excited to see what she comes up with.

last edited at Dec 5, 2022 1:33PM

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

That's putting it too simply, here's a fan translation of the notice https://mangadex.org/chapter/942e0b64-8de7-4060-9328-a6ebaaf27c00

The author didn't simply lose motivation, she is in fact doing a lot and you can check the twitter for that, in fact, I dare to say we'll see a new work more focused on action for a while... School zone wasn't cancelled, the author just wanted to try new things but it wasn't possible to handle both works at once so giving it a break was the best choice, unless you wanted a rushed ending.

I like her words, we have limited time in this world, so let's just do what we really want while we can. I'm sure new ideas for school zone will be born in the back of her mind in the meantime, for now I'm excited to see what she comes up with.

Thank you for clearing things up! I rlly wanted a translation of the notice.
This manga is my literally top 1 of all times, it's very dear to me for years so I do feel the absolute worst to hear it's on hiatus, but knowing how breathtaking this artist can be, I'll be alongside them wherever and whenever. Sad to think that it could take years for it to go out of hiatus, but thinking of seeing other works from her is veery exciting.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

There is a piece of my heart that was occupied by School Zone but it was sadly torn away

I think it is an endless shame that the author lost her motivation because every fucking chapter seemed so purposeful
I really hope it comes back at some point and I'll still reserve both my lock screen and wallpaper to it

wholesomeholic
joined Mar 30, 2020

Wow, even though this was just the Volume Extra this chapter made me laugh out loud. School Zone is still a masterpiece that surpasses most of its peers.

But most importantly, are the words "sneak preview..." Please tell me this means that one day it will come back? Perhaps there's hope that hiatus might end one day... It would be so cruel if this is the last we ever see of this manga.

wholesomeholic
joined Mar 30, 2020

Wow, even though this was just the Volume Extra this chapter made me laugh out loud. School Zone is still a masterpiece that surpasses most of its peers.

But most importantly, are the words "sneak preview..." Please tell me this means that one day it will come back? Perhaps there's hope that hiatus might end one day... It would be so cruel if this is the last we ever see of this manga.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Oh god, I'm shipping them already.

I didn't expect Utsugi to be this violent lmao, she really did try to beat up the student council president, huh? I wonder if it's related to the old picture the nurse was looking at, where Utsugi had long, untamed hair and dead eyes.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Yep 100% shipping already. I really hope the hiatus isn't indefinite with this one ugh.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Put the bag out of its misery

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

I'm surprised they even released volume 5 with this indefinite hiatus.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Um, does anyone have a character/relationship chart...? It's kind of hard for me to follow this story when the updates are far apart and every chapter features a different character.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I don't know why but I love Sakaki. Everytime she (unintentinaly) makes me giggle. Sunshine is just trying way too hard.

last edited at Mar 19, 2023 3:40PM

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Um, does anyone have a character/relationship chart...? It's kind of hard for me to follow this story when the updates are far apart and every chapter features a different character.

There is this one folks posted about a year ago: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/17107-school-zone-discussion?page=81 (It doesn't have Sasaki on it though)

I miss the updates for this, but the three student council plain girls are good~

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

God fucking dammit I miss this series
I laughed so much at this chapter
fuck....FUCK!

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Lmao that poor bunny. It’s been a while and I thought I knew how funny this was but I was wrong. It’s even funnier than I thought.

To reply you must either login or sign up.