Forum › Snow Thaw & Love Letter discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

How dare you post the Metal Gear meme before I could.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I don't see what you're talking about... (˳˘ ɜ˘)

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I don't see what you're talking about... (˳˘ ɜ˘)

Looks like the scanlator spotted and fixed it.
(The pre-corrected version had "I fell asleep" on p4 written as "I feel asleep", which is identical to an infamous localization error from Metal Gear on the NES.)
edit: reads text under username more closely Ah, I see what you did there.

last edited at Oct 1, 2022 11:26AM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

It sure do be lonely up at the top

As a big retro game nerd, I feel the scanlator shouldn't have fixed it. It coulda been a fun reference~ I say "I feel asleep" all the time.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Appearance-wise, they look like the bloom into you pair. The premise feels like a dozen oneshots I read.

joined Jul 24, 2020

looking good! thanks a lot for the upload

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

So innocent. What a simple and naive story.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

really generic start, but we'll see with more chapters. wished there was more of a hook for the end of the chapter....but i do wanna read the next chapter to see what this series really is about so i guess it did it's job lol

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

She will get fanged!

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Strap in folks its gonna be a cutesy ride.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

It seems the manga name is 'Yukidoke to Agapanthus' in the original publishing?

I presume 'yukidoke' is snow thaw in Japanese, but what the hell a word is Agapanthus? Is it like love letter in Greek perhaps?

joined Apr 18, 2017

I miss this kind of story, just fluff and first love.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It seems the manga name is 'Yukidoke to Agapanthus' in the original publishing?

I presume 'yukidoke' is snow thaw in Japanese, but what the hell a word is Agapanthus? Is it like love letter in Greek perhaps?

A quick google says it's a type of flower, also known as Lily of the Nile or African Lily. The genus name is derived from the Greek words for "love" (agape) and "flower" (anthus). Also "love letter" is apparently one of its meanings in flower language.

last edited at Oct 1, 2022 2:04PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This may have been the first time I’ve seen the literal term “prince” used for a girl with long hair.

There have been plenty of long-haired “perfect” students whom everyone adores, of course, but usually people called “princes” have at least medium-length hair if not an androgynous short cut.

That’s maybe the only way this deviates from standard-issue tropes, but we shall see where it goes.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Okaaay what can we see from one chapter alone? just facts
1 She's lonely, no friends apparently
2 The new girl just gained a whole lot of enemies, potentially yanderes

My doubts and conjectures

1 The president of the school council has either a huge ego or confidence, or she's already in love with someone else, I'm interested in her.
2 I hope the transfer student noticed something beyond the looks to approach her so boldly, why are you so insistent that it has to be her? I would like to know.

last edited at Oct 1, 2022 2:19PM

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

At first I thought this was the serialization of the artist's pixiv series Takane-san and Arashi-chan, but only the cool girl's design is similar.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Eh, I don't really care if it lacks uniqueness, I'm in for a nice genki girl cheering up the chilly girl. Bet it'll be way less frustrating than Citrus.

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

The exposition was a bit heavy handed, kind of felt like it was trying to drill in the point of this mc's loneliness into my skull. I'm personally not getting much from the genki girl in terms of appeal, a bit of a lacklustre introduction for her as well. The colouring on the first page although is pretty dang nice and the art style is also similarly quite nice. Might stick around for a couple more to see if it gets better.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This may have been the first time I’ve seen the literal term “prince” used for a girl with long hair.

There have been plenty of long-haired “perfect” students whom everyone adores, of course, but usually people called “princes” have at least medium-length hair if not an androgynous short cut.

That’s maybe the only way this deviates from standard-issue tropes, but we shall see where it goes.

Utena was likened to a prince fairly frequently and had long, pink, hair.

2 I hope the transfer student noticed something beyond the looks to approach her so boldly, why are you so insistent that it has to be her? I would like to know.

I think what she noticed was "She looks lonely and you all are being super creepy."

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Omg, it's finally here.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Right, but she wanted to be a regarded as an actual ”prince,” like in nobility, as opposed to somebody who is just given that label in high school.

(And I should have specified in “yuri manga”—I have very limited interest in anime, and all but none at all in LNs.)

last edited at Oct 1, 2022 3:28PM

joined Oct 1, 2022

Finally, thank you. I was waiting for it. :)

Image_push%20(3)
joined Nov 2, 2019

She will get fanged!

I think that's a pretty good.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Right, but she wanted to be a regarded as an actual ”prince,” like in nobility, as opposed to somebody who is just given that label in high school.

(And I should have specified in “yuri manga”—I have very limited interest in anime, and all but none at all in LNs.)

There is an Utena manga that was published at the same time the tv anime was airing.

There's also a movie, a musical, and even a console game.

To reply you must either login or sign up.