Forum › A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Tiptoe kisses are the cutest kisses.

joined Nov 12, 2021

WHAT TYPE OF ENDING IS THISSSS (´༎ຶД༎ຶ) (´༎ຶД༎ຶ)
wheres the summer episodeeeeee ╥﹏╥
im so sad it comes to the end when i was not prepared of it

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

It was a good ending. Not one that was all that much expected tho

joined Mar 19, 2020

Ah I was hoping for a timeskip. Glad we got it. Weird to see it end after what? Four years? Crazy. One of my first and one of my favourites. I’ll miss it. I’m almost sad lol

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well this was a cute ending, thanks for the translation!

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

It took literal YEARS to get here, and to be honest, I'm sad to see it end. Top tier story, loved every bit.

Phone
joined Jul 23, 2020

This ended just now??? I didn't even realize it, I just decided to read one chapter on a whim lmao
I was expecting there to be a lot more ahead, that's a shame. Thankfully I read the 25th chapter, so I didn't spoil myself the whole ending ;)

Another thing that surprised me a lot is that the first chapter was uploaded in 2018, when I vividly remember seeing it the day it released, which felt much sooner, like two years ago lol, wth

Definitely looks like a really cute series though, I'd totally read it if I had free time.

Puppy
joined Jun 16, 2016

That was lovely :')

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This was such a fun story. But I'm glad to see it having a proper end.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

And thus,they lived happily eve-

Actually,they might be involved in the little bit of involvement with WWI,if I remember their era ecorrectly.

Maybe even generals by the time the Manchuria Incident occurs,if they haven't retired by then.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Actually,they might be involved in the little bit of involvement with WWI,if I remember their era ecorrectly.

We have to pretend that doesn't happen because Japan waged bone-chilling wars during this time period

joined Jan 20, 2021

Happy to see this get a good ending

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, that was so good. Indou really has grown, to stand her own and tell both mother and daughter how she truly feels. And such a lovely ending. ^_^

joined Sep 9, 2015

Yesss lovely! Just caught up with the prior two chapters before the last two so I could remember the drama lol. Nice to see a resolution and heartwarming yuri!! Probably the only thing I didn't get from this series was them calling each other by their first names, but love the feels throughout the end.

Also. Kagami is an absolute stunner at the end. She was already one of my favorite types, but full grown in uniform and long hair down? Ohkay <3

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We have to pretend that doesn't happen because Japan waged bone-chilling wars during this time period

Premise: “Taisho-era Japanese military, only fluffy, full of women and cute girls, and yuri-friendly.”

History: “Um, . . . I . . .that’s not . . . there were no . . . uh . . .” [trails off.]

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

This was one of the first series I started reading on this site so this ending is quite bittersweet especially since I would've gladly read more. Still, I am quite satisfied with the ending as is.

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

^ also one of my first! this might be my favorite as well. its short and sweet with some darker undertones obviously, given the whole war setting, kagami's guilt, and her mothers obvious mental trauma . There isn't much filler content, every chapter and every character serves a purpose and i was also very satisfied with the ending. also really liked the photos at the end! like everyone is sending the marching puppy letters after they graduate and continue on with their own military careers. ooba flying planes and aisen finally reuniting with tooyoka. my only complaint is that i want more. not more from this story per se but more involving these characters and the setting. this manga almost feels like a prelude to an entire war story, though anything more would probably end up being a bit darker, given the setting and the circumstances so it might be best left as it is. we saw what happened to natalya and eve ;-; anyways!! easy 10/10 from me, ill definitely be back to reread this for years to come! i also really hope this gets published in English one day, i'd honestly cry if that happened. and finally, thank you white garden for translating this story! ill admit the upload "schedule" was a bit frustrating but i'm glad its finally finished and i'm grateful for the time and effort that was put into your translation. after 5 years i honestly kinda feel a bit sad not waiting for the random upload lol always made my day!

last edited at Oct 1, 2022 11:36PM

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

coming back a few hours later to let the record show that it is just now really hitting me that this series is over and i am crying actual tears..

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Thanks for all the years of hard work, White Garden.

Sad to see this come to end but it was a good ending I think.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really wish this one had gone on longer—I would have liked to see some more scenes of Indou growing as a competent field soldier, for example. (Not to mention some Indou-top scenes.)

That said, (and I’ve commented on the weird ahistoricity of the story’s premise any number of times) this was pretty adorable for most of the way, with very appealing (to me) art, character designs, and settings.

And going back to the beginning, it serves as a good reminder to wait to see how things play out past first chapters—a number of readers pretty much lost their shit at what a “bully” Kagami was to Indou and how distasteful her character was. Those responses seemed to be a universe away when Kagami was running around with a bag of sweeties looking for her sweetie.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I haven't read it yet, but big shout outs to the translator(s) for finishing. Thanks so much and proud of you! I never lost hope.

joined Sep 23, 2022

Beautiful story,amazing,cute,lovely,thank you so much

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Good ending, great story (Kagami's mom ruined what could have been a great ending with all her BS but she did kinda save Indou so whatever). Indou going in for that kiss was so satisfying. This being the last chapter took me by surprise, felt like we'd get at least one more. Anyways, thanks so much to the translators for giving this to us, you all are the best.

joined Sep 23, 2022

Why this is ended :(((((

joined Sep 23, 2022

Kagami is so pretty and hot,I want a girlfriend like her

To reply you must either login or sign up.