Forum › The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess discussion

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

A bit of a generic start but good enough that I can give it a few more chapters

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

During Nekotarou's stream at Youtube, someone mentioned about being able to read chapter 1 in English...
Seems likes she doesn't bother by that, but still...just don't do it again in the future.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Wedding ring in the first chapter, we're off to a roaring start.

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

From Cathulus Syndrome fluff to serious Isekai...nice

61f8f9de6afa98bcb0f186a1_736_640_20945%20(1)
joined Mar 25, 2021

A yuri isekai manga where the main couple aren't head over heels for each other in the first chapter but rather, we're getting a normal plot development and heart-fluttering skinship (Lapis holding our MC with one hand and shooting magic with the other)???? Waiting for new chapters is gonna be so painful...

872f6125-d376-4c56-b454-2ea11e45ebc7
joined Jul 7, 2017

Is it me or do the character designs kind of look like Strawberry Panic

joined Jan 6, 2017

Is it me or do the character designs kind of look like Strawberry Panic

YES!

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

I'm intrigued. And I love character design of the main character.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Wait... the heroine chick called for familiars and summoned three fire dragons??

They call her "Diana" but it must be short for Daenerys Targaryen.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Wait... the heroine chick called for familiars and summoned three fire dragons??

They call her "Diana" but it must be short for Daenerys Targaryen.

You just blew my mind.

joined Jun 25, 2021

yuri isekai, and fantasy with adult protagonist are both pretty rare for manga, so that already makes it plenty enough non-generic for me

last edited at Aug 28, 2022 9:27PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

A villainess love interest who is not just a superficially mean softie could be interesting, but I can't make sense of the protagonist

joined Aug 30, 2022

Lapis will probably not become a villainess.
As seen in the beginning people are talking about Lapis, some were talking about her summoning dragon type familiar and some were saying if she failed it would be amusing, this happens alot when it comes to nobles, actors, president etc. That cause pressure to Lapis which probably lead her to make some bad decisions to reach the expectations of people. As we can see in Lapis character she lacks a friend (or girlfriend) that will support her and approach her not just because she's noble and make her feel comfortable and that not everyone is after her throat or something.
Mitori just needs to there for Lapis to prevent her from becoming a villainess. But the games system might make things hard for Mitori or something.

I'll still enjoy this.

joined Aug 30, 2022

Lapis will probably not become a villainess.
As seen in the beginning people are talking about Lapis, some were talking about her summoning dragon type familiar and some were saying if she failed it would be amusing, this happens alot when it comes to nobles, actors, president etc. That cause pressure to Lapis which probably lead her to make some bad decisions to reach the expectations of people. As we can see in Lapis character she lacks a friend (or girlfriend) that will support her and approach her not just because she's noble and make her feel comfortable and that not everyone is after her throat or something.
Mitori just needs to there for Lapis to prevent her from becoming a villainess. But the games system might make things hard for Mitori or something.

I'll still enjoy this.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

ngl this is kinda generic, BUT
the original setting of the game in-universe sounds kinda raw
like, especially if there's a secret villainess route where diana can kiss lapis
do you understand how fucking cool that would be? Naruto and Sasuke wish they were as tragic yet gay

joined Oct 14, 2014

I was kinda fed up of isekai + villainess stories (no offense to the genre, i just saw it too much and get tired), so i was going to give it a pass, but then i notice that the author is Neko Tarou, so here i am now :)
It was quite a decent start, and i'm particularly curious about who the villainess originally intend to summon, the one she said also had "foresight" like the mc.

sorry for the double post but I just saw this
it's pretty well-hinted that the person with foresight is her little sister
and I also have an inkling that her little sister was ALSO an isekai person.
midori is a transmigrator, while lapis's little sister would be a possessor.
We're only missing a reincarnator for the isekai holy trinity

edit: sorry for spoiling every plot twist y'all it's not my fault I read too many korean isekai webnovels

last edited at Aug 30, 2022 11:55AM

joined Apr 16, 2022

I just thought of this, but if you're right, maybe Lapis goes evil because she learns that her "sister" wasn't really her sister at all but some other person possessing her sister's body. (It would explain why Evil Lapis calls her a "thing.")

joined Oct 14, 2014

I just thought of this, but if you're right, maybe Lapis goes evil because she learns that her "sister" wasn't really her sister at all but some other person possessing her sister's body. (It would explain why Evil Lapis calls her a "thing.")

That's exactly what I was getting at, yeah. It would make a very good (albeit cliche) "reason" for her to go off her rocker, especially if Lapisis (my nickname for her little sister for now) decides to attempt to trigger the revolution route through unsavory means in the "original" storyline.

Also if Lapisis decided to go after Diana that would also make things kind of insane lol

joined Apr 16, 2022

That's exactly what I was getting at, yeah. It would make a very good (albeit cliche) "reason" for her to go off her rocker, especially if Lapisis (my nickname for her little sister for now) decides to attempt to trigger the revolution route through unsavory means in the "original" storyline.

I don't think it would be cliche, really. If anything, despite the sheer amount of isekai stories where the protagonist takes over the body of a fictional/fantasy person, they almost never have to face that person's friends/family being upset that their loved one's body is essentially being puppeteered by a stranger. (The only exception I can think of offhand is Ascendance of a Bookworm, and it gets resolved quickly.)

joined Oct 14, 2014

I don't think it would be cliche, really. If anything, despite the sheer amount of isekai stories where the protagonist takes over the body of a fictional/fantasy person, they almost never have to face that person's friends/family being upset that their loved one's body is essentially being puppeteered by a stranger. (The only exception I can think of offhand is Ascendance of a Bookworm, and it gets resolved quickly.)

It's pretty common in KR isekai I think, there's a newish webnovel whose entire premise is predicated on a family member getting asspained that his younger brother got possessed
(Also, reincarnators are more common than possessors, and typically don't face any issues from the original inhabitants due to having lived through infancy in the world, while Myne is a possessor which is relatively less common.)

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 5:54PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

As this is the first chapter, I'm side stepping any critique and just going to say that I'm looking forward to this OL x villaness work. Best of both worlds, imho.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Peepz who are discussing whether Lapis is evil or not should give it a rest: it doesn't matter, as one way or the other the OL has the cure for all her problems. You know how it works:

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Dr. Charlie prescribes grumpy girlfriends.

But honestly I love the gacha reroll opener. That's so. Modern? Refreshing?

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Frog
joined Oct 14, 2020

does she die soon

To reply you must either login or sign up.