Forum › When We Get Closer discussion

joined Jul 21, 2020

Are you sure Xu Hao and Unnamed Character are not the same person?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Are you sure Xu Hao and Unnamed Character are not the same person?

Yes, quite sure. I thought so too at first but remember, Xu Hao called Ting in the first episode, and it's not the first time, so obviously she has his number.

Meanwhile, Unnamed Character messaged her for the first time, from an unknown number.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Sooo, Xu Hao is going to be an annoying character, isn’t he? Also, who comes over to someone’s place uninvited and then chastises them for wearing what’s comfortable for them in their own home. Wth dude?

61f8f9de6afa98bcb0f186a1_736_640_20945%20(1)
joined Mar 25, 2021

So much. Drama. Ugh.

61f8f9de6afa98bcb0f186a1_736_640_20945%20(1)
joined Mar 25, 2021

So much. Drama. Ugh.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Getting some real Alabama vibes from those sisters

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It weirds me out that the fitness instructor smokes. I know, I know--even where I live that wasn't unusual a few decades ago. Not a criticism. Just weirds me out.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This is quite the cast we're building up to, at only chapter two

Bikko
joined Feb 17, 2022

That scene where she skates up to Jiang, goddamn. If only a woman would do that to me IRL.

joined Mar 28, 2021

MUSCLE MOMMY

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Getting some real Alabama vibes from those sisters

I'll go get the banjo.

Also right? I wasn't entirely sure if they'd just start kissing out of the blue.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

It weirds me out that the fitness instructor smokes. I know, I know--even where I live that wasn't unusual a few decades ago. Not a criticism. Just weirds me out.

Yeah, I totally get what you mean. I couldn't stop thinking about it during the whole scene.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Yeah, I totally get what you mean. I couldn't stop thinking about it during the whole scene.

I know a few doctors (live near a hospital) who still smoke and vape even now.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

It was the cut away shots that did it, like when they showed both their feet and then the older one was on her tiptoes for a bit. Playing with all kinds of expectations here.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I think that's the thing, stress from any job (also life circumstances) can lead people to smoke and have other unhealthy outlets, such as bad eating habits and so fourth. I've heard from family that works in the medical field that there's a good amount of doctors and nurses that aren't healthy for various reasons. Just goes to show that life is often pretty hard for most everyone.

joined May 3, 2014

I’m still not getting used to the no bloody nose humans, they all look like VOLDEMORT!!!

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

lmao I love the kid seeing the lesbianism emanating off of them

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

That one gal might as well be a space marine: honkin' huge. Little Timmy's gonna have some distracting thoughts for a while.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I think that's the thing, stress from any job (also life circumstances) can lead people to smoke and have other unhealthy outlets, such as bad eating habits and so fourth. I've heard from family that works in the medical field that there's a good amount of doctors and nurses that aren't healthy for various reasons. Just goes to show that life is often pretty hard for most everyone.

Even though I get what you mean, I wouldn't really be surprised in the same way if it were a doctor/medical professional smoking. I mean, yeah a doctor supposedly knows that it's bad for them and thus they shouldn't do it, but if we're being honest, most people have unhealthy habits, even though they know they're unhealthy. It's because a fitness instructor is actively working to maintain a healthy body that it stands out to me.

It weirds me out [...]

It was the cut away shots that did it, like when they showed both their feet and then the older one was on her tiptoes for a bit. Playing with all kinds of expectations here.

I think you're quoting the wrong comment here...
Also, if I'm guessing right and you're talking about the sisters, I'd say that the scene with the feet likely did imply a kiss, but I don't see why that couldn't be a sisterly kiss (on the cheek perhaps)

last edited at Sep 14, 2022 5:03AM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

That one gal might as well be a space marine: honkin' huge. Little Timmy's gonna have some distracting thoughts for a while.

With a little luck, this kid's preferences have now been permanently set

joined Apr 16, 2022

This manhua definitely has non-standard pacing and storytelling style, it almost feels like an arthouse movie at points, with how much it emphasizes certain minute actions. It's sort of like Akebi-chan's Sailor Uniform...or One Punch Man. (Now those are two manga that are compared all the time, amirite?)

I'll also confess right now I'm 100% Team Yushan, even though her chances are slim.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I want to like this cause muscle, but the art just feels off.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Art doesn't bother me... The story itself just feels all over the place with so much going on but also nothing going on at the exact same time.

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

Liu Ke transgender??

joined Nov 6, 2021

I'm really liking the story and curious about how is going to turn out, for example the blue haired lady is in Korea but didn't meet Jiang Ting yet, looking forward to that!

To reply you must either login or sign up.