Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Well, that escalated quickly, not that I mind. Really like how the manga develops. It kinda morphs. Like it's not a butterfly yet, but it's clearly no longer a caterpillar. I guess I'm being too metaphoric here that I'm not sure I'm consciously fully aware of what I mean myself, but yeah...

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

Wait... Age gap, roommates, comedy?
How the fluke did I miss that one until today?
Gotta read it soon

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I was not expecting Miyako to admit her feelings to herself. And I guess she’s picked up that Asako is gay. This is fun.

The way this was presented I'm not 100% sure I'm right... but I think there was nothing to "pick up" because she was straight up told that in chapter 5. At least that's how I interpret things from this page onward:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maitsuki_niwatsuki_ooyatsuki_ch05#14

joined Apr 3, 2021

I was not expecting Miyako to admit her feelings to herself. And I guess she’s picked up that Asako is gay. This is fun.

The way this was presented I'm not 100% sure I'm right... but I think there was nothing to "pick up" because she was straight up told that in chapter 5. At least that's how I interpret things from this page onward:

I thought “sucker for looks” was ambiguous enough that Miyako might not have realized it meant Asako is gay. But obviously she did.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Wait... Age gap, roommates, comedy?
How the fluke did I miss that one until today?
Gotta read it soon

Welcome aboard!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I thought “sucker for looks” was ambiguous enough that Miyako might not have realized it meant Asako is gay. But obviously she did.

Well we also had Hatomori telling about her about past relationships (off-panel, but what kind of "past" could have Myiako meant, and there is that comment that she "didn't learn her lesson"). I guess there is a possibility that Hatomori didn't mention that they were women, but the whole discussion about looks was in the context of Myiako. I interpreted it this way on the first reading too, although I do agree that it's not a 100% confirmation, and the manga likes to be subtle with these things (which is one of the reasons I enjoy it).

last edited at Aug 31, 2022 6:30PM

joined Mar 23, 2022

no no no ms landlord don't be discouraged the gay force is guiding you on the right path,follow the whisper of your barbie!

joined Mar 23, 2022

I like where this is going and she already realize her feelings for her.*v*

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Fun chapter despite the last bits.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Aww... How did this chapter go from really cute and fluffy to sad in two damn pages. I'm glad she's realized her feelings and all but that ending hurt Asako seems to be the generic oblivious as fuck main character though. I mean Myiako didn't flat our flirt or anything but the sudden change in demeanor should have at least had her question why Myiako was doing what she was doing.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Aww... How did this chapter go from really cute and fluffy to sad in two damn pages. I'm glad she's realized her feelings and all but that ending hurt Asako seems to be the generic oblivious as fuck main character though. I mean Myiako didn't flat our flirt or anything but the sudden change in demeanor should have at least had her question why Myiako was doing what she was doing.

Given how she can be at times, she probably chalked it to her eccentricity.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Given how she can be at times, she probably chalked it to her eccentricity.

Agreed

joined Mar 23, 2022

I love her confidence about her face, and already realized that her oneesan like her only platonically atleast she realized it, unlike some character I know that misunderstand the word "like" as them being mutual already.

De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

Love the comic, art is cute, story decent, but uhm....ABOLISH LANDLORDS!!!
that's all

There’s Yuri potential in landlords, we should keep them for now

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Love the comic, art is cute, story decent, but uhm....ABOLISH LANDLORDS!!!
that's all

There’s Yuri potential in landlords, we should keep them for now

There is yuri potential in zombie apocalypses, too, but I still do not think having one is a good idea.

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 4:29AM

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

I reread the whole thing again and I really like this one.

The art is great, the pacing is good and the I love how distinctive and detailed everyone's fashion is. Asako is such a kind and caring lady, I would be falling apart at the seams for her too lol.

We haven't really had a chance to see how Asako feels about all this newfound attention from Miyako so I'm really curious to see how she feels. But I'm predicting a sudden living-apart situation now that Miyako has made a realisation.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I think the end panels are a positive step,.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

i dont understand her last comment - does she mean she'll stop pursuing onee-san? or she'll confess asap?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

i dont understand her last comment - does she mean she'll stop pursuing onee-san? or she'll confess asap?

I think she will confess, and probably take up her friend’s offer to get another place to live for some time. Don’t expect it to be on chapter 14 tho, maybe 15 or 16. She can probably try to get over her feelings first.

To me, the last pages are Miyako saying she doesn’t think it’s right to “force” Suga-san to live with someone who has second intentions (romantically) without her knowing, specially since their living situation can easily be compared to that of a couple (“domestic partnership” as Hato-san said lol) and if the other party is not comfortable with such, the interested one can’t keep making them play a part in that.
In other words, she doesn’t think Asako would feel comfortable living with someone interested in her if she doesn’t reciprocate it. So if those feelings were found out rather than told, it would put the older woman in a tough spot (“I can’t believe I acted as such and such to someone attracted to me”).

Also the power dynamic of landlady/tenant might stop Asako from protesting against the other’s requests (even the not ill-intented) or even make her feel like she owes something to “Miss Landlord” and force herself to please the person who can kick her out of her house on a whim at all costs (getting in a relationship even if she doesn’t really want it).
Not that Miyako would do any of that or that Asako would jump to such conclusion. But the reality is that she recognises the fact she holds power over the one she loves does not place them as equals and therefore a resolve regarding those feelings would never be truly reached.

4a988c9f-5d1b-45ec-9cf6-77d69949c95c
joined Jul 30, 2022

finally an update thank youuu

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

She had to ask her to stop sparkling. Hilarious.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Or, hear me out, she is entirely aware that the landlord is being weird, but decided to not comment on it.

Like, how exactly is she supposed to talk about this? "Hey uh miss landlord, I've been noticing that you're behaving strangely, and I'm just wondering but are you flirting with me???" is a very awkward thing to say.

Also, like how miss landlord pointed out as the end of the chapter, they're landlord and tenant, there's a power dynamic at play here; kinda like a boss subtly coming on to their employee. So yeah, miss landlord should just confess her feelings and sort things out from there.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Wahhhh! Yay for confirmation! I also like it when it’s the person I didn’t expect to develop feelings first before the confirmed gay character. Feels refreshing. And bruh the sparkling was hilarious.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I'm not sure how I missed this one up until now. The artwork is lovely and expressive particularly when it comes to facial expressions and body language. That moment of epiphany Myiako had when her friends brought up that she really liked Suga-san was well done.

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

Omggg she was sooo cute trying really hard to get her to notice her :3

To reply you must either login or sign up.