Forum › Land of the Tengu discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I don't know. This felt like a very long chapter for very little, and that entire cliche "school celebrity" thing is a bit ... meh, even when dressed up in fantastical elements.

I do like the eye thing though. They are just occasionally fire, don't worry about it, perfectly normal eye things. (:

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Quite a nice continuation, although I remain cautious about Amakake.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Head of the class? Queue the music.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

It’s very clear the author has this huge detailed world in their head that they wanna share, but they’re kinda not good at presenting it as a story. A little too much telling, not a whole lot of showing. No shade on that, I’m in pretty much the same position with my own shit, but there’s definitely room for improvement there.

Worldbuilding was created so gay people could engineer their own universes with physics and cultures that allow for otherwise-unimaginable exercises of homosexuality, and so this is the grandest application of the fantasy genre. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Temp, you are a gift to this website. Please never change.

last edited at Aug 9, 2022 6:31PM

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

oh my god it's happening LETS GO LESBIANS LETS GO ARE YOU READY TENGU LAND?!!

joined Nov 21, 2018

The first chapter was kind of hard to follow but the second is much easier. Re-reading the first chapter after reading the 2nd helped a lot.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I am gonna save this til the end of the volume and binge it. It looks interesting.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Worldbuilding was created so gay people could engineer their own universes with physics and cultures that allow for otherwise-unimaginable exercises of homosexuality, and so this is the grandest application of the fantasy genre. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

I concur!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

and that's it, a fun little story although I certainly would have loved to see more, but then again this seems to have been this author's first original work and I was entranced.

I really liked this and will be looking forward to seeing more from this author with their other works.

last edited at Sep 14, 2022 7:20PM

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

This feels incredibly disjointed somehow. I feel like there's so much in-betweens that were left out for whatever reason and that just made this whole thing more confusing than it should have been. I'd definitely love to read more of this if hiven the opportunity tho

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

If there was more time and pages, I think it'd feel more cohesive, and probably more "yuri," but I liked the worldbuilding a lot and if any more appears I'll definitely be supporting the artist. It was cute! And cool!

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

This feels incredibly disjointed somehow. I feel like there's so much in-betweens that were left out for whatever reason and that just made this whole thing more confusing than it should have been. I'd definitely love to read more of this if hiven the opportunity tho

It's just the problem with doujinshi saga stories. The giant world and characters is simply not something a person can maintain without doing it full-time as a job (and as we know full-time mangaka have crazy work schedules). It's ambitious but sadly these always end the same: either an abrupt ending when the author runs out of gas and sees they barely made progress or the story stretches tens of doujinshi over years and the story just becomes very unfocused and lost.

last edited at Sep 14, 2022 10:30PM

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

the lesbians are alive, happy and together at the end I'M SO HAPPY FOR THEM (❤´艸`❤)

joined Feb 18, 2022

The end? They just got off the starting blocks...

joined May 23, 2021

Very short but very sweet. I liked it.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

when the good part just started...it ended....it was fun while it lasted i suppose. wish we had more of the flirting and spending time together...maybe a little more about them talking about their feelings and getting closer without a huge time skip. sigh, such is the doujinshi life

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

What do you mean the end? I want more!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Quite nice, although I do wish we could have learned more about the silver wings, at least whether she let her girlfriend know about them.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

A little surprised the extra isn't about Shizuki with Kureha but with someone else but i'll take it

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's quite the extra...

joined Mar 19, 2020

Glad komera decided to keep it short and sweet instead of prolonging it and never finishing. Definitely a cool world and while it was somewhat disjointed, you could pretend we’re just seeing snippets of a larger narrative. Especially since this is supposed to be their ‘past’. The characters were fun too and I loved those fits lol

joined Mar 19, 2020

A little surprised the extra isn't about Shizuki with Kureha but with someone else but i'll take it

Same, I feel a bit torn

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

That ended quite simply,but now have chances for even more non-Touhou tengu fun times.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

ah...Please continue!!!! I cannot have this manga enough! Extra is good too...

last edited at Sep 15, 2022 8:28PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.