Forum › Kill Switch discussion

61f8f9de6afa98bcb0f186a1_736_640_20945%20(1)
joined Mar 25, 2021

I need more ;-;

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Wait what, they're actually going to talk about things? Incredible

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Holy shit they’re managing their feelings like adults. That’s so cool.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

YEAH!!!!!!!! WOO???? YEAH!!!!!!

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

MATURITY???? HELL YEAH??? LOVE IT

joined Jun 3, 2014

So Hwayeon isn't a lesbian(?), she just super possessive huh

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Wow they managed to make me feel bad for Hwayeon.
The anxiety of suspecting your lover is drifting to another person, and then someone texts you that they have been seen together rn this night, and you are desperately waiting for her to return to talk things out and try to save your relationship but the hours go by and she doesn't return...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So Hwayeon isn't a lesbian(?), she just super possessive huh

She's bi and apparently previously unaware that is a thing.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Wow they managed to make me feel bad for Hwayeon.
The anxiety of suspecting your lover is drifting to another person, and then someone texts you that they have been seen together rn this night, and you are desperately waiting for her to return to talk things out and try to save your relationship but the hours go by and she doesn't return...

The thing is...they're not really lovers? I mean, in a relationship sense, they've obviously had sex. But Jeongwon clearly doesn't think of them as "together," and can't put a name to their relationship when pressed. (though, she does admit it's more than friends)

Hwayeon is clearly obsessed with and in love with Jeongwon, but prefers to use manipulation and isolation to keep them "together" rather than just confessing her feelings and risk getting hurt. She treats Jeongwon more like a possession to be defended than a partner; it's no wonder there's no trust there, because she knows that the only things keeping Jeongwon from pursuing Jisoo were a bunch of lies and threats.

I certainly can emphasize with her, because she's clearly got some issues that lead to all the aforementioned manipulation and difficulty with emotional honesty, but I still think any problems she's feeling now are largely her own fault.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I'd have felt bad for if she wans't insane so now I am just looking forward to more and more to her eventual snap.

joined Mar 28, 2021

i’ve been rooting for hwayeon and jisoo, the fact i still feel bad for hwayeon is concerning…hwayeon is still hot tho <3 (jisoo is hot too)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hwayeon needs therapy, not a relationship... Getting drunk and effectively forcing yourself on the first person who was kind to you is not cool, regardless of genders and orientations involved.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Ohmygoodness ohmygoodness ohmygoodness.

Hwayeon is a poster girl of all the things that can -- and will -- go wrong when you don't communicate properly with your lover.

Sure, it can be argued that Jeongwon is a bit dense for not noticing, but still...

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I'm dying to see if Hwayeon keeps things bottled up or if she tries something sneaky

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm so curious whether this is gonna go the "New Love interest wins bc old love interest didn't act/was too slow" route or the "New Love Interest paves the way for Win of the Old Love interest in the end" route. Bc rn I can see both happening in the end :thinking:

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Go for Triangulation. Hopefully no strangulation.

last edited at Jul 2, 2022 6:21PM

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

I'm really interested in what Hwayeon has been thinking so far. This was the obvious outcome from the beginning, and she clearly anticipated it given all the stuff she's done, so why did she let it happen? As has also been obvious and as they discuss in this chapter, the only reason Hwayeon and Jeongwon aren't dating is because Hwayeon doesn't reciprocate her feelings, except that she obviously does now, so what makes her so against dating Jeongwon? Earlier, when she admitted to being jealous of Jisoo, couldn't she have easily said, "I'm jealous of her because I'm in love with you, let's start going out officially"? Does she have some kind of romantic trauma? Was she just that attached to not feeling committed? Why would she feel that way when she so clearly wants commitment, and is easily able to admit that to herself?

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Does she have some kind of romantic trauma? Was she just that attached to not feeling committed? Why would she feel that way when she so clearly wants commitment, and is easily able to admit that to herself?

Hwayeon is a liar and a manipulator, who has a lot of trouble with honesty and emotional vulnerability. She literally met Jeongwon by inadvertently tricking the latter into paying for money that Hwayeon really did steal. And after that, she kept on manipulating and mooching off Jeongwon to the point of even sleeping with her just to see what it would be like. (that's her own words) It wasn't until later that she realized she'd actually caught feelings...and then it was too late.

Their relationship has clearly - to both of them - been almost all take and no give the entire time. The only reason it lasted so long is that Jeongwon, against her own better judgement, had developed feelings she knew were doomed. Yeah, Hwayeon could probably have done things differently if she'd been more honest with Jeongwon about her feelings...but that would have required Hwayeon to be honest at all, which is clearly something she's got huge difficulty doing.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Does she have some kind of romantic trauma? Was she just that attached to not feeling committed? Why would she feel that way when she so clearly wants commitment, and is easily able to admit that to herself?

Hwayeon is a liar and a manipulator, who has a lot of trouble with honesty and emotional vulnerability. She literally met Jeongwon by inadvertently tricking the latter into paying for money that Hwayeon really did steal. And after that, she kept on manipulating and mooching off Jeongwon to the point of even sleeping with her just to see what it would be like. (that's her own words) It wasn't until later that she realized she'd actually caught feelings...and then it was too late.

Their relationship has clearly - to both of them - been almost all take and no give the entire time. The only reason it lasted so long is that Jeongwon, against her own better judgement, had developed feelings she knew were doomed. Yeah, Hwayeon could probably have done things differently if she'd been more honest with Jeongwon about her feelings...but that would have required Hwayeon to be honest at all, which is clearly something she's got huge difficulty doing.

Very good analysis. It is for these very reasons that I do not see a future for Jeongwon x Hwayeon at this point: it has been poisoned too much by Hwayeon's past behaviors to survive. Jisoo offers Jeongwon a clean slate, and even if they don't end up in a relationship, I cannot see Jeongwon and Hwayeon getting back together after this in a very long time, not until both (but particularly Hwayeon) have done a lot of self-reflection and healing. That said, I am really hoping that the author gives Hwayeon said character development and am rooting for her long-term success. :-)

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 5:04AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Their relationship has clearly - to both of them - been almost all take and no give the entire time.

All take and no give? Really?

This reminds me of an old episode of Marriage with Children. The Bundys received by mistake a lot of money and they all started spending and buying stuff like crazy. Bud Bundy in particular used his share of the money to buy expensive presents for popular sexy girls from his school who in return had sex with him. Then the original mistake was discovered and the crestfallen Bundys had to give the money back.

Al and Peg complained bitterly: "We didn't get to keep anything! They took all our stuff! We had to return everything!"

But Bud, with a lascivious grin, corrected them: "No... not everything."

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Their relationship has clearly - to both of them - been almost all take and no give the entire time.

I mean...yeah.

Jeongwon getting and enjoying the sex doesn't change the fact that Hwayeon was using her for her money, her home and her body. Jeongwon flat out says that she wanted more out of the relationship, despite believing it was impossible; because, again, she knew Hwayeon didn't love her. She allowed things to get like that against her own better judgement, and because she caught feelings despite herself.

In your example, it sounds like Bud Bundy was specifically looking to have meaningless sex with a bunch of girls; Jeongwon isn't after that at all, she wants a girlfriend, so I don't really see how they're similar.

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 3:47PM

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

In your example, it sounds like Bud Bundy was specifically looking to have meaningless sex with a bunch of girls; Jeongwon isn't after that at all, she wants a girlfriend, so I don't really see how they're similar.

I believe she means Jeongwon got a whole lot of good sex, meaningless or not, and that's always a solid plus. Everybody likes good sex, never mind what else they may want.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kill_switch_ch27#10

Wtf is going on with the fingers behind her back?

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kill_switch_ch27#10

Wtf is going on with the fingers behind her back?

She's holding the pinkie of her left hand in her right hand.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

oooooooh the tea in this vacation is gonna be so pipping hot and delicious i can taste it already (★‿★)

To reply you must either login or sign up.