Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

lmao at hatomori and ruri just embodying the comments in the last couple of pages. perfectly done, author.

asasadf

their reactions are perfect lmfao

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I really like this series a lot. The art is great and the story has been done well so far... Also I wonder if those likes are two different kinds of likes said at the end there lol.

If I had to guess i'd say they both took it as "I like like her but she probably only likes me as a friend". That or Suga understood perfectly well and just chose to ignore it. to protect herself or some other reason

I honestly think Suga is not quite there yet when it comes to how she sees Miyako. I think Miyako meant is as "I like her" (see the little sparks when she stops and thinks about the "liking" remark?), and Suga thought "Oh, how sweet, she sees me as a friend. I like her too, she's nice."
Suga still has many things to stop her from admitting she might feel anything for Miyako (her being the landlord, being too young/immature, Suga's past relationship hurting her, the whole reason she moved was to be single, etc). It will probably take a long time before she realizes that what they have going on is basically marriage already.

last edited at Jul 1, 2022 5:01PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Probably the usual "suki", which is very ambiguous in Japanese.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

This was a great chapter all around! Well done!

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I feel like Miyako has had a crush on "Onee-san" for a while, and this is her finally realizing it. Her saying it out loud there comes across less like a confession, and more like a thought voiced out loud. She doesn't seem like the type to angst much over it, so I'm betting the next volume is going to be her going on the offensive to win Suga's affections (with adorable and hilarious results).

Meanwhile, I don't think Asako is at that point yet. She clearly really cares about Miyako, but it's more of a protective and affection kind of caring, rather than romantic. It's likely that she's still burned from her last relationship, as well as all the logical reasons why Miyako might seem "off-limits." (she's younger and less mature, she's in a position of authority as her landlady, she's a former idol so there's a gap there, and - the big one - Asako probably assumes she's straight) I think it will take a little while before Asako starts to fall for Miyako that way, and likely even longer before she'll allow herself to admit it.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

in terms of what their respective 'likes' meant, my read is that miyako's is more serious. she hears the word and appears to consider and perhaps realise something, before stating her feelings quite simply. suga, though, doesn't seem to get this, or perhaps can't believe it and so replies flippantly.

just a guess, but that's how the various subtleties of the interaction struck me. this was also masterfully done imo, just an all round excellent chapter

edit: ^beaten and better expressed by the previous post

last edited at Jul 1, 2022 5:16PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So, how many people in an Idiot Couple need to be idiots for it to count as an idiot Couple?

Asking for a friend . . .

joined Jan 14, 2020

Given the "rare skinship" of Japan, Miyako grabbing Suga's hand, and later leaning on her -- in front of others! -- seem, well, suggestive...

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

So, how many people in an Idiot Couple need to be idiots for it to count as an idiot Couple?

Asking for a friend . . .

Rest assured that by Volume 3 this tag will be added
Miyako realized she has a thing for Suga in Chapter 7 but is perhaps too naive/inexperienced to act on her true intentions and her statement in page 22 was a brief act of courage. Or she just doesn't see it as fully romantic yet (just a but). She will, however, be getting closer and closer to her tenant.
Suga? Well, she's a useless lesbian. Will probably take her 2 volumes and Miyako saying 'I love you' for her to admit her cute landlord is not just being friendly.

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Getting gayer....

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That was absolutely hilarious, well done author.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I agree with the haters, lol, never liked that overly cutesy idol act. Anyway, I'm glad to see some forward momentum in the feelings department.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I'm happy to see her former idol colleagues are all nice people and there is no animosity to draw drama from.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Suga? Well, she's a useless lesbian. Will probably take her 2 volumes and Miyako saying 'I love you' for her to admit her cute landlord is not just being friendly.

Given she already was in a relationship, maybe she is not as useless as one might think.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Given she already was in a relationship, maybe she is not as useless as one might think.

but it was a toxic one, so she might have some terrible self-esteem issues that will deem her incapable of noticing someone really nice (and not a major b—) is giving her affection and looking her way romantically

the useless lesbian was a joke bc she's a sucker for looks, the real deal is the trauma she experienced

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

It does not matter what they say. Hand holding and squeezing means they cross that line. Miyako on top and squeezes, Suga does not pull her hand back. In fact I think Suga turns her hand and holds Miyako, but it is hard to tell from that panel as the drawing is not that clear. If this is not happening inside a haunted house, then there is only one other reason the two will hold and squeeze hands, even if it is done unconsciously. These two just did not really understand their own feelings yet, even though their friends already noticed it. Suga definitely noticed what that meant when Miyako squeezing her hand. Hence the (!). Then we have the body language, the way they sit together. If we have never read this manga, and are just shown those panels, nobody will think that they are not a couple. This is a comedy. Those two more or less are idiots and that is why it is so fun.

last edited at Jul 2, 2022 12:44AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Great chapter! Greater ending! The idols’s reactions were spot on realistic. Once the awkwardness dialed up to ten, they bailed out of there. I Guess some friends will only go so far. Looking forward to the ending!

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I want to see more of Hato-san. Her reactions are indeed funny

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Masina posted:

It does not matter what they say. Hand holding and squeezing means they cross that line. Miyako on top and squeezes, Suga does not pull her hand back. In fact I think Suga turns her hand and holds Miyako, but it is hard to tell from that panel as the drawing is not that clear. If this is not happening inside a haunted house, then there is only one other reason the two will hold and squeeze hands, even if it is done unconsciously.

I think you're reading too much into it from the point of view of Asako. She's a caring person (as highlighted in the previous chapters) and knows that Miyako has a trauma from her previous life as an idol. So she acts in support of Miyako, not because of some affection.

Suga is still obviously in "big sister" and overly caring mode, she doesn't see Miyako as a romantic possibility.

Miyako is getting more and more attached. She probably never knew love, but it's starting to take shape in that direction, even if she's not there yet.

We probably have a while before any "real" romance can start (if ever).

joined Aug 21, 2017

Good chapter, good progress.

Miasmaphonia
Majyofin(1)
joined Feb 14, 2021

I'm happy to see her former idol colleagues are all nice people and there is no animosity to draw drama from.

Seriously, this is my favorite thing about this chapter.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

funny how the 2 best friends are on to something. hahaha

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Terrific chapter. I love Ruri, and I'm glad that all four idol-buddies seem to be good people. Also some interesting seeds of progress that I'm looking forward to seeing unfold.

Meanwhile, I don't think Asako is at that point yet. She clearly really cares about Miyako, but it's more of a protective and affection kind of caring, rather than romantic...

Especially considering her motherly nature was a major breakpoint in her previous relationship and something that does still gnaw at her, as seen briefly in chapter 8. It'll take some time for her to bounce back from that and also bridge her motherly affection toward Miyako and any potential romantic affection she might have, which by the way also has its seeds planted thanks to her prime weakness - looks.

I also love the way Ruri and Hatomori bounced off one another and their fully synched reactions, I feel like they'll get along very well, or to put it simply:

Hatomori x Ruri

Yes, please.

last edited at Jul 2, 2022 1:12PM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Miyako definitely meant "like" in a romantic way, I think it's actually really well done how you have her visibly stopping, considering for a second, then realising that she actually "likes" Suga and immediately vocalising that thought. It all fits very well with her character and is a prime example of showing without telling imo.

Suga however probably genuinely means her reply in a friendly way for the various reasons others have stated. It's also interesting to see Miyako's reaction to that, where she interprets the reply and looks maybe a teeny bit disappointed (?) but immediately recovers and seems to to resolve that this is a good enough start.

Also:

Hatomori x Ruri

I didn't know that I wanted this but GOD do I want this to happen now

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Page 12 is interesting. On the one hand it looks like just the kind of a situation where the Japanese wording is intentionally ambiguous about who the "ya" is, but I also feel it as a suggestion that Miyako has gotten over Ruri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.