Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

After reading Walk To Death, I think I finally understand Komachi. I bet she’s similar to tokiko.

They both seem compelled by the desires of others and both have unconventional ways of expressing their emotions. They do differ a bit emotionally though. Tokiko made no secret of her emotional deficiencies and didn’t seem to understand why her behaviour made others uncomfortable, while Komachi reads to me as having a similar emotional disorder, just being a lot better at faking it. She knows how to pretend to be normal, which Tokiko never had any desire to even attempt.

If it turns out Komachi’s “cursed” in someway like Tokiko was, I would not be surprised. Would also explain why people keep almost dying around at this school. If Satsuki lost her magic corpse-vision there would be a bloodbath.

joined Feb 27, 2018

Btw, between Satuski and Prez, Id take prez side. But both are extremes, making this argument a bit unreasonable.
Id take his side simply because his moral code has more potential.

I side more with Satsuki, a life is a life. No matter how vile a person is they have a right to live and murdering them in cold blood (either via Jigsaw style traps or execution) makes us just as bad or even potentially worse as we’re inflicting the same thing or worse onto someone as a twisted punishment.
And because I know someone will point this out (not you specifically, but there are always people who try) self-defence is acceptable because you are actively defending yourself from a hostile aggressor(s), whereas what the school president is doing is cold blooded murder in retaliation to a lesser crime.
Basically the Victorian ethos of “men are not hanged for stealing horses, but so that horses may not be stolen”. I:E let’s inflict cruelty on those we don’t understand or wish to so they’ll obey/leave us alone.

last edited at Jun 30, 2022 5:02AM

joined Feb 27, 2018

sure his method is merciless, but why let the Bully bully more people, it's like talking to serial killer and send them to jail for 5 years and releases him, guess what? Serial killer kills more people and this time it's hard to catch him, what a perfect world.
Why am I comparing Bully with Serial Killer? Both lacking care of others, they just do it for their enjoyment, they don't care about other.

What is this? Injustice: Gods Among Us? lmao

What's your point?

Cause one of the major points of that story is that if we lower ourselves to the same standards as the ones we’re fighting we inevitably become them. Superman literally starts killing people because joker blew up metropolis and the original story ends with superman trying to destroy metropolis to have his way.

Also side note, a bully and a serial killer are in no way comparable, more often than not a bully is the victim of even greater abuse either at home or somewhere else. And the biggest difference is that a bully is usually a child and when you are arguing for the death of a CHILD because they made bad choices you should really take a step back and think about your argument.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Btw, between Satuski and Prez, Id take prez side. But both are extremes, making this argument a bit unreasonable.
Id take his side simply because his moral code has more potential.

I side more with Satsuki, a life is a life. No matter how vile a person is they have a right to live and murdering them in cold blood (either via Jigsaw style traps or execution) makes us just as bad or even potentially worse as we’re inflicting the same thing or worse onto someone as a twisted punishment.
And because I know someone will point this out (not you specifically, but there are always people who try) self-defence is acceptable because you are actively defending yourself from a hostile aggressor(s), whereas what the school president is doing is cold blooded murder in retaliation to a lesser crime.
Basically the Victorian ethos of “men are not hanged for stealing horses, but so that horses may not be stolen”. I:E let’s inflict cruelty on those we don’t understand or wish to so they’ll obey/leave us alone.

Amen. The prez has many loose screws, he is not someone to side with.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Ngl, the idea that prez is actually right in all of this has gotta be the most unhinged take ive seen on dynasty and thats saying alot lmao.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

Ngl, the idea that prez is actually right in all of this has gotta be the most unhinged take ive seen on dynasty and thats saying alot lmao.

ikr

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Bro straight up pulled some joker shit just because he wants order. Fuck this guy's pol

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

After reading Walk to Death, I'm pretty sure Ryouko designed Prez to look like Aoya for some reason, uh.

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

Prez is one of those characters that I wish I could just punch through the screen. Also, I'm calling it now: Michinaga will be the one to prevent Seo's death.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

She need Akira and Miho...

Miho is the first girl she saved/got along with right? She hasn't been around in a while so I don't remember her name.

And honestly she's just as screwed up as the president if that's her. She literally tried to kill Satsuki because she "lied" and didn't jump off the roof like she said she was going too. She's just as screwed up as the president if not worse and if the president finds out how she really is... She going to become a enemy and start helping that crazy fuck president.

However Akira is very missed she needs to come back asap.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Miho is the first girl she saved/got along with right? She hasn't been around in a while so I don't remember her name.

And honestly she's just as screwed up as the president if that's her. She literally tried to kill Satsuki because she "lied" and didn't jump off the roof like she said she was going too. She's just as screwed up as the president if not worse and if the president finds out how she really is... She going to become a enemy and start helping that crazy fuck president.

That's Komachi you're thinking of. Miho is the blonde girl who (used to) bully Komachi, the one the Prez frequently had his eyes on to punish.

joined Nov 21, 2019

You're thinking of Komachi. Miho is the girl that Satsuki initially didn't like because she was bullying Komachi.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^^^
You're thinking of Komachi. Miho is the mean girl who was bullying Komachi. You may remember her as the one Satsuki half-drowned in the pool to save her from a concussion, and she was also the girl Michiru tied up and almost lit on fire because someone swapped the oil she was using with combustible oil as they mentioned in this chapter. She's friends with Satsuki now though they're still in conflict about her being a bully.

last edited at Jun 30, 2022 10:07AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Okay, but this whole thing with the detergent that was supposedly oh so clever and "omigod Satsuki fell for the president's trap again", seemed so stupid? I guess it falls In the same category as all these unrealistic deaths/saves we've seen before, but this was literally on the same level as the kid's traps in Home Alone. I mean, for real now?

AngelsDoNotCry
Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

If the prez is meant to be the 'big bad' then can we hit reverse and go back to when the deaths were just random.

This character is dumb and his hypocritical schemes are dumb as well lol.

last edited at Jun 30, 2022 12:16PM

Golden Mertens
Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

Why did Satsuki and Akira stopped hanging out? did I missed something?

Anyway, I feel like this prez arc is close to a end, either next chapter or after the next one

joined Nov 21, 2019

Why did Satsuki and Akira stopped hanging out? did I missed something?

Anyway, I feel like this prez arc is close to a end, either next chapter or after the next one

They didn't stop hanging out. Satsuki is just at school for make up exams while Akira is presumably enjoying her summer vacation.

Polish_20220813_091412010%20(2)%20(1)
joined Oct 17, 2021

Okay, but this whole thing with the detergent that was supposedly oh so clever and "omigod Satsuki fell for the president's trap again", seemed so stupid? I guess it falls In the same category as all these unrealistic deaths/saves we've seen before, but this was literally on the same level as the kid's traps in Home Alone. I mean, for real now?

School Alone: Lost in Summer Vacation
Starring: Satsuki Culkin
10/10 would watch every Christmas.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

And the whole thing can be solved by just punching him in the face and throwing him out the window. But well would kinda ruin the point.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Prez is one of those characters that I wish I could just punch through the screen. Also, I'm calling it now: Michinaga will be the one to prevent Seo's death.

WHOOO LET'S GET THAT DEUS EX MACHINA I LIKE TO CALL CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
I'M HERE FOR IT

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

This is just an alternate, gayer death note

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

sure his method is merciless, but why let the Bully bully more people, it's like talking to serial killer and send them to jail for 5 years and releases him, guess what? Serial killer kills more people and this time it's hard to catch him, what a perfect world.
Why am I comparing Bully with Serial Killer? Both lacking care of others, they just do it for their enjoyment, they don't care about other.

What is this? Injustice: Gods Among Us? lmao

What's your point?

Cause one of the major points of that story is that if we lower ourselves to the same standards as the ones we’re fighting we inevitably become them. Superman literally starts killing people because joker blew up metropolis and the original story ends with superman trying to destroy metropolis to have his way.

Also side note, a bully and a serial killer are in no way comparable, more often than not a bully is the victim of even greater abuse either at home or somewhere else. And the biggest difference is that a bully is usually a child and when you are arguing for the death of a CHILD because they made bad choices you should really take a step back and think about your argument.

Do I even said "Dictatorship good"? No, I said those bully and killer is lacking care to others.

Are you saying me siding with Prez indicate me supporting serial killer? No, he's not, if he is, why didn't he killed those who breaks the law because "you have to follow the rules" strict rule.

Of course child bully would get free jail card, oh no, the child just traumatized someone, the victim don't want to go to school because they're scare, what's next? Oh, the bully made them suicidal, what's next? The bully made them sociopath, next part, the bully made them wants to kill them. The victim parent's have a hard time to conduct their child with how much pressure the bully put the victim on.

Wait, the bully is also victim, so their mindset is "I will ruin someone else life because my life is shit" are you serious? Isn't that proof my point that they're terrible people too?

And did you think that I am going to kill more people if one guy commit heinous crime? That's a big fat NO, if I am a vigilante, I'm not those edgy kill first then talk. I do some research and if I found out they're not the one I thought, I let them free. I'm not gonna go to innocent bystander and be like "Fuck you" and kill them immediately.

I compare bully and serial killer due to them lacking care for others, how could anyone don't get this seriously? It's clear as the light during morning were presented.

last edited at Jun 30, 2022 2:18PM

joined May 29, 2021

If the prez is meant to be the 'big bad' then can we hit reverse and go back to when the deaths were just random.

This character is dumb and his hypocritical schemes are dumb as well lol.

I still think Komachi will end up being the actual antagonist.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

^^^
You're thinking of Komachi. Miho is the mean girl who was bullying Komachi. You may remember her as the one Satsuki half-drowned in the pool to save her from a concussion, and she was also the girl Michiru tied up and almost lit on fire because someone swapped the oil she was using with combustible oil as they mentioned in this chapter. She's friends with Satsuki now though they're still in conflict about her being a bully.

Ahhh see I'm awful with names if I don't see them often enough @_@. I know exactly who you're talking about now my apologies haha.

But yeah okay then All prez has to do is get Komachi alone and talk to her and call Satsuki a liar on something and she will basically force said thing to happen right? Since she doesn't like liars. Again she flat out tried to kill Satsuki because she lied about jumping off the building lol.

joined May 1, 2013

This is supposed to be a big Agatha Christie "here's how I did the impossible locked room murder!" with the twist that the murder hasn't happened yet. But it doesn't really work; the timing is off and the explanation is weak. Like, okay, I can piece it together: Satsuki was tricked because the second corpse only appeared after she'd closed the door and thought she made the room safe. But I had to read it back a couple of times to get it. Unusually clumsy for this manga.

Ah well, at least Michinaga's face turn finally happened.

To reply you must either login or sign up.