Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

he's taking out his hatred towards a past bully onto another

Past bully? No, he's a president of the school, he knows everyone here, he's not gonna go slap a student out of nowhere, this man knows how to make a trap, meaning this man can also observe every single person here, including the teacher.

last edited at Jun 17, 2022 8:46PM

joined Mar 25, 2019

The prez's moral grandstanding is really unconvincing. It's not even that he's annoying to me but his logic falls apart so easily. Let's say Seo or Miho has family that loved them, has he ever seen the grief of a parent losing a child? Wouldn't someone who caused such grief be a worse person than either of them and therefore be better off dead? Unless he and his little minion has a suicide pact after their job is done I guess. It would make more sense (and be more compelling) if he were killing people who were going to cause another's death. That's an even bigger dillemma for Satsuki and challenges her actions directly. I don't think that Satsuki's worldview is perfect or anything but at least she's honest with its shortcomings and consistent. It's fine that the antagonist is a hypocrite but I iust can't believe that he's so charismatic and convincing that he can DESTROY SATSUKI WITH FACTS AND LOGIC everytime they talk when his entire worldview falls apart with a simple question.

last edited at Jun 18, 2022 1:09AM

Y9i7untz_400x400
joined Oct 22, 2021

TBH if I were prez I'd go into hiding after a bad bitch called me weak

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Past bully? No, he's a president of the school, he knows everyone here, he's not gonna go slap a student out of nowhere, this man knows how to make a trap, meaning this man can also observe every single person here, including the teacher.

Wait what? Does that mean that when you talked about "the backstory of his hatred of bully" you were referring to Seo? And not the president's past experience with bullies?

Aren't you jumping to conclusions here? We haven't really been shown any real evidence that Seo has actually done any of the things she's been accused of. And while I could believe that she is a bully (even just to prove that Satsuki is too trusting), I don't see why I should trust the president's judgement on this. Just because he's the president of the student body, it doesn't mean that he knows and observes everyone. For many, he would likely only know what has been reported to him (as it seems to be in Seo's case). Otherwise, why didn't he do anything to prevent the class rep's suicide? If he knew, why didn't he take action? Or could it be that he's so focused on taking out the bad people, that he has no concern for saving the good?

It would make more sense (and be more compelling) if he were killing people who were going to cause another's death. That's an even bigger dillemma for Satsuki and challenges her actions directly.

You have a point here, that would be quite interesting.

joined Apr 10, 2020

We haven't really been shown any real evidence that Seo has actually done any of the things she's been accused of.

That's the point of backstory.

why didn't he do anything to prevent the class rep's suicide?

When the Prez's appearing? He wasn't introduce when class rep's suicide arc happened.

Let's say Seo or Miho has family that loved them, has he ever seen the grief of a parent losing a child? Wouldn't someone who caused such grief be a worse person than either of them and therefore be better off dead?

This might sounds a very asshole answer, but the parents should teach their child better if they don't want them dead, like "Son, stop bullying people, you don't know what type of enemy you will make." Plus, if your son are sociopath, that would be hard too, cause he/she likely to be target by his/her victim. If your son psychopath, rip.

last edited at Jun 18, 2022 7:26AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

We haven't really been shown any real evidence that Seo has actually done any of the things she's been accused of.

That's the point of backstory.

Sure, but from what we've been shown so far, it seems that the president regards those reports as evidence, which they are not. I don't understand why you're so eager to believe that he's right and he's definitely aware and well-informed of all the students' problems or wrongdoings.

why didn't he do anything to prevent the class rep's suicide?

When the Prez's appearing? He wasn't introduce when class rep's suicide arc happened.

That was exactly my point: you talk about him as if he's some omniscient presence in the school, yet he didn't even realise that whole thing was happening (or if he did, he decided to ignore it).

Honestly, I don't think we'll ever reach an understanding, so maybe we should just let it go.

last edited at Jun 18, 2022 9:12AM

joined Apr 10, 2020

I don't understand why you're so eager to believe that he's right and he's definitely aware and well-informed of all the students' problems or wrongdoings.

Because he knows it, why wouldn't he? He's not the type killing someone just because they break one law.

That was exactly my point: you talk about him as if he's some omniscient present in the school, yet he didn't even realise that whole thing was happening (or if he did, he decided to ignore it).

Omni what? Dude I think everyone can be like him, have you heard a profession "Detective"?
Either way, I was about to fix that part, I was supposed to correct that part to "Prez didn't attempt to save class rep cause someone already onto her(Satsuki), he could stop it but Satsuki and Akari was with her, there's nothing he can do.

last edited at Jun 18, 2022 8:03AM

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

He's not the type killing someone just because they break one law.

Are we reading the same manga?

joined Apr 10, 2020

He's not the type killing someone just because they break one law.

Are we reading the same manga?

Yes

Golden Mertens
Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

sure his method is merciless, but why let the Bully bully more people, it's like talking to serial killer and send them to jail for 5 years and releases him, guess what? Serial killer kills more people and this time it's hard to catch him, what a perfect world.
Why am I comparing Bully with Serial Killer? Both lacking care of others, they just do it for their enjoyment, they don't care about other.

What is this? Injustice: Gods Among Us? lmao

joined Apr 10, 2020

sure his method is merciless, but why let the Bully bully more people, it's like talking to serial killer and send them to jail for 5 years and releases him, guess what? Serial killer kills more people and this time it's hard to catch him, what a perfect world.
Why am I comparing Bully with Serial Killer? Both lacking care of others, they just do it for their enjoyment, they don't care about other.

What is this? Injustice: Gods Among Us? lmao

What's your point?

joined Mar 25, 2019

This might sounds a very asshole answer, but the parents should teach their child better if they don't want them dead, like "Son, stop bullying people, you don't know what type of enemy you will make." Plus, if your son are sociopath, that would be hard too, cause he/she likely to be target by his/her victim. If your son psychopath, rip.

This is absolutely nonsensical, most of your comments are actually. Maybe it's because you have a hard time getting your point across in English but not only is it an absurd moral framework it is also a ridiculous comparison to the characters in the story.

joined Apr 10, 2020

This is absolutely nonsensical, most of your comments are actually. Maybe it's because you have a hard time getting your point across in English but not only is it an absurd moral framework it is also a ridiculous comparison to the characters in the story.

Tell me what's the nonsense?
Why is it absurd moral?
Why is it a ridiculous comparison?

And I understand English perfectly.

last edited at Jun 24, 2022 2:33AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Your chain of argument is wrong. Being president does not imply knowing everyone in school. I agree that he probably knows about the problem children though. He knows how to make a trap, true. In fact, he'd go as far as to manipulate this girl (who's name Ive forgotten) into becoming his murderous pawn. So yes, he will "go slap a student out of nowhere". Knowing how to scheme does mot make you immune towards other schemes. You dont become all seeing, just because you try.

Btw, between Satuski and Prez, Id take prez side. But both are extremes, making this argument a bit unreasonable.
Id take his side simply because his moral code has more potential.

last edited at Jun 24, 2022 10:54AM

joined Apr 10, 2020

he'd go as far as to manipulate this girl (who's name Ive forgotten) into becoming his murderous pawn.

That girl was messed up from the start, so he used her, it's like use bad guys to kill another bad guys.

So yes, he will "go slap a student out of nowhere".

That quote used for killing, meaning the Prez won't kill someone just because someone break one law.

Example, that bully Satsuki death threat at Early Chapter, Prez wasn't planning to kill her when she first bully someone, he stated that he gave her a warning twice before.

Second, Akari. He could've killed her when she first breaking the law, usually fighting problem. But no, first thing he did was knowing of why Akari act like that, just like Satsuki.

joined Jun 5, 2018

he'd go as far as to manipulate this girl (who's name Ive forgotten) into becoming his murderous pawn.

That girl was messed up from the start, so he used her, it's like use bad guys to kill another bad guys.

Hardly a viable reason. As long as you only think, youre not guilty. At least in my book. Thinking messed up stuff and actually doing it are two pairs of shoe.

Of course, theres no way to show youre wrong, since the prez and all the other people here work on different premises. He is (this would be a cross post reference at this point) a 1 to 1 copy of ayao from his previous work in terms of moral code. Theres no internal inconsistency, but that doesnt make it agreeable.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Uhoh it looks like that obnoxious president might actually get someone killed and she wont be able to save them... I figured she was due to lose someone since she's been able to save people every time this will rock her hard if she ends up not being able to save her though.

joined Apr 6, 2013

The Satsuki harem of mentally ill women grows by one.

joined Mar 19, 2022

She better fucking save Seo because I am not ready for anyone to die.

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

Hmm this author likes to pull crazy twists after a cliff hanger so I'm not sure what do expect, knowing Satsuki she would either jump off the window or someone was backing her up

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

aaaah the president is so damn insufferable! the author is doing almost too good a job making me hate the smug twat

satsuki's pulled off some wild last minute saves but i have a bad feeling about this one...that i really hope is wrong.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Hmm this author likes to pull crazy twists after a cliff hanger so I'm not sure what do expect, knowing Satsuki she would either jump off the window or someone was backing her up

Something like Michinaga saving Seo after realizing the prez might have been the one who framed against her? Satsuki is not strong enough to just jump and land without a serious injury and having her and Michinaga "making out" just before that is quite sus

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Prez really thinks Satsuki won't jump out an open window just to save someone on the other side, across the courtyard?

wishforasunnyday
joined Nov 13, 2021

She need Akira and Miho...
But most likely it would be Michinaga chan to save the world this time.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Once again I would like to ask someone to throttle that fucking prez

To reply you must either login or sign up.