Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

I'm surprised by how normal and sane the Garth/Dorothy plan ended up being. Boiled down to Dorothy sitting Yvonne down and going "look, I am in love with you for real. Just want to clear up any misunderstandings."

Sadly at a very bad time as Evie's mental state is still jumbled because she was just recently forced to hurt her beloved by the system.

joined Mar 25, 2021

At this point it would’ve been easier to tell Elsa about the villainess system than break both of your hearts with this lie.

Tell Elsa what? That she hears voices that tell her to hurt others and she does as they say?

Would there even be mental hospitals at their time which is like set in a medieval setting I presume?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, practical thought: Magic exists in the game's world, right? If so, magical creatures and such probably do, too. If Evie frames the villainess system to Elsa as a powerful magical entity (or just a curse) bound to her that forces her to hurt her from time to time, then she can effectively explain everything of relevance to Elsa without booking a trip to crazytown. Given how Elsa's entire existence revolves around Evie at this point, she will believe her, and it will be on Elsa to prove her heroine chops and to save her love interest from the inevitable retribution that will follow.

The way I see it, Evie's problem is that she still views Elsa as a fragile flower and does not trust in Elsa's ability to handle whatever the villainess system throws at them. This is not Evie's fault because she was traumatized by the last time she rebelled against it and has an overwhelming fear of its wrath. Still, we've been shown time and time again that Elsa is a powerhouse and that, unless she is caught at a very vulnerable moment like at the very start of the series, nothing Evie does to her can actually stick.

Evie has internalized the villainess system, seeing it as part of herself, so what she wants is to protect Elsa from this "herself". But what she needs is to reframe the villainess system as their shared obstacle/enemy, to open up about it to Elsa, and, most of all, to trust Elsa to face the wrath of the system together with her.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 5:06AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I know the ending tends to overshadow the rest of the chapter, but we do also need to mention Evie realizing how (and, just as importantly, why) they really do look like a couple. :D

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 5:15AM

joined Mar 25, 2021

I know the ending tends to overshadow the rest of the chapter, but we do also need to mention Evie realizing how (and, just as importantly, why) they really do look like a couple. :D

Yeah the chapter started super super wholesome and sweet. Then the trauma came and took all of the bliss away :(

joined Mar 25, 2021

Also if its any relief, have a gay paniking Evie to calm your beating heart after this hwartwrenching chapter

joined Apr 11, 2022

But seeing as there's like 40 more chapters I'm pretty sure we're entering an angst arc now.

Wait there would be 40 more chapters? And here I though this could be the climax. If it's seeing them suffering these weeks before going back to being lovey dovey, but with next to zero solutions about their relationship, then I don't want to endure it anymore.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

The drama is so good, I'm loving it !

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 6:18AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

"now that I think about it, now days I'm always with Elsa every day and we always sleep in the same bed."...
¯(°_o)/¯

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Sadly at a very bad time as Evie's mental state is still jumbled because she was just recently forced to hurt her beloved by the system.

*from Evie's perspective and preconceptions. In actuality tho, no hard proof yet. Take a note of how vague the author is being with it, even up to this point.

But the end result is the same. It looks like she is ignoring Elsa's description, instead just staring at it and having a massive PTSD attack.

She has been in this world for a bloody long time, thinking in circles for at least a decade. Her mind is conditioned and fucked up badly.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

lol she probably got a villainess prompt right there

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Trauma is a bitch bruh.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

now Yvonne next time you tell her you hate her more than anything else in the world try not looking so deeply pained about it, haha. It's obviously sad to see Yvonne finally reaching her breaking point but wow I'm willing to bet that Elsa sees right through her with that speech if only because Yvonne looks like she's about to cry from having to be mean to Elsa.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

At this point it would’ve been easier to tell Elsa about the villainess system than break both of your hearts with this lie.

Tell Elsa what? That she hears voices that tell her to hurt others and she does as they say?

Would there even be mental hospitals at their time which is like set in a medieval setting I presume?

With the carriages, the clothes, and school setting (despite being game), I'd hazard it's late Gregorian/Early Victorian, and sanitoriums were very much a thing. Take your crazies (whether actually crazy or not), and huck them all in one place and forget about them.

joined Mar 23, 2022

NOOO EVEEEEE!! STAPHH ITT!!! STAPHHHUU YAR DIRTY MOUTH!!!

joined Mar 25, 2021

now Yvonne next time you tell her you hate her more than anything else in the world try not looking so deeply pained about it, haha. It's obviously sad to see Yvonne finally reaching her breaking point but wow I'm willing to bet that Elsa sees right through her with that speech if only because Yvonne looks like she's about to cry from having to be mean to Elsa.

Now imagine if Elsa stands firm, and continues pushing, saying that she loves her no matter what and she wants to help whatever is torturing her, saying they'll get through it together, and then suddenly a vilainess prompt comes up ordering her to hurt her, wouldn't that be insane haha.. Unless?

joined Mar 25, 2021

With the carriages, the clothes, and school setting (despite being game), I'd hazard it's late Gregorian/Early Victorian, and sanitoriums were very much a thing. Take your crazies (whether actually crazy or not), and huck them all in one place and forget about them.

Uh oh Evie better find a magical creature to blame her system on or she's gonna be stuck there forever

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Large sized oof.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

now Yvonne next time you tell her you hate her more than anything else in the world try not looking so deeply pained about it, haha.

It would also help to not loudly agonize over having to hurt and bully Elsa right before claiming to hate her. Those two things kinda don't fit :D

BortzObsessed
8abdf478-6a82-44b1-8f02-abaa8c9ba316
joined May 20, 2022

With the world they live in, and how Elsa is, I see her believing Yvonne before contacting the straight jacket people lol

CreamyDesk19
Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Aaaannggssstt

joined May 1, 2015

I was lied to. I thought this series wasn't going to have drawn out drama and it was just going to be wholesome.

joined Mar 25, 2021

I was lied to. I thought this series wasn't going to have drawn out drama and it was just going to be wholesome.

Faith betrayed, but honestly I welcome this development, the system is a big threat that can and will escalate that cannot be taken lightly, no matter how much of a wingman it was.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Depends on where the next chapter takes this, I guess.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Oh shit here we go

To reply you must either login or sign up.