Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

joined Aug 21, 2017

Relying on random acts of nature to progress the story seems a bit cheap. I mean it can totally work but not in a romance manga.

And cars shouldnt explode in action stories

They usually explode for a reason. When Bad guy or the good guys shoots at it for example. Usually not when a random wind blows out of nowhere.

I think it does feel a little cheap, but hey, at least we're getting some progress.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Relying on random acts of nature to progress the story seems a bit cheap. I mean it can totally work but not in a romance manga.

They usually explode for a reason. When Bad guy or the good guys shoots at it for example. Usually not when a random wind blows out of nowhere.

A car exploding when shot is about as realistic as a gust of wind blowing a declaration of love to its recipient: technically possible but the odds are astronomically low.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A car exploding when shot is about as realistic as a gust of wind blowing a declaration of love to its recipient: technically possible but the odds are astronomically low.

And shooting is still the more realistic of the situations where cars explode in movies, a simple crash is often more than enough to immediately hear a big boom.

joined Jul 26, 2016

And shooting is still the more realistic of the situations where cars explode in movies, a simple crash is often more than enough to immediately hear a big boom.

If Hollywood was to be believed cars run on nitroglycerine.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oh no, two conflicting wishes. The declaration of love will likely "destroy" something in the perfect fantasy world Watanabe is in.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Ririka, Watanabe doesn't deserve you.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I thought about those random acts of nature that prevents yuri every time, so this one's surprising in a yuri.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Ririka, Watanabe doesn't deserve you.

I trust Ririka. She’ll get the girl and get Watanabe to realize she needs to improve to stay with best girl Yoshioka.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I gotta say, I think like 50% of the reason that people are confused has to be due to sub-par translation, I sometimes feel like I'm having a stroke whie reading this.
Also lmao at Watanabe's wish, it's like it's from some completely unrelated fantasy story where the existence of the world is endangered by some ancient beings trying to destroy the fundamental forces of nature. (I get it's probably meant to be something along the lines of the school keeping its vibe, but the translators strike again).

I don't think that had anything to do with "the translators striking again" tbh, it seems fairly in character for Watanabe both to have this sort of wish and to phrase it exactly like that. I do agree that the translation probably plays a role in the general confusion about the side characters, but then again, I have to admit they're all so bland that I doubt they'd be much more memorable even if the translation was perfect. I've kinda come to like Sana though, she's fun.

last edited at Jun 3, 2022 7:27AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

^^ Sana is really fun and seems to be the only self-aware character among the side ones, enough to notice Ririka and Fuyu’s gay bs and criticise the weird sister system.

And this right here was a move.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Except one has agency in it and one does not. You know which one so lets drop this pedantic bs

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

^^ Sana is really fun and seems to be the only self-aware character among the side ones, enough to notice Ririka and Fuyu’s gay bs and criticise the weird sister system.

Best Side Character™

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

What will watanabes answer be?!

joined Jul 26, 2016

https://64.media.tumblr.com/90de3ad5da6cb619511839beb5b88e43/bfe770af66fa09df-9c/s1280x1920/2f8e39e0e7dcd85466ea1cf7b8ad36957883eafd.jpg)

Best Side Character™

Irreverent junior ftw

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

What will watanabes answer be?!

She’ll either ignore Yoshioka for some chapters while she freaks out or pretend she didn’t understand what was there and Yoshioka will be too shy to explain.
Their summer vacation is almost starting (it’s July, i think) so it’s not like they are going to suffer looking at each other at school after that

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

https://64.media.tumblr.com/90de3ad5da6cb619511839beb5b88e43/bfe770af66fa09df-9c/s1280x1920/2f8e39e0e7dcd85466ea1cf7b8ad36957883eafd.jpg)

Best Side Character™

Irreverent junior ftw

she’s my fav side character after aoi bc she knows whats up

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Also, that bun is clearly on the left from her perspective :P

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Oh thank god. Development.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Except one has agency in it and one does not. You know which one so lets drop this pedantic bs

Random inexplicable explosions don't have agency either lol. Not sure why you felt the need to move the goalposts before terminating the conversation, but okay.

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

THE YURI AT THE END DUDE, LOOK AT IT LOOK AT THE YURIII!!!! X3

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

The ultimate way to read this manga is to read the first 3 pages and the last 3 and skip the rest

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

THE YURI AT THE END DUDE, LOOK AT IT LOOK AT THE YURIII!!!! X3

This chapter was all yuri!!!
It started with Ririka admitting she's walking with Sana-chan because she's jealous and Fuyu denying that she obviously likes Ririka, and Sana hitting the nail in the coffin of her bs calling Watanabe out

and the undeniable confession? we are finally focusing getting some GREAT development y'all

chef's kiss

carlosraruto
Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Watanabe got some PTSD going on

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

idk what it is about this ch.14 in particular but that was really hard to read for some reason?

that aside, i'm glad Watanabe didn't outright distance herself from Ririka or turn her down, creating misunderstandings but rather went with the "i can't imagine someone like you actually liking me" route. That's just gonna make Ririka fired up to be even more open with it!

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Okay here's my guess: Watanabe has an ex-crush or ex-girlfriend from middle school that she fell out with (thats who was texting her) and so she immersed herself in the world of yuri as a way of escaping and deflecting from her own sexuality, vowing to "never have a 3d love again" and so she's gonna try to distance herself from Yoshioka out of fear of loss again.

yo I think you were right

To reply you must either login or sign up.