Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

joined Sep 6, 2018

A “Bloom Into You” ending. Just an observation. No complaints.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Awwwww, it really is an Arata Iri manga when it ends in a crazy way lol. I am gonna miss this series, missed it the first time when it was the original series, gonna miss it again with this finished state. Hope to see another series soon.

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

wait wtf. it's over?? just like that?? wtf happened with that sussy teacher? nekozaki reconciled with her mom way too quickly.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Well that ended better then it could’ve at least

BortzObsessed
8abdf478-6a82-44b1-8f02-abaa8c9ba316
joined May 20, 2022

A “Bloom Into You” ending. Just an observation. No complaints.

My thoughts exactly. A little NSFW here and moving in together during university. Meh, I like it.

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Ah this rlly is the end ~ it makes me sad but happy that they've come so far~ i'll miss them dearly. Guess ill read the og.

BlueStallion44
joined Aug 29, 2016

I feel neutral overall. Strong/appealing start, but then got weird, with forced drama, and stupid uselessness. Then whee, time skip! Nice ending.

Time skip like in Pocha Climb! That one got axed so it wrapped up quickly. Stuff definitely got weird, the hype was so high with the drama and the secret. The teacher tho, where’d the teacher go? Poor Tsubaki. But I’m glad they got the NSFW ending because they didn’t even kiss in the original series. This one, we got the kiss and we were all like YAY! And good for Ren for being super chill about introducing her gf to her mom like no issues with being a lesbian lol. Truly just felt so happy after realizing her feelings for her girl yaw. Yuri all the way

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Mom approves. And Mikoto can top just as well as Ren. :D

joined Feb 10, 2022

It was a nice ending. Always appreciated showing the main couple doing yuri things between them :)
Btw technically Mikoto Top-ed Ren in the bathroom but it wasn't shown

last edited at May 30, 2022 8:48AM

joined Dec 4, 2017

series end with a really hot chapter, ty author!

joined Jul 8, 2020

Too fast but great art and nice ending. i hope side characters got more side stories! I love tsubaki-sensei pair and want to see more of them

joined Jun 12, 2015

Only one volume longer than the previous cancelled version. Arata Iri is cursed.

F839vla_372
joined Mar 24, 2018

Only one volume longer than the previous cancelled version. Arata Iri is cursed.

She's cursed to draw good manga that don't go on for more than three volumes.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Ah, the dreaded time skip straight to college life. Great manga though, all around. Wish there was more time to delve deeper into some of the other couples, but I digress.

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

She's cursed to draw good manga that don't go on for more than three volumes.

You are right. Even her other manga, Kowareteite mo Kamaimasen, ended with only three volumes.

From what I heard, she will start an adaptation of the light novel "Goodbye SenGen"

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

turns out the whole ass series is on dynasty scans so thats cool

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

turns out the whole ass series is on dynasty scans so thats cool

I quickly read the parts that I missed and honestly this was a banger series and I loved it all during it. The only bad thing I'd say is that it ended way too shortly. I loved the dynamic of all the couples here so I kinda wanted some more of it. Maybe some time where there's only them involved in the chapter, though either way this was still quite good to read. Can't wait to read the next manga this author creates!

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

Can't believe that annoying ass club still managed to clamjam them one last time before the end of the series. It was an awesome story but it could've used less side characters clamjam gimmicks.

last edited at May 31, 2022 2:44AM

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

"I got axed again"
Arata Iri, 2022

last edited at May 31, 2022 8:29AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Gonna edit this post with reactions:

I was just thinking oh this is a wholesome romance. Then this happens https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch04#22

Is this just fucking pussy block the manga?:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch7_2#13

This and next page. I'M LITERALLY SCREAMING RIGHT NOW WTF?! How many times is this author going to utilize this shit?:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch12#6

Ok finished it. Loved it. Twists and turns that more or less get resolved. Feelings are hard.

Also drove me crazy that Nekozaki was trying to confess to her first two chapters, and then turns her down later. But I guess the more you get to know someone, the more afraid of losing them you are.

Also I'm not sure I understand that you want so badly to have an impact on someone that you'd rather leave a rift and have them remember you than leave on good terms. With shishimaru and blue hair girl.

last edited at May 31, 2022 3:01PM

KazuyaKirigaya
joined Feb 7, 2022

Takkun really down for an all out orgy huh, guessing she would want to experience it just once since she's very ill.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Massive ups to Arata Iri for finally getting to finish a manga on her own terms (I hope). That said, I really wanted to like this, but I don't think it's good. The intertwining narrative stuff in volume 2 and early volume 3 is cool and quite unusual. Otherwise, so much of the content can be chalked up to "re-framing events already told last time," "massive new plot threads that won't be meaningfully developed," and "they run away from each other a lot." I don't think the serious turn was helpful at all to these characters, and I don't think the lost content was replaced by enough to make me appreciate them any further than I already did.

I'm also so sad we didn't even get more Tsubaki / Nekozaki moments. Chapter 13 in the OG was so unique and fulfilling, and, like, emotional kabedon is justice. Then, sort've confused and disappointed by Nekozaki's character in general. Her backstory and actions are so much over-the-top than they were originally, yet the responses she gets from other characters are significantly more muted. Very few times were any of Nekozaki's issues really addressed or confronted by other characters in a way that made sense to me. As Lilification said previously, real people don't act like this (and no, neither do well-written manga characters).

benja posted:

i´m really happy that arata iri was finally able to finish a manga, her art and panel lay out improve a lot and the manga had some great moments but i really feel like it was such a missed oportunity, with some minor changes uchoten had the potential to be as good as school zone . I really dont get why they decided to go on a completly different direction

Yeah, I figured we'd agree again...

Still, I'm happy for her! I'm glad she finally got her sex scene ending, and I'm glad that she seems happy with her results. I also liked this a lot, lol.

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

I didn't really read the original and maybe that's why I'm incredibly confused...?

The story started nicely, it was cute, fluffy and interesting, but then things started to run a marathon like it had a deadline, no time to breath at all and the way Nekozaki just wrapped things up with her mother like it wasn't some several-years-old trauma is shocking. I was getting School Zone vibes from this after we're presented to the other girl's stories and backgrounds, and god, was it amazing(Turns out the vibes were there, but more like a faint shadow of what SZ is). The story behing Pengin and Shishimaru really got to my core, it hit way too close to home and I wanted to see more of them but it's like they treated their relationship as patched and done, like what? what happens afterwards? even after that sudden time skip, we don't really know how things are with the rest, are they together? is Tsubaki still with Ms.Shiro? There's so many questions.
I can't help but feel like things got off-rails just after Mikoto kissed Tsubaki tbh. They didn't just started running away from each other, but the story also started to run to be completed.

Perhaps that really is because I didn't read the original, but to be completely fair, this would be very first time where I see an artist making a rework to be just a pretty resume of the original. Arata Iri's style surely is to die for in my opinion, the expressions, the panels, even the creativity with them and dialogue boxes: that dialogue box of Tsubaki on ch01 hitting Nekozaki because what she's saying is directly going agaisnt what she did is simple but It was really funny, I've never seen that type of dialogue box/character interaction before and it's top notch. Even the character dynamics, they're quite a breath of fresh air, they all have a really distinct personality and hell, I'm here for it all the way. But still, it's like they were used on the wrong way...? idk
I'll try to read the original to check if that's just the way they do story telling or if it's because it's a rework.

Anyway, I'll come here from time to time just to read Pengin and Shishimaru's part fore sure, specially page 21 of ch09. Absolutely marvelous.

O0480040113112528096
joined May 23, 2014

The orgy part really killded me

O0480040113112528096
joined May 23, 2014

The orgy part really killded me

To reply you must either login or sign up.